• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Facebook election meltdowns and tasty, salty tears |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's an update.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITsro00JXrQ

she now takes it back but has apparently lost her job and is facing threats.

slurs and threats aren't funny, but this story sorta is. she is obviously an idiot who doesnt appear to have thought through what she said. i dont mean to imply the secret service should take this seriously, but having several news stories on her seems excessive.

i did like that the follow up video ended by letting us know that the naacp and coldstone creamery will be talking about this further.

teiresias

Obama is basically a center right President a la Clinton, but watching all these reactions to his re-election leaves me flabbergasted. Was it this bad with the last two term Democratic, Clinton?

I know Fox News wasn't around, but the radio shows were and they weren't fan of Clinton. The reactions and bitter tears just seem crazier this time around.

I can understand criticizing the man of his policies--civil liberties, aggressive justice department, drones, etc. But this is usually not the subject of the stuff we see online and in news media. It's usually irrational and hate filled.

At a fundamental level, Republicans simply don't believe a Democrat can win an election if it's "fair." Therefore, they view any Democratic elected official (though it's definitely a strongest belief regarding the Presidency) as fundamentally illegitimate. It's been that way at least since Clinton.

jaxword

At a fundamental level, Republicans simply don't believe a Democrat can win an election if it's "fair." Therefore, they view any Democratic elected official (though it's definitely a strongest belief regarding the Presidency) as fundamentally illegitimate. It's been that way at least since Clinton.

Someone should dig up quotes from Obama 2008 and compare if their claims of a "stolen" election are the same.

HylianTom

Banned
Okay.. I posted this in the regular PoliGAF thread, but figured some folks here would appreciate it as well.

Washington Journal has had some really fun call-in folks over the past week. I think my favorite thus far has been this past Sunday's episode.

http://www.c-span.org/Events/Washington-Journal-for-Sunday-November-11/10737435761/

Bill Press did a really fun segment, and was then followed by another good segment with Michael Steele.

These episodes are at least three hours long apiece, so they make for good wind-down/bedtime viewing material.. either that, or great for listening in the background at work.

image.php

This story may be worth its own thread. You read things like that and you think . . . wow. WTF is wrong with these people?!?

codhand

This is the most aggressively bitter "Why I was wrong" piece I've seen yet:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012...ediction-about-mitt-romney-and-2012-election/

Lastly, my prediction was based on SCIENCE -- The University of Colorado's predictive model had never failed. It worked to perfection in the presidential elections of 1980, 1984, 1988, 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004, and 2008. It predicted a Romney landslide in 2012 based on scientific facts and historical precedent.

Wow, of course he would site this particular study as evidence, this study was so full of shit, as we discussed over in Poligaf when it was released. Selective reasoning to the max.

coldfoot

Banned
Hi GAF,

You know there's an amateur endurance racing series called "24 hours of lemons" where people race $500 beaters for 24 hours. Car & Driver magazine provides good coverage for it.
One of its features is that the punishments for various racing offenses are decided by a group of judges and are different based on each event, with themes matching the location of the races.
Now let's see what they did for their Houston race this year:

16-UN-Penalty-at-24-Hours-of-LeMons-Gator-O-Rama-626x426.jpg

18-UN-Penalty-at-24-Hours-of-LeMons-Gator-O-Rama-626x426.jpg

Yup, that's a UN "mobile prison" that they place teams that violate too many rules, along with UN occupation force tax form 666.

Also note some punishment examples from previous years in Texas:

01-UN-Penalty-at-24-Hours-of-LeMons-Gator-O-Rama-626x426.jpg

Hi GAF,

You know there's an amateur endurance racing series called "24 hours of lemons" where people race $500 beaters for 24 hours. Car & Driver magazine provides good coverage for it.
One of its features is that the punishments for various racing offenses are decided by a group of judges and are different based on each event, with themes matching the location of the races.
Now let's see what they did for their Houston race this year:

16-UN-Penalty-at-24-Hours-of-LeMons-Gator-O-Rama-626x426.jpg

18-UN-Penalty-at-24-Hours-of-LeMons-Gator-O-Rama-626x426.jpg

Yup, that's a UN "mobile prison" that they place teams that violate too many rules, along with UN occupation force tax form 666.

Also note some punishment examples from previous years in Texas:

01-UN-Penalty-at-24-Hours-of-LeMons-Gator-O-Rama-626x426.jpg

I fucking love the LeMons guys. It's not only a fun little event but the penalties they always come up with are the best.

3rdman

Obama is basically a center right President a la Clinton, but watching all these reactions to his re-election leaves me flabbergasted. Was it this bad with the last two term Democratic, Clinton?

I know Fox News wasn't around, but the radio shows were and they weren't fan of Clinton. The reactions and bitter tears just seem crazier this time around.

I can understand criticizing the man of his policies--civil liberties, aggressive justice department, drones, etc. But this is usually not the subject of the stuff we see online and in news media. It's usually irrational and hate filled.

As one of the older set (42 years old), Clinton's presidency is still very clear in my mind and let me tell you, it was truly just as bad and sometimes worse.

Both Bill and Hillary were called murderers (Foster) and Hillary (who was seen as an asset by the Dem base) was vilified and marginalized before, during, and after their run at health care reform. Bill was called "The Mad Bomber" for attacking Libya in a cheap attempt at "changing the dialogue" away from the Lewenski scandal. The attack on the Cole, WTC, Waco, Elian, etc were ALL used as chips against him even when there was consensus about how he handled it.

We all know about Bill's penis but the way in which the Reps attacked him for it was vile...Committees were set up, millions of tax payer money was spent, special investigations, etc...all of this was done in an attempt to smear his entire legacy which in turn forced him into hiding during Gore's run at the presidency. Truly vile stuff...Rush was in his prime and ascending in popularity and (along with Newt and Co.) made the Clinton administration a referendum on "Family Values". I even remember Rush attacking their daughter and calling her some truly awful things.

Fast forward to today and with 20/20 hindsight, I see many similarities to today. The Reps know that Obama will leave office with a strong economy and a high approval rating. Their best chance to win has already come and gone by stagnating the economy...their next best option is to plunge the entire administration into scandal (real or imagined).

#Benghazi

Debt isn't caused by immigrants. It's caused by rich people not paying their fair share of anything our society gives then but reaping all the benefits.

Well, that and throwing just as much cash at the military industry and calling it "defense." Which helps accumulate wealth at the top too, but you know what I mean.

RDreamer

As one of the older set (42 years old), Clinton's presidency is still very clear in my mind and let me tell you, it was truly just as bad and sometimes worse.

Both Bill and Hillary were called murderers (Foster) and Hillary (who was seen as an asset by the Dem base) was vilified and marginalized before, during, and after their run at health care reform. Bill was called "The Mad Bomber" for attacking Libya in a cheap attempt at "changing the dialogue" away from the Lewenski scandal. The attack on the Cole, WTC, Waco, Elian, etc were ALL used as chips against him even when there was consensus about how he handled it.

We all know about Bill's penis but the way in which the Reps attacked him for it was vile...Committees were set up, millions of tax payer money was spent, special investigations, etc...all of this was done in an attempt to smear his entire legacy which in turn forced him into hiding during Gore's run at the presidency. Truly vile stuff...Rush was in his prime and ascending in popularity and (along with Newt and Co.) made the Clinton administration a referendum on "Family Values". I even remember Rush attacking their daughter and calling her some truly awful things.

Fast forward to today and with 20/20 hindsight, I see many similarities to today. The Reps know that Obama will leave office with a strong economy and a high approval rating. Their best chance to win has already come and gone by stagnating the economy...their next best option is to plunge the entire administration into scandal (real or imagined).

#Benghazi

So, what we should take from this is that Republicans absolutely cannot handle not being in power. They're like toddlers when they don't get their way.

I kind of want to see the temper tantrum if another Democrat wins, lol

It was emceed by Field Searcy, a local conservative activist who was forced out of the Georgia Tea Party in April due to his endorsement of conspiracy theories about the president's birth certificate and the collapse of World Trade Center Tower 7.

How insane do you really have to be when the Tea Party doesn't even want you anymore?

HylianTom

Banned
So, what we should take from this is that Republicans absolutely cannot handle not being in power. They're like toddlers when they don't get their way.

I kind of want to see the temper tantrum if another Democrat wins, lol
Pretty much. I get the impression that they feel entitled to the White House. The general attitude I detect when they lose is "how dare you take our house from us!? That White House is ours, and you have the gall to take it from us? Hmph! What nerve! This cannot stand!"

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Pretty much. I get the impression that they feel entitled to the White House. The general attitude I detect when they lose is "how dare you take our house from us!? That White House is ours, and you have the gall to take it from us? Hmph! What nerve! This cannot stand!"

This election was a cock punch to conservatives, particularly those of the tea party persuasion.

They truly thought they had Obama up against the ropes. They didn't particularly like Romney either but figured he'd be good enough to get the job done ("the job" being getting Obama out of office). After that they only really needed a signing machine that could duplicate his signature.

Fox said it would happen. Karl Rove said it would happen. The liberal media (being totally liberal and all) wouldn't come right out and SAY it would happen but they said it was close, which of course means it would happen and libs just couldn't bear to mouth the words.

When it didn't happen, we ended up with a party-wide temper tantrum.

Is there some kind of mandate coming down from the Fox News/Glenn Beck population that is requiring ultra bummer attitudes toward business right now?

Like, one that is making republicans be extra evangelical lately and soap-boxy?

A friend and I are in the middle of starting a company, we've gotten some backing and I have involved my Dad, who got all sorts of excited about it at first, about a month ago. Now he's trying to chase me down to talk about "how the outcome of the election will impact what we're doing." I don't want to hear his petulant child whining screed, and don't want to subject my coworkers and friends to it.

Am I the only one seeing this?

I am so sick of the fucking end of the world bullshit coming from that side. Serious sore losers. Move the fuck on and work with the administration. This impotent bitching on Facebook and other channels makes me numb.

This one's been going around for a while, but since it's a complaint, I thought I'd post it here:
402430_488867091146581_1642884395_n.jpg
Why don't they add free hand jobs and ponies to that list?

There are illegal immigrants around my area and they tend to have to work really hard at shit jobs where they are paid in cash under the table and they live 8 people in a 2 bedroom apartment.

If these complainers want that life then it is available to them too. I've got some gardening they can do and some spare cash.

Debt isn't caused by immigrants. It's caused by rich people not paying their fair share of anything our society gives then but reaping all the benefits.

This statement is just as silly as the one you quoted.

Raising taxes on the rich 5% or 10% wouldn't have magically fixed all the debt incurred under Bush/Obama. It would have certainly helped, but not cured it.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man

Raising taxes on the rich 5% or 10% wouldn't have magically fixed all the debt incurred under Bush/Obama. It would have certainly helped, but not cured it.

Debt is caused by spending more than you bring in?

Aylinato

2 wars that bush wasn't paying for. Bush tax cuts. Plus him ruining the economy. BAAM you have our debt as it stands.

Volimar

2 wars that bush wasn't paying for. Bush tax cuts. Plus him ruining the economy. BAAM you have our debt as it stands.

To be completely fair, Bush presided over the economy going to shit, but he wasn't the sole cause. Dems and Reps both shoulder the blame on that.

Aylinato

To be completely fair, Bush presided over the economy going to shit, but he wasn't the sole cause. Dems and Reps both shoulder the blame on that.

Sure, housing thing under Clinton and repeal of glass-segeal. However it is bush's second recession during his term. He gets the blame for the one at the end of his regime.

Two wars that weren't being paid for. His economic policy. His tax break for the wealthy.

Yeah. He fucked up shit and ill hold him responsible for fucking up the country.

Let's be fair- remember after Bush won re-election, there was that liberal meme pic about how conservatives want to protect the tax cuts for the rich and destroy the social safety net.

Dram

Gingrich: The GOP misunderstood the electorate in 2012

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/11/20/gingrich-the-gop-misunderstood-the-electorate-in-2012/comment-page-1/#comments
Comments on what he said.
Sorry but we should never appease the Parasite Class to gain votes… In the next four years we should work constantly on going very aggressively after the Welfare State to gain even more vote among Whites… Our goal among Whites should be at least 65% of their vote, this time around we got 60% the highest since 1984… We should also work to get the Latino votes on our side to 35%… Another important thing we need to do is to find a way to stop early voting and absentee ballots except for the military and Americans living overseas…

It is time for us to play the class warfare on a very large and aggressive scale… Producers (US) vs. Parasites (Democrat Voters)…
Sorry but Rush had it right. This was an election where Mitt Romney was running against Santa and there are too many moochers out there that are selfish greedy people who were perfectly happy to vote for the rat-eared bastard so long as they got their special gift from Santa affirmed- be it free contraception, no cuts in expensive entitlement programs, the facade of legitimacy for sodomy, the promise of free citizenship for illegals, or whatever else the rat-eared wonder was able to pull out of his gift bag for a bunch of people that contribute nothing to society.

It really is as simple as that. Mitt Romney might have gone on stupid shows, like The View, that only the moocher class has time to watch but he would not have gotten a single vote from one of these parasites and drains on society had he not been out there promising them all the same goodies that the left has assured them is their right to demand from the productive segment of society in some sort of perverse “justice” where the parasites are encouraged to steal from the productive.
Romney wasn’t the only hope but I am less hopeful our nation will survive as we have known it. Four more years of the parasites mooching off of the productive will not end well
Newt is a man with more baggage than a 747. If he had been nominated he would have lost to the rat-eared wonder by a greater margin than Rick Santorum who was utterly unelectable.

To suggest otherwise makes you as delusional as any of the filthy Ron Paul supporters who stayed home and wanted to see the rat-eared wonder win out of spite that their racist idiot didn’t win a single primary. I hate you all because you don’t have the best interests of the nation at heart- which makes you no better than the parasites and moochers who voted for Obama. You are just as selfish and greedy with a different agenda.
Can you deny the absolute fact that wihtout the Parasite class the democrats cannot win a single national elections…
Problem with that argument is that it is a well known fact that welfare recipients have a very low participation rate in the electoral process. Actually what keeps the dims in power are sufficient numbers of middle class producer-parasites (sure they work and pay taxes, but doncha dare touch their precious as or Medicare, sufficient numbers of educated fools with high incomes whose skulls are filled with the dung their moron professors fed them, sufficient numbers of wealthy elites who want no social constraints on their behavior, along with racist minority radical, homofascists and just about every other group you can think of. Oh and you might want to look at those numbers again… They’re not too promising.
Yes we can overcome Santa who is giving to the Parasite Class only… Remember that Whites are still 72% of the voters and getting 65% to 70% of the White voters, it is very possible to get this percentage, in addition to 35% of the Latinos would get us over 50% of the vote… Also remember that 6-7 millions of Obama voters from 2008 stayed home in 2012 because they did not want to vote for this incompetent fool again but unfortunately we could not get them on our side this time around… Constantly and very aggressively playing the Producers vs. Parasites card and increasing the anger of the Producers toward the Parasites would bring us millions of additional voters among Whites and some Latinos…
Gingrich still misunderstands. A better formulation:

This used to be a center-right country. Now it’s a stupid, bought off country with a hard-Left pop culture.

The Romney bashing is only a temporary salve. Sure, he could have done things better. That’s true of even winning candidates, moreso those that lose. But nothing Romney did could overcome the triple-whammy of Left wing media, tens of millions on the dole, and tens of millions more whose level of substantive engagement and critical thinking is, put charitably, superficial.

Our progressive, multi-culturalist, social-democratic chickens have come home to roost.
I’m sick and tired of the self-recrimination of the GOP when democrats have shown themselves to be no better than scum.

Are we saying its valid for the left to be corrupt?
Are saying its valid for the left to pay for play?
Are we saying its valid for the left to purposely lie and demean?
Are we actually validating liberal-ism?

Conservatives have one problem a visceral hate propagated by their enemies.

What’s the solution? Cry in the corner?
You must be upset that the voice of Elmo quit Sesame Street for diddling some kids. To be more specific, you must be upset he got caught, not his gay pedophilia.

WillyFive

They just haven't learned. They are so inside their bubble that they think the grave they dug that lost them the election just wasn't deep enough.

Not on Facebook, but on a blog. This dude is Libertarian with a capital "L" but I think in the end he seems to be just a Republican with a different name. He mentioned something about judges making law in the comments and I responded with this:

In my once state of Minnesota (2010-2012), we had a Republican majority in everything thinking something was going to get done. The deficit and budget were never fixed and they tried to ban same-sex marriage even though public opinion showed we didn’t want that issue brought up in the first place. We ended up rejecting the stupid ban and voted them out. (Hey, at least we can say we did something tolerant and progressive that California failed to do twice, he he).

Maybe it is just me and my anecdotal evidence, but it doesn’t seem that the Libertarians really care about social issues either. I see a lot of “Oh, I’m not against gay people or same-sex marriage, I’m just against all marriage,” even though they never stand up for gay families’ rights and are in a privileged marriage of their own. It is easy to say stuff like that, but they never stop to think about gay families that aren’t getting the same rights in medical decisions, inheritance, and parental custody for their children because in some states it’s okay for 51% of the people to say they don’t want them to have those rights and protections. So much for “Live and let live” that I see flying around everywhere. Even when the courts inevitably say that defining marriage as a man+woman is unconstitutional because it discriminates against sex, sexual ordination, gender identity, family status, religion, etc, both the Republicans and Libertarians are there to say “Activist judges! How dare they grant those rights!” I just think in my head “lolwut, I thought we were for freedom, but whatever.”

He responded in this bizarre post:

The issue many of us have with judges waving their magic gavels and declaring current marriage laws unconstitutional is that they’re apparently suffering hallucinations while reading the Constitution — or simply deciding to impose their own preferences. State laws that restrict marriage to a man and a woman are no more unconstitutional than laws that forbid polygamy (which, unlike gay marriage, has existed in human societies around the globe for thousands of years) or forbid me from marrying my niece. The correct and constitutional way to change a marriage law is to convince a majority of legislators to do so. If they can’t be convinced, too bad … we don’t get to just wave our magic gavels and negate laws we don’t happen to like by declaring them unconstitutional — based on nothing in the actual Constitution. If judges can willy-nilly redefine the Constitution to produce results we like, they can do the same to produce laws we don’t like.

You won’t find many libertarians all hot and bothered about marriage laws because marriage is a benefit (or supposed benefit) conferred by the state. We don’t look to the state to make our lives better.

Wowzers. I guess in some state constitutions (that granted same-sex marriage) there is no right to be free from discrimination instituted by the state, lmao. This is what most Privileged (White, Hetero, Male) Republicans and anti-gay lawyers say. I'm thinking of just not calling myself a libertarian anymore and just go with "Financially Responsible Democrat."

Big Bird gliding down the middle of 34th Street on a massive float in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is like the final, definitive all-American fuck-you to Mitt Romney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom