• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F3AR revealed.Yes, it's named F3AR, so original.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
dyergram said:
Fear 2 was ok bring back the 'god penis' shotgun please.
Please. The shotgun in FEAR 1 was the most badass shotgun ever, way more awesome than the one in GeOW.

Mar

godhandiscen said:
Please. The shotgun in FEAR 1 was the most badass shotgun ever, way more awesome than the one in GeOW.

I don't remember the shotgun in FEAR 1. but surely it wasn't as awesome as the DOOM 2 double barrel. Nothing is.

Fear is a rare series whose art design has gotten consistently worse every iteration.

Acosta said:
For god's shake...

Pass, I refuse to give more money to Monolith until they put a rest to the scary stuff and come back to the good stuff. Less Alma and more:

e96bgw.jpg
Fox owns the rights to Cate and NOLF, so...

Mar said:
I don't remember the shotgun in FEAR 1. but surely it wasn't as awesome as the DOOM 2 double barrel. Nothing is.

Have you played Undying and Metro 2033?

Both give the DOOM2 shotgun a run for its money. I personally like them more because you have the choice of firing each barrel individually or both at once.

Daigoro

well at least they know how to get attention. this topic wouldnt be 1/2 as popular if it wasnt for the dumbfuck title of the game.

Carlisle

What other games could we do this with?

RE5IDENT EVIL
DEVIL M4Y CRY
METAL GE4R SOLID
GRAN TURI5MO
G3ARS OF WAR

Boy did these guys miss the new trend train. Missed opportunity total.

thesmash

Neo Member
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this is completely stupid.

Looking at the list on Giant Bomb it makes me wonder how many films have done this.

Rikyfree

Carlisle said:
What other games could we do this with?

RE5IDENT EVIL
DEVIL M4Y CRY
METAL GE4R SOLID
GRAN TURI5MO
G3ARS OF WAR

Boy did these guys miss the new trend train. Missed opportunity total.
Don't forget KILLZON3 or UNCHART3D and H4LO or God of W4R

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
i read it as fuh-three-arrrrrr. the numbers as letters never work for me. like thie-four-aff. it doesn't make sense to me.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, do you just say it as "Fear" like it's the first game or are you supposed to say "fThreeAr".
Great title.

Xater said:
Both were competent shooters. Nothing more, nothing less.

Older Monolith titles were more interesting but sadly not successful :(

F.E.A.R. was the first shooter that featured genuinely hostile and capable A.I. opposition. At times, I felt genuinely hunted and besieged, and not by overwhelming firepower like in every other shooter. The slow mo gave you an edge, but that edge felt necessary. It may have been all smoke and mirrors, but then it was damned well designed. It was definitely something special.

This is also what made KZ2 stand apart from the typical war shooter, so I guess I wish more developers focused on this.

godhandiscen said:

Made SO awesome by the whole slow mo thing. Activating slow mo, firing off a shot and lopping off a dudes head, and then the pump action sound in slow motion, oh my.

You know, I'd pay good money to play a straight up Rainbow Six style game by Monolith. I don't mind the horror stuff, but isolating the gunplay and setting it up with hostage situations and tight room clearing would probably make for the best game of all time.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I really don't know why the name is a particularly big deal. Like every Monolith game, FEAR has always had this goofy, tongue-in-cheek self-awareness and they just seem to be running with it. They KNOW the name and the entire premise is totally cornball and derivative. I mean, FEAR2 ended with a huge gunfight set to the theme song for a fictional movie called SNAKE FIST. Really. :lol

The original Fear is one of my all time favourites. The expansion packs were meh and the sequel was mostly boring.

Will see... im excited! :D

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, I liked the FEAR games so I'll probably buy it, silly title & all.

Now everyone is joking about FEAR 5, but has anyone thought of what the next game in the series would be titled?

FE4R

I'll get my coat.

TTG

Mar said:
This is possibly the worst idea you could ever have. You seriously want Monolith to leave its niche and try and compete with the one billion 'normal' shooters out there? Compete with MOH, COD, MW, BF and Halo? They'd get destroyed. Their one angle into relevancy is keeping to what they do well, which is horror. And they do it very very well.

They already are. You don't get to hide behind the scary stuff as a FPS coming out xmas time(as I think Fear 2 did) or any time for that matter. If they really wanted to carve out their own style they would go the route of Bioshock or Far Cry 2.

Hey, don't shove us in the same category as Killzone and COD! It's 95% pure shooter, but then Alma jumps out of a closet and tries to kiss you... that's totally different! We're a whole other brand of FPS.

I don't want any more compromises of style over substance because substance is the one thing they deliver on that's up to par with the best shooters out there. THAT'S why they're relevant, even if FEAR 2 was a stumble. But then again, FPS sales and popularity are now only based on multiplayer campaigns anyway, so we're both wrong.

Yasae

Banned
miladesn said:
I think it was FEAR3 on the cover of PC powerplay.
PCPP_177_PreRelease_thumb2.jpg

thread
The P's and Y's on the same page made me think:

"PCPussyPussy
Australia's Pussy
Metrosexual 2033
MOBA: Master of Boning Assholes
Asus 3D Pussy"

And the barcode looked like one too. What's with this dirty rag?

Troidal

The second game was not as great as the first, it was decent but also forgettable. It left me with a bad aftertaste especially with the ending. If it's just more of FEAR2, then I'm not really looking forward to this.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
On the actual games. FEAR was good, and i found FEAR2 to be fairly enjoyable, but i think they both turned into run 'n' guns about half way through.
First half, scary shit, second half. Just shooting shitloads of guys.

I fear (lol) the third will suffer from the same problem.
I want to be shitting myself all the way through dammit!

EDIT: Oh yeah and the ending to the 2nd was just plain ridiculous :/

Acosta

Metal Gear?! said:
Fox owns the rights to Cate and NOLF, so...

Everyone knows that. But nobody stops them to create a spiritual sequel or something in that tone. Not having System Shock rights didn't stop Irrational to create Bioshock.

awesome, can't wait. fear2 rocks

Acosta said:
Everyone knows that. But nobody stops them to create a spiritual sequel or something in that tone. Not having System Shock rights didn't stop Irrational to create Bioshock.
but the character is all that makes nolf special. fucking hell

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't care about the game, just be as good as the original and I'll be there.

Acosta said:
For god's shake...

Pass, I refuse to give more money to Monolith until they put a rest to the scary stuff and come back to the good stuff. Less Alma and more:

http://i41.tinypic.com/e96bgw.jpg

I'd prefer it if they went back to Blood, now there was an awesome game.

Danne-Danger said:
DOOM single-barreled shotgun > DOOM double-barreled shotgun

Let’s fight.

No, that shit doesn't fly. The DB definitely is more awesome.

jns

Couldn't care less about the names spelling and I enjoyed the second so this is great, but unsurprising, news for me :)

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
This is great news. Really, really enjoyed F.E.A.R 2 ^_^

smh @ people making a big deal about a fucking number.

Now... where is Condemned 3 which is more like 1 than 2? Pleeeease?

Top Bottom