• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf comes out in less than a month.....where's the coverage?

Ostinatto

I NEED THIS GAME, cant stand watching bad (sorry) players playing this game, makes me go insane...

giphy.gif

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I NEED THIS GAME, cant stand watching bad (sorry) players playing this game, makes me go insane...

giphy.gif

That how I feel watching streams. No consideration for how the ball is lying, wind, possible hazards, and the risk reward aspect of going for an overpowered shot but with only a small hit box for accuracy on the meter. Its like watching a grandparent navigate a desktop on their PC.

Can any of you early adopters answer the question as to whether Advanced Swing is an option or perhaps an add-on later in the player progression process?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
So thirsty for some hot shots I downloaded PS Now and am now playing World Invitational until this baby comes out

Putty

As i expected, the actual golf aspect is as amazing as ever...Fabulous ball physics. It's really great seeing other golfers on course with you. Really immerses you...for £25 you just can't go wrong! Love it love it love it...

Is there a proper challenge mode like with the previous games?

The problem with this and other informations like the presence or not of an alternative control is that the game now is really slow in unlocking things.

For example, only yesterday after three days the game showed me and activated the triangle/circle mechanics, where if you press one of those button when swinging you can raise or lower a bit the power of the swing at the last second.

So maybe the answer to your question is yes, but we don't know yet :)

What I'm curious to learn is the presence or not of a real tournaments in multiplayer like those on Vita, where every a couple of minutes a new tourney was announced by the speaker. In the fact sheet they gave to us with the review copy, it's written that a couple hours before the official launch the server will going offline for an update. Maybe something is going to change there.

The problem with this and other informations like the presence or not of an alternative control is that the game now is really slow in unlocking things.

For example, only yesterday after three days the game showed me and activated the triangle/circle mechanics, where if you press one of those button when swinging you can raise or lower a bit the power of the swing at the last second.

So maybe the answer to your question is yes, but we don't know yet :)

You'd think 2 days from release we'd at least know if the meat of the game exists.

You'd think 2 days from release we'd at least know if the meat of the game exists.

Yes we should, but we don't :)

Btw, here's the text about the patch for the multiplayer.

"Servers are up and running, but this environment is not representative of the consumer launch experience as there are very few people online to populate servers from 25/8 – 30/8. Therefore, we’d encourage media to hold off on posting their reviews until they spend significant time playing online with the community after launch on 30/8.

A new patch will be deployed and servers will undergo maintenance for a few hours early morning on the 28/8. Also, please note that save progress from your review will carry over to the launch consumer environment on 30/8."

Ok after reading initial reactions it sounds fine, I think pending them pulling microtransations or something it will be a safe bet.

catspit

Is there anti-cheat for online tourneys? I remember tiger woods golf from EA and everyone was like -65 by the end or something rediculous because of rapid fire controllers. Not sure if they can use the same technique with this game.....

There's the usual single player mode in this, right? I know there's an online focus, but not sure if it's like GT Sport where the SP is minimal and something of an afterthought.

There's the usual single player mode in this, right? I know there's an online focus, but not sure if it's like GT Sport where the SP is minimal and something of an afterthought.

The only way to unlock things is the tournament mode, which is basically the classic single player of previous games, play tournaments until you Go against a 1 on 1 VS character.

The only way to unlock things is the tournament mode, which is basically the classic single player of previous games, play tournaments until you Go against a 1 on 1 VS character.

But this time the bosses are three for every "stage" and not just one. The single player is good, with random tournaments and special rules.

I just unlocked the ability to
swim.

To get the secret ability,
Score 50 birdies and you'll get a VS match against Thomas, an australian swimmer.. He was tough but i managed to beat him, Now i can swim in water super fast. :D

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
I thought 2B might like to play some golf.

2buwjws.jpg

That's an actual character model from the game...?

I'm watching a twitch stream, and the character models look absolutely terrible. Maybe ps3 level, maybe. Jaggies, terrible animation, faces are unbelievably bad. Wow.

Too bad.

moozoom

Bought a moustache, and made another character :
Still loving the game btw, just unlocked Rank 3. The new course is quite nice - I like the music.

Question for those who are also Rank 3 :
where is the item on the floor in the home area ? I can't find it... The first one was at your feet but this one seems hidden.

Daffy Duck

How can I create more than one character?

New game seems to say that my progress will be cleared, is that how I get more than one character?

moozoom

How can I create more than one character?

New game seems to say that my progress will be cleared, is that how I get more than one character?

You just continue your previous game, and in the character customisation you have 7 more slots to make new ones.

v1lla21

Bought a moustache, and made another character :

Still loving the game btw, just unlocked Rank 3. The new course is quite nice - I like the music.

Question for those who are also Rank 3 :
where is the item on the floor in the home area ? I can't find it... The first one was at your feet but this one seems hidden.
Lol! That's a great character. I want it to be Tuesday already.

When I think about it, I'm not a plus subscriber either and yet I could access the online mode. Granted I played alone on a course, and not in a party of people but this part of online play seems unrestricted.

I'll try to join a multiplayer game and see if I can access it.

Cheers! I was worried I'd be cut off from the game's new atmosphere entirely and not be able to explore and see other players. I hope you don't need Plus just to do stuff like Buggy races...

Top Bottom