• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evil Within (PC) patched to give options to remove letterboxing, allow 60 FPS.

Did this get another patch? My performance is slightly better than it was before. Even though 30 fps isn't optimal, at least I can play at max resolution and with the letterboxing disabled :)

finley83

Banned
FYI if you have (or can get hold of) a copy of the 1.0 exe you can just drag that over the patched one and Widescreen Fixer will work fine again. You may have to tick the 'enable fix' box though. Thanks to some guy on the Steam forums for figuring that one out.

Eh, I never noticed an upgrade, although admittedly I wasn't concerned with that when playing the post patch version.

As for people like me having problems getting the FOV fix with Flawless Widescreen to work, I just confirmed that all you need is the .exe file that the game ran from before the patch. Just place it where the post patch .exe is and replace the file with the old one. Obviously backup the patched .exe, but you can just rebuild your cache with Steam if you want to restore that. I might recommend offline mode too, so the game doesn't automatically patch again.

Edit: Wut, interesting timing, ha. Yes, I can confirm that works.

Decado

Played the first chapter (demo) and it ran at about 30-45 fps at 1080p, letterboxing off and all high quality settings on (I don't see texture options) with smaa.

Gtx 670 2gb
i5-3570
8gb ram

Was expecting worse given the feedback.

kevin1025

Banned
Played the first chapter (demo) and it ran at about 30-45 fps at 1080p, letterboxing off and all high quality settings on (I don't see texture options) with smaa.

Gtx 670 2gb
i5-3570
8gb ram

We have the same setup, so this is very good news. Looking forward to the winter sale now! And playing the demo tonight, to celebrate the day.

Sounds much improved. Is it still impossible to consistently hit 60fps though? Be interested to know if 60 fps is feasible or I should just lock to 30

Don't lock it.

I just played the demo. I have an i7 gtx 680 with plenty of ram, and though it only hits 60fps in areas without much detail, it seems to be above 30 in even chapter 3's outdoor village area.

Locking it at 30 felt really slow in comparison.

Mohonky

Gtx 670 2gb
i5-3570
8gb ram

Same video card with i7 4770k and 16gb ram. I was pretty much always around 40+ frames, never would hit 60 or anything but its perfectly fine on that video card with the same settings, every thing on highest, 1080p with smaa.

JRW

Hm, maybe I'm wrong... I checked dxdiag, where do I check my 'real' VRAM?
iAnqvjwwtfEl1.png

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2418/techpowerup-gpu-z-v0-8-0/ this small tool will show actual VRAM.

Rip

Sadly, since the patch I can't play a new game on nightmare. I just crash over and over nonstop in chapter 2. :(

Wish I could uninstall the patch, ran through the whole game and maybe crashed once from beginning to end.

Top Bottom