• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

tusken77

Stargateheaven confirmed that he saw no option for Advance Swing(s) in his broadcast yesterday, nor any hint of it as an add-on unlockable after 10 hours of play. Another viewer in his stream (ncaa380) confirmed that he'd gotten official confirmation on NO Advanced Swings months ago.

Their information was convincing enough to convince me to cancel my pre-order. I've seen nothing since then to dispel that.

It's disappointing, if true, that alternate swing styles aren't somewhere in the game, but certainly not enough for me to cancel my pre-order. The game is just too much fun. It's going to be very well supported with new courses etc going forward. Hopefully the alternate swing mechanics series veterans are asking for (I'm a circle shot guy) will arrive in an update.

RodzTF

To cancel a pre-order because alternate shot styles aren't in the game is just silly. EG/Hot Shots started out way back in the 90s with just the traditional shot gauge so it just seems they've reset the playing field which I'm fine with now

kdoll08

Are those mutually exclusive options? So no 4K and 60 FPS?

I mean, if there's a title that I'd think can be optimized to achieve that, it would be this one. Ah well.

I don't have the game yet but my understanding is 1080p/60 or 2160/30 but you have have HDR on either of them.

W Hudson

It's disappointing, if true, that alternate swing styles aren't somewhere in the game, but certainly not enough for me to cancel my pre-order. The game is just too much fun. It's going to be very well supported with new courses etc going forward. Hopefully the alternate swing mechanics series veterans are asking for (I'm a circle shot guy) will arrive in an update.

Feel the same way. I only started using advanced swing because it had a distance advantage over the traditional 3 click. I'd like to have it back but as a long time Hot Shots guy the 3 click approach is just fine.

Does anyone have any course impressions so far? I always enjoyed the more challenging courses in the Hot Shots series and I'm wondering if there is anything approaching a Crown Links-level difficulty in this one.

Anyone get this weird judder on the word balloons that pop up on the npcs when you travel around the resort in 60 fps? It's not as present if you switch to 30.

I know... I know... I feel your pain greendublin; I was in denial when I first caught wind of this, but the preponderance of evidence to the contrary finally made me face reality.

Thanks for the info. It's far from a dealbreaker, I just prefer circle shots. I think my brain likes the variety in visual feedback from power vs. impact. But really I find my input accuracy depends more on rhythm than the visual representation.

Dinosur

How is there no pre-load for this game?

See you people back here at 11pm when I'm whining about the podunk psn download servers.

Chris R

Is there any way to play this as a straight up single player HSG experience or are you forced to play in a lobby and run from hole to hole?

Ostinatto

Chubbs from Happy Gilmore is streaming the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG-sdunqv-k

happy-gilmore-chubbs_anchor-700x374.jpg

kdoll08

How is there no pre-load for this game?

See you people back here at 11pm when I'm whining about the podunk psn download servers.

Preload has been up since yesterday at least. Go double check on the PSN store to see if you have the auto download option checked.

Dinosur

Mine preloaded this weekend

Preload has been up since yesterday at least. Go double check on the PSN store to see if you have the auto download option checked.

I've checked the ps store and my purchase history four times in the last couple days (up until an hour ago) and the only thing there is the countdown timer where the normal purchase/download button usually is.

There is a download link in Library -> Purchased but all it will download is the five pieces of preorder dlc.

US btw :shrug

I've checked the ps store and my purchase history four times in the last couple days (up until an hour ago) and the only thing there is the countdown timer where the normal purchase/download button usually is.

There is a download link in Library -> Purchased but all it will download is the five pieces of preorder dlc.

I'm in the US as well,try going to the store page on the web and hitting download to PS4 from there.

sphinx

the piano man
I already asked this but I I'll ask again here,

is there any confirmation as to what trophies require multiplayer, either local or online??

if anyone could point me at the list of trophies that require multiplayer of any kind, I'd be grateful,

Dinosur

I'm in the US as well,try going to the store page on the web and hitting download to PS4 from there.

Thanks. I just got it to work from the web store I think. I swear upon everything it wouldn't let me do it from the console though, I promise I'm not crazy.

Might have already downloaded. Check the information/status on the game tab

Never had a game tab for it because it was never added to the xmb game list. Maybe it's because I preordered it so long ago during that last spend $100 promo so it got confused?

It's downloading now though, so freakout adverted.

RodzTF

Might have already downloaded. Check the information/status on the game tab

Griss

I already asked this but I I'll ask again here,

is there any confirmation as to what trophies require multiplayer, either local or online??

if anyone could point me at the list of trophies that require multiplayer of any kind, I'd be grateful,

Here's the trophy list from earlier in the thread:
https://www.exophase.com/game/everybodys-golf-psn/trophies/

From the looks of it there are basically no multiplayer only trophies, and just one that relies on being online - 'Online Debut' or whatever it is, which doesn't even require you to play a round, just show up at an online course.

This is assuming that the challenge tournaments are single player events, but it's almost certain that they are.

kdoll08

Just pre-ordered the game from psn store US , i dont see an option to download the game? wtf?

Look at the timer and there should be an option to auto download although for most people it kicked in yesterday. If that does not work then go to the PSN webstore and use the link there to force a download to your PS4.

Xandremi

US here, didn't see a download from the unlock timer on PS4, I went into my library and down to the purchase tab and was able to preload from there.

Now I can sleep easy and wake up refreshed to chill with EG(I haven't slept yet) xD

Ostinatto

Look at the timer and there should be an option to auto download although for most people it kicked in yesterday. If that does not work then go to the PSN webstore and use the link there to force a download to your PS4.

US here, didn't see a download from the unlock timer on PS4, I went into my library and down to the purchase tab and was able to preload from there.

I´m an idiot, my Hard drive was full xD

To cancel a pre-order because alternate shot styles aren't in the game is just silly. EG/Hot Shots started out way back in the 90s with just the traditional shot gauge so it just seems they've reset the playing field which I'm fine with now

I'm sure it sounds silly to anyone who is content with a non real time, 3-click interface. I just know that I never got into Hot Shots Golf before the inception of Advanced Swing in HSG:OOB. I tried them all with the standard 3-click meter, and never felt compelled to play them anymore after a rental. I've already executed and completed the control action before I see the shot carried out. It seems almost like I'm watching an instant replay of my actual shot.

I have a hunch they might add Advanced Swings after getting some backlash over it. Heck, I'd even pay for it as premium DLC. I just know that it's absence is a gamebreaker for me!

Setzer

So we don't know yet how online multiplayer works yet and if you can host your own match to play with friends?

bobohoro

I tried to resist, but will probably end up pre-ordering in the next few minutes anyway. Nearly everything, from character designs, to the heighened prominence of side activities and lack of control options, turned me off the game. But it's still Everybody's Golf and I just have to see for myself if it manages to disappoint me in the end.

bosh

I tried to resist, but will probably end up pre-ordering in the next few minutes anyway. Nearly everything, from character designs, to the heighened prominence of side activities and lack of control options, turned me off the game. But it's still Everybody's Golf and I just have to see for myself if it manages to disappoint me in the end.

Reviews should be out in a few hours from what I gather. I would pre-order it so you can get the dlc course. If the reviews are bad you can always cancel it.

People tend to freakout before getting the full story. From what I have played of the game during demos it played and felt great.

Yep.

Other shot types were easy mode. The OG swing type was the only one that exposed you to all the different nuances of taking a shot.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Perfectly reasonable for somebody to back out if they preferred the advanced shot type. Taking it out is regressing, don't see why it matters that it wasnt part of "the roots" of hsg.

Yep.

Other shot types were easy mode. The OG swing type was the only one that exposed you to all the different nuances of taking a shot.

They were different visual representations of the exact same shot mechanic. Unless you're talking about playing with the Move, which was added to OOB late.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
After having been playing with the circle style shot on HSG6, I'm disappointed it'll just be the meter gauge again.

The beauty of all the shot styles is, through experimenting with each, you find the one you groove with best. Removing them does feel regressive for the sake of creating a per ieved even playing field.

moozoom

Rank 4 is hard, the water hazards in the beach are killing me ! Plus I miss those tornado holes so much.

To blow off some steam, I made a new character :

Btw, anyone knows when or how Fishing is unlocked ?

CKD5989

Anyone else have an Amazon preorder showing a Thursday, August 31st delivery date? I don't want to complain since I got my order during Amazon Day's price error fiasco but was looking forward to hitting the links tomorrow night.

sn00zer

Oh maaaaaan where the hell are the reviews. I feel like this game is what ive wanted forever from Hot Shots, but I can't imagine it has a ton of courses.....something has to be missing.

Top Bottom