• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EXCITEBIKE WORLD RALLY

HUELEN10

Night_Trekker said:
Nintendo would clean up if they would re-tool and re-release the BS exclusive games on WiiWare. They'd get a ton of my money, at least.
Holy shit, I love the way you think! Imagine a WiiWare remake of Zelda BS...
2a4yanl.jpg

bluehat9

Cool.

Even the two people brought back memories of those VHS tapes Nintendo sent out for games like Diddy Kong Racing and Starfox. High quality acting.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Night_Trekker said:
Nintendo would clean up if they would re-tool and re-release the BS exclusive games on WiiWare. They'd get a ton of my money, at least.

Wouldn't it make more sense that they make an appearance under the import section of the Virtual Console?

beje

Banned
The only thing I fear is that, coming from Nintendo, it has like 90% chance of being twice the sensible price everyone would expect for a game like this.

I don't see the excitement outside of reviving a 20 year old series. The gameplay looks exactly the same. Where's the variety? Is it just racing people over hills over and over again? Some trailer. I'd be hard-pressed to buy this for ever $5.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
permutated said:
I guess I was the only one expecting more?

It looks cool, but I mean...you guys are kind of blowing it out of proportion here.
NeoGaf blowing stuff out of proportion? Surely you jest.

Regulus Tera said:
Wouldn't it make more sense that they make an appearance under the import section of the Virtual Console?

Doh! That's what I meant to say. I would love WiiWare remakes too, though.

It would never happen, I hate to admit. It wouldn't be as easy as throwing up a few ROMs for purchase. Some of those games would need significant reworking to be playable.

faridmon

the women is hot, whats wrong with you guys?

about the game, i can't say am excited, i never understood how excitebikes worked :(

[Nintex] said:
I wonder if they called it World Rally just to mock us Europeans who didn't get the full excite series.
You say that like the whole world got the whole excite series. Japan seems unlikely to get Excitebots and wasn't Vs. Excitebike arcade only outside of Japan? Then there is BS Mario Excitebike (or whatever it was called).

I really shouldn't put so much thought into this

Night_Trekker said:
If Nintendo released BS Zelda 1, I would flip out.
If Nintendo released BS Zelda 1 and did a BS contest like back in the old days, I would double flip out.
The same also applies to Zelda Ancient Stone Tablets, only if they include the CD music. However, I'd prefer BS Zelda 1.

Also, Wrecking Crew - Yes please. That game had some funky music.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I don't like the Nintendo Weekly show. I also don't like Pulse. I also don't like Inside Xbox / Major's Minute. Personally the Nintendo one seems to be the worst, made worse by the fact that it's lower resolution video, it's streaming only, and it's less convenient to watch than the PS3/X360 video content.

GameTrailers Video reviews (even if you disagree with their editorial content), GT's Retrospectives and GiantBomb's video content are pretty much the only examples of Games-related video content that I don't dislike.

Nicktals

Banned
whitehawk said:
What the hell. It's like the exact same game. Besides updated graphics and new camera angles it's identical :lol

Real time track-changes...wi-fi...assumably the ability to at least save your custom tracks, if not share them....

But yeah, it is very similar, apparently, when it comes to gameplay, outside of the track deformation.

Ranger X

..pakbeka.. said:
star fox 64 2 next please

using nintendo 64-like graphics

Wut? Your standards are so low. I demand 60fps prime Wii quality.

I could also use a Starfox remake at 60fps Gamecube quality. Still better to have Wii quality.

OR, it might be nice to have a completely new Starfox in ultra old school SNES graphics but 60fps.

Ranger X said:
Wut? Your standards are so low. I demand 60fps prime Wii quality.

I could also use a Starfox remake at 60fps Gamecube quality. Still better to have Wii quality.

OR, it might be nice to have a completely new Starfox in ultra old school SNES graphics but 60fps.

but with n64 graphics they could just put it up on wiiware and make it as long as the original without worrying about the size limit

Tobor

I hate, hate, hate Nintendo's policy of tying games to the machine instead of an account.

But it's Excitebike. Day 1.

gogojira

So excite!

Hopefully good sales will encourage Nintendo to give other classic franchises the WiiWare treatment. If they're not going to deliver it in disc form, I'd love to see a side-scrolling Kid Icarus come via WiiWare.

Please?

Anyways...

Do want, will buy.

ITA84

Why would you do that? said:
If Nintendo released BS Zelda 1, I would flip out.
If Nintendo released BS Zelda 1 and did a BS contest like back in the old days, I would double flip out.
The same also applies to Zelda Ancient Stone Tablets, only if they include the CD music. However, I'd prefer BS Zelda 1.

Also, Wrecking Crew - Yes please. That game had some funky music.

And don't forget Marvelous BS as well! I'd get a Wii just for a translated version of the game.

Being WiiWare means it'll be cheap, so it should be fine even though it's the same game with online.

Top Bottom