• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

Allforce

omg i have amazon prime, im dumb haha. i'm just gonna order it then and get it on thursday.

edit: well it looks soldout on amazon so its not gonna get here until next week...hm.

I pre-ordered it like 3 days ago on Amazon and they say it won't be delivered until the 5th. I got on their chat and asked why they even have a "release day guarantee" and they gave me 5 bucks off lol.

So I basically got it for like 27 bucks or something.

Nydius

Screw it, went with an impulse buy. Enjoyed the beta, been a while since I've played any of the Hot Shots golf series. Added my info to spreadsheet.

Codeblew

Anywhere I can read or learn about how to do backspin properly?

normal backspin - hit down button on dpad on impact (3rd press of X)
super backspin - hit up on dpad while setting power (2nd press of X) and then hit down button impact (3rd press of X)

Do the opposite on the dpad for forward spin.

I think you have to unlock them in single player before they will work. Could be wrong on that.

Anywhere I can read or learn about how to do backspin properly?

You can hold down throughout the entire swing to get regular backspin.
If you press up before you hit the desired power and then press down during the accuracy portion you will get super backspin. This backspin will home towards the hole if you hit the pin.

To activate the backspin you must hit perfect on the accuracy portion of the swing.

Hope this helps.

normal backspin - hit down button on dpad on impact (3rd press of X)
super backspin - hit up on dpad while setting power (2nd press of X) and then hit down button impact (3rd press of X)

Do the opposite on the dpad for forward spin.

I think you have to unlock them in single player before they will work. Could be wrong on that.

You can hold down throughout the entire swing to get regular backspin.
If you press up before you hit the desired power and then press down during the accuracy portion you will get super backspin. This backspin will home towards the hole if you hit the pin.

To activate the backspin you must hit perfect on the accuracy portion of the swing.

Hope this helps.

Well snap. Thanks for all that.

Get'sMad

Y'all who already have this....break it down for a sucker like me who wont have it for a week or 2.

Loved OoB in general and the online elements....how does this compare?

Hah, on an absolute whim preordered this at 11:59. Never played a Hot Shots game ever before, but I've been craving a golf game since whenever the last Mario Golf came out.

Here's a random question: like I said, "preordered" at 11:59 and at 12 the PS Store starting going haywire and I wasn't able to download all of the preorder bonuses before that happened. Anyone know where to find them to download?

Hah, on an absolute whim preordered this at 11:59. Never played a Hot Shots game ever before, but I've been craving a golf game since whenever the last Mario Golf came out.

Here's a random question: like I said, "preordered" at 11:59 and at 12 the PS Store starting going haywire and I wasn't able to download all of the preorder bonuses before that happened. Anyone know where to find them to download?
Did you try looking at your dlc section, it should be there even if you didn't complete downloading them.

Okay, so in the beta, I was sort of mad that they removed the old camera that showed where the ball was going to land while you were aiming your shot. Turns out it was just not available in the demo and you have to unlock it
by taking a quiz.

So glad I messed around with that first. It was so damn weird not having that camera in the beta.

v1lla21

yFzP8Y4.jpg

Memles

I pre-ordered it like 3 days ago on Amazon and they say it won't be delivered until the 5th. I got on their chat and asked why they even have a "release day guarantee" and they gave me 5 bucks off lol.

So I basically got it for like 27 bucks or something.

So a version of this happened to me: I changed my shipping address from an earlier preorder, and it suddenly reverted to 4-5 day shipping. I tried complaining, had two frustrating conversations with Amazon chat, and they last told me to contact them on release day and they would expedite it.

I'd have complained for financial compensation BUT I may have preordered it during the Prime Day price errors, and it *might* have become free using $5 courtesy codes I got from canceled free Amazon Echo price errors, so I didn't really have a leg to stand on complaining about my free video game being slightly delayed. But still annoying—my first HSG experience.

ceramics

Neo Member
Okay, so in the beta, I was sort of mad that they removed the old camera that showed where the ball was going to land while you were aiming your shot. Turns out it was just not available in the demo and you have to unlock it
by taking a quiz.

So glad I messed around with that first. It was so damn weird not having that camera in the beta.

Thank you I'm doing the tutorial tournament now and I was wondering where the hell that was.

Now that the game has launched, could someone please do me a massive favor and scour the game for the song "Clap Your Hands" by Owl City?

It was the song made for and prominently featured in all of the marketing for the game and as GAF's resident OC fan, I'm dying to hear the final track.

Did you try looking at your dlc section, it should be there even if you didn't complete downloading them.

Couldn't find it in game (not sure if that is what you meant), but I did find it on the PS4 home screen and scrolled down to "add-ons" in the Playstation Store under the game. Thanks for the help!

Gotta force myself to go to sleep, but excited to try this out!

Oh awesome, Green CC is a course from the very first game.

Not so awesome...there's a second DLC course already, costs $6.50...Balata CC from HSG2.

BroBot

This reminds me of PlayStation home a bit. I can walk around and chat with people with my avatar. There's keyboard chat support as well. And on top of that I love Hot Shots Golf. I'm going to have a blast with this.

I'm not sure how it's gonna perform when more people get online but everything felt pretty smooth to me. I didn't notice any weird hiccups once you get on a course.

Couldn't find it in game (not sure if that is what you meant), but I did find it on the PS4 home screen and scrolled down to "add-ons" in the Playstation Store under the game. Thanks for the help!

Gotta force myself to go to sleep, but excited to try this out!

I meant what you eventually found out by yourself, should have explained it better, my fault. Glad you found it though.

Heel

What's the deal with Serious Mode in single player? More XP, but not seeing any noticeable difference in play.

What's the deal with Serious Mode in single player? More XP, but not seeing any noticeable difference in play.

The NPC's will score better (for example, in the lower ranks, they might actually get under par).

You'll notice them on your tail a lot more during the round.

Heel

The NPC's will score better (for example, in the lower ranks, they might actually get under par).

You'll notice them on your tail a lot more during the round.

Managed to win, but yeah the NPCs were scoring below par.

Makes the leveling to the VS. matches a lot quicker early on though, considering 300 XP in Serious Mode gets you a full level as opposed to only netting 200 XP for a regular tournament.

Top Bottom