• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die (999 Staff, Vita/3DS) Site Opens w/ Trailer

The M.O.B

That doesn't make sense for the 3ds 3d models to be blurry like that, are they using fmv's or fully rendered cutscenes? If it's rendered then shouldn't it be more jagged?

And black bars on 3DS ver? wtf

GSR

3DS shots are obviously scaled, but still, mmmmm that Vita resolution. If I wind up getting a Vita some day I may have to go with that over the 3DS version.

Also, I see there's a "flow" button in the menu. A way to keep track of your decisions, I'm guessing - that could be useful.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
I believe these are normal resolution 3DS screens, for comparison's sake :)

NSVny.jpg

cUYNU.jpg

JzU1J.jpg

xWwdi.jpg

TMAQ3.jpg

sWShU.jpg

xXqN6.jpg

Uz3zq.jpg

It looks like the black bars are present in Quark's screenshot. Perhaps they appear for animated scenes?

But the blurry 3d version is in 3D!
Unless the 3d stylus controls somehow feel better and it comes out in PAL land I see myself getting the VITA version. The higher resolution and bigger screen makes it nice. Cant wait though!

yeah, while both seem to share the same assets and the 3DS will be in 3D, the larger screen and clarity means I'm going with the Vita version.

Although, it's a shame that this game probably won't not use the dual screen in a unique way. In general the two screens on the DS were a waste, but 999 was one of the few games to use them in a really cool way.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
3DS screens will likely look fine at native res. I just want more interesting puzzles from this beyond what 999 did!

Alrus

Will purchase the Vita version when I get one, considering the 3DS version is probably never coming to Europe :( I really don't give a damn about slightly worse graphics in a VN...

Hylian7

So they look pretty much the same, just the Vita one is running at a higher resoultion (duh), and the 3DS one has 3D. Really curious to see the 3D on this one though.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I feel the need to get the 3DS version because for some reason I feel like visual novels were made for two-screened devices. Maybe it's just because that's the only way I've ever played them. Plus 3D will be nice, but at the same time I would to see it on Vita's screen.

Decisions...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Well its the total opposite.Getting the vita vrrsion because the image looks cleaner.
Those 3DS images are obviously scaled. I wouldn't necessarily assume those are representative of what it'll look like. Vita will look sharper simply due to the higher res, obviously.

Those 3DS images are obviously scaled. I wouldn't necessarily assume those are representative of what it'll look like. Vita will look sharper simply due to the higher res, obviously.

in a game like this i don't think i'll need the 2nd screen too much , and besides i'm sold already on 2 things ..
-The vita screen quality
-the vita being region free for games ..
I can only import on VITA

The 3ds version will probably look better in motion but the fact that the vita version exists means that we won't get anything that will use the 3ds screen potential .

French

Banned
Wow the 3DS version looks terrible compared to the Vita's one ( which will look even better on its 5" OLED screen ).

Not surprising though.

So Vita is higher resolution, crisper images But collapsible menu because of lack of two screens?

3DS is two screens, one with menu and one with game, and 3D (I assume that it will have something, if only depth of field, right?) But with a lower resolution, less crisp image?

Probably Vita for me, as I don't really care for the 3D effects generally. Collapsible Menu issue is probably an inconvenience, but hopefully nothing too bad.

Is this a definite localization title? I know 999 has a cult following, but I don't know if it actually sold well.

So Vita is higher resolution, crisper images But collapsible menu because of lack of two screens?

3DS is two screens, one with menu and one with game, and 3D (I assume that it will have something, if only depth of field, right?) But with a lower resolution, less crisp image?

Probably Vita for me, as I don't really care for the 3D effects generally. Collapsible Menu issue is probably an inconvenience, but hopefully nothing too bad.

Is this a definite localization title? I know 999 has a cult following, but I don't know if it actually sold well.

IIRC 999 sold far better than they expected it to.

wsippel

Banned
Wow the 3DS version looks terrible compared to the Vita's one ( which will look even better on its 5" OLED screen ).

Not surprising though.
Oh look, it's French!

Yeah, except they look identical - same models, same textures, same lighting model. Only difference is the resolution, obviously.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Looks like I'm getting the Vita version.

It's kinda sad how there will be quite a lot of 3DS releases within the next 6 months, but there's no telling how many of them will non-Japanese be able to play any time soon, if ever (especially Europeans)? Games like Beyond the Labyrinth, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 3, Inazuma Eleven Go, Monster Hunter 3G, Rhythm Kaitou R and Extreme Escape Adventure. Tri-Ace's games haven't always made it to Europe and prequels to Rocket Slime & Extreme Escape Adventure never did. Inazuma Eleven 1 did, but I'm not sure if Nintendo will bring any more of them to Europe.
Rhythm Kaitou R had it's western release confirmed almost immediately after the Japanese announcement. Western title is Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure, releasing Q1 2012.

Retail leaks also basically confirmed Nintendo's publishing Inazuma Eleven 2 for Europe in early 2012.

Takao

Banned
Rhythm Kaitou R had it's western release confirmed almost immediately after the Japanese announcement. Western title is Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure, releasing Q1 2012.

Retail leaks also basically confirmed Nintendo's publishing Inazuma Eleven 2 for Europe in early 2012.

What does Inazuma Eleven 2 have to do with Inazuma Eleven Go, the fourth entry in the series?

I think it'd be cool if both versions had different puzzles that took advantage of each platform's specific differences. I don't see that happening, but it'd be pretty awesome if it did.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Love the notsosubtle Vita vs 3DS war going on in here. :-]

Oh you guys.

Throw in system specific puzzles and I'll buy both. Also, each with an exclusive ending.

Alrus

What does Inazuma Eleven 2 have to do with Inazuma Eleven Go, the fourth entry in the series?

What's so hard to get? We'll get Inazuma Eleven Go in about 2 years, just like we'll get Layton 5 a year from now.

Or they'll just skip IE3 and go directly to 4.

Phenomic

So do we have any solid information yet if the game is any different if you buy in on a Vita or a 3DS? I mean I assume it's going to be the same product ... just one with popping images?

Takao

Banned
What's so hard to get? We'll get Inazuma Eleven Go in about 2 years, just like we'll get Layton 5 a year from now.

Or they'll just skip IE3 and go directly to 4.

What I was getting at is the fact a prequel getting localized is never a good judge for whether or not a sequel will get localized.

matmanx1

Whichever version comes out in English on a system I own (have a 3DS, will have a Vita in Feb) will be the version I get. If a miracle happens and both systems end up getting an English release then I'd go Vita just based on the IQ alone.

(P.S. Please bring this to the USA!)

Top Bottom