• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die (999 Staff, Vita/3DS) Site Opens w/ Trailer

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
devastatorprime said:
Done, sorry about that. I got a bit too excited when I saw all the awesome art.

No worries :D Though might want to spoiler tag the link too ;D

And yes, DAT ART <3 Especially you know who ;)

Also, the voices :D! <3

Ah snap. Thanks for the heads up guys, appreciate it. Still trying to find my feet here.

In any case, if anyone finds stuff they want translated, let me know. Some articles just reiterate the same info over and over again, so it's easy to miss stuff.

Still, everything I see for this gets me super hyped. DAT art. <3

Akselziys said:
No worries :D Though might want to spoiler tag the link too ;D

And yes, DAT ART <3 Especially you know who ;)

Also, the voices :D! <3
Fixed that as well. Im so conflicted right now. I totally want to use the pic as my avatar but I'm not sure if its cool or not. The last thing I want is to spoil something for anyone.

devastatorprime said:
Fixed that as well. Im so conflicted right now. I totally want to use the pic as my avatar but I'm not sure if its cool or not. The last thing I want is to spoil something for anyone.

I think it's probably more than enough to qualify as a relatively big spoiler. Just to air on the safe side. =p

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
devastatorprime said:

It might be okay?

Just cuz Alice doesn't wear those clothes as you see her in 999 XD

Also, her eyes are always closed in 999 :)

But it's up to your discretion :)

RyougaSaotome said:
I think it's probably more than enough to qualify as a relatively big spoiler. Just to air on the safe side. =p

Akselziys said:
It might be okay?

Just cuz Alice doesn't wear those clothes as you see her in 999 XD

Also, her eyes are always closed in 999 :)

But it's up to your discretion :)
What do you guys think?

If we werent 999 nuts do you think it would be easy enough to guess who that character was?
If its not too spoilerific then I'll use it as my avatar in a few weeks. Maybe I'll even add a santa hat on it for the holidays too make it a bit less obvious.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
devastatorprime said:
What do you guys think?

If we werent 999 nuts do you think it would be easy enough to guess who that character was?
If its not too spoilerific then I'll use it as my avatar in a few weeks. Maybe I'll even add a santa hat on it for the holidays too make it a bit less obvious.

Personally I think it's fine
she's wearing lipstick and the such, so it's not as obvious where she's from unless you have a good deductive eye :)

Monocle

Fuck yes! I bought 999 on GAF's recommendation and it turned out to be one of the best games I've ever played. I didn't expect a sequel so soon. The 3D models underwhelm me and I don't know when I'll get a Vita or 3DS, but this news is still hypeworthy.

Also, I'm surprised and excited to see that certain cast member in this game.

Akselziys said:
Personally I think it's fine
she's wearing lipstick and the such, so it's not as obvious where she's from unless you have a good deductive eye :)
Your word is more than enough for me. Avatar change shall come in a few weeks. Gotta bring the hype since we have a release date now. Heres hoping we get a steady flow of info and trailers in the coming months.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
devastatorprime said:
Your word is more than enough for me. Avatar change shall come in a few weeks. Gotta bring the hype since we have a release date now. Heres hoping we get a steady flow of info and trailers in the coming months.

Personally I think Luna's picture would be slightly more telling XD

Or should I say "Juna" XD (I dunno if it's her, just making an educated guess :))

Though Clover would be the most obvious ;)

Akselziys, every time you bump this thread I'm expecting an announcement.

Y'all better post it here first when you make it official. :D

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Gunloc said:
Akselziys, every time you bump this thread I'm expecting an announcement.

Y'all better post it here first when you make it official. :D

I'm surprised you're not gushing over the art and voices too :3

Check out the site if you haven't!

Also, I just hope some nice publisher localizes this >.< I need to play it in English!

eXistor

Not liking the artstyle at all.999 was anime, but it was believable, this looks to be..I dunno...chibified or something. Also, adding animations is perhaps logical to do, but I don't think it'll help the game and it kind of goes against the interactive novel idea of the original.

But if it's more 999 then of course I'm in.

Erigu

Akselziys said:
Qualk is pretty sweet looking haha
They got the name right in the left menu, too... ^^;

dragonlife said:
Why doesn't Sigma have a voice sample aaaaargh.
Mute protagonist...
Seems a bit odd for them to go with that, here, but hey...

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Some translations of the website's character bios, most of which we already know from the Famitsu bios :) Courtesy of Apathy_Irath:

[Sigma]

He doesn’t have a genius-level IQ, or extraordinary physical strength. The gods haven’t taken note of him, and he doesn’t have special genes residing deep in his cells. He’s just an ordinary, run-of-the-mill university student. Was his being kidnapped and brought to this facility simply a trick of fate? Or does it have a hidden meaning…?

[Phi]

(More importantly, look at this. What do you think?)

A cool, knowledgeable girl with a brusque way of speaking. There’s a sharp side to her, and she immediately understands the setup of the game she was thrown into, but as she also displays a peculiar spaciness and a tendency towards old people’s puns, it’s difficult to tell whether it’s natural or faked.

[Dio]

An eccentric man who dresses according to his personal taste. Conducting himself in a coarse, insensitive way, he always follows his own path, and people around him are caught up in his self-righteous behaviour the whole time. He is a troublemaker, the so-called black sheep. Even so, it might have been the case that he saw an abandoned kitten in the rain and picked it up.

[Tenmyoji]

(You were all swept away here too, weren’t you?)

A hard-headed, obstinate old man. Snappily aggressive, he behaves in a distrustful way towards everyone in the group. In the past, he was a trialist at an experimental simulation facility aiming to send a manned probe to Mars. He stopped by there one day only to be greeted with a mass murder. He was one of the few survivors of that incident.

[Quark]

(Look, there’s something written on the door)

An innocent, mischievous 10 year old boy. He calls Tenmyouji ‘grampa’ and seems attached to him, but from the colour of their hair and eyes, it doesn’t look like they’re related. Contrary to expectations that his self-assured personality stems from his inexperience, he somehow has a high level of knowledge on hand for a 10 year old.

[Luna]

A woman in her early 20s with a sweet, neatly-dressed appearance. A mild-mannered pacifist, she has a doctor’s license. The sort of person who hates conflict and starts crying if there’s a dispute, she has a pure heart. By the way, the thing hanging around her neck is the symbol for ‘happiness’, a bluebird.

[Yotsuba/Clover]

(Where… is this?)

A free-spirited girl with fiendish cunning. She has been trapped in an enclosed space, in a similar situation to this one, before- two times, even. Even so, it looks like those two situations have no relation to this one at all. Is the reason she’s here simply due to bad luck? Or is it something else…?

[Alice]

(Hey, more importantly… where on earth is this place?)

A woman shrouded in an exotic, eccentric, and erotic atmosphere. Her job is to eliminate the enemies of her country. She’s chasing a terrorist organization to take revenge for her father. There’s a rumour that all the water in her body is ICE-9, a special sort of water.

[K]

(Just who am I, I wonder…?)

A mysterious man whose true appearance is unclear. As his body is covered by a metal mask and body suit, there’s no way of knowing his true face. Due to his suffering from amnesia, his name and age are also unknown. He’s calmly stated that ‘when he came to, he had already been installed in the body suit’. There’s no way of knowing whether it’s true or not.

[Zero 3]

(My name is ‘Zero 3’, the king of this country)

Acts as observer and facilitator of the game. An AI recreated from a quantum computer, it doesn’t have a true form, but appears rendered on a computer monitor as a rabbit character. It surveys the members’ movements in detail, and hands out a penalty immediately if someone violates the rules. That is the mission it has been given.

Thoraxes

Chiaki Omigawa is playing that type of character? It fits her so perfectly it's ridiculous. I can't wait to her her yelling angrily in this game, something she does best.

And all those bios. Fuuuuuu- the wait is so long.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
devastatorprime said:
Oh god the official site put up something I was hoping for. Interview with Kinu Nishimura talking about the characters and lots of concept art <3 First up is Sigma.

http://zendesu.chunsoft.jp/weekly/index.html

We need translations asap

Yeah, the Sigma concept art is pretty sweet :3

Also, scans of the GPD characters from Famitsu ~2 weeks ago have appeared, if you know where to look ;)

I've come to terms that it won't be sprites this time, but seeing Kinu's fantastic artwork and knowing that it won't look exactly like that in-game is depressing.

Still hella hyped though.

9BR

Neo Member
HYPE HYPE HYPE.
Ugh. I can't wait until February, and if it gets localized then I'll probably have to wait longer. :(

Javier

The premise of this game is essentially a variant of "The Prisoner's Dilemma" that I was taught about in college in economics class. Basically it goes like this:

Two prisoners are being questioned by cops, and they can choose to confess or stay quiet. They both worked together on committing a crime and they have to make a choice without knowing of the other's decision.

- If both choose to confess, they both get three years in prison for their crime.
- If both choose to stay quiet, the cops can't prove they did the crime, but they still get one year for other violations.
- If one confesses and the other stays quiet, the former goes free on probation for cooperating, while the latter has to serve five years for the crime in addition to perjury.

This makes me wonder how is this game going to be with choices. 999 had several choices to make but I always felt there was room to include a few more endings. One particular choice in 999
had you pick Door #2 as the final door, and that choice locked you into the same bad ending no matter what you picked earlier. That was kind of a disappointment.

I really hope this game lets you have a different experience on every playthrough for a while, even after getting the best possible ending. As much as I love 999, there's not much to do with it once you get all five endings (or six, depe nding on how you see it).

frequency

Aksys is teasing the reveal of an unannounced game in the latest Nintendo Power, FWIW...

Oh! Please be this! 999 is my "game of the generation".

Oh god not being able to play this because my fucking PAL 3DS is region lock is going to be the WORST THING EVER.

If this is it, maybe they'll do the Vita version too? If it's the same game on both platforms.
Though I assume they would wait to see how the Vita does in the west first. Lots of negativity towards the Vita these days.

Alrus

Oh god not being able to play this because my fucking PAL 3DS is region lock is going to be the WORST THING EVER.

Who knows, by the time this comes out somebody will have figured out how to remove region locking from the thing.
Fat chance, I know :'(

GSR

I'm personally keeping my expectations of localization talk in check until a few months after the game's out in Japan.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Some 3DS/Vita comparison shots are out. http://jin115.com/archives/51829675.html

3DS
26d915cc-s.jpg

Vita
8fb1ebe9-s.jpg

3DS
b00030d6-s.jpg

Vita
258fa017-s.jpg

Top Bottom