• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

The truth can be adjusted.

men-in-black-3ghosb.jpg

Narag

Gintama 46

bmllp.png

So true. Drawing lessons were hilarious at that.

Another thing I really appreciate about Gintama is it's use of continuity whether for the story or just a quick joke. I wouldn't have suspected damaging a throwaway setting last ep would be used as part of the impetus for this ep.

OceanBlue

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne! (OniAi) 1

I wanted to do detailed impressions for this show before it aired, but now I'm just too disappointed... Kawaguchi, you've failed me! :(

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Is it that much of a spoiler? I'm dying to click that link :(

Is it the same spoiler as a certain shied wielder or something else?

It's a spoiler yes. Hence why I labeled. I'm not going to describe what kind of spoiler other than the fact I labeled it was episode 15 and beyond.

Can I post this again?

It is sad some people might want to forget about it (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39861039&postcount=10391), but there was a recent adaptation of Phantom Blood, isn't it? I think it should be at least mentioned now that we have another one. Anyway, that adaptation is the reason why I automatically hear 'VOODOO KINGDOM' in my brain every time I see images of an animation adaptation of that arc... many thanks for that, A.P.P.P. & associated production companies!

You actually saw it? Araki and whoever made it has been trying their hardest to erase it from existence.

Anyway, that was semi-recently, so the 20 year point still stands.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
School Days 5

inUuu9e7aB5Vg.gif

You and me both kid, you and me both.

The MC is a dick. With the amount of trains we see in this, I hope he throws himself under one. Yes, I saw this coming a mile off, but I still don't have to like it. And this is why yuri is the purest form of love.

As for positives. The "Oh yeahs" were humorous and we got to see more of the best bud. The best bud is a far more favourable character so it's nice the ED gave him some love.

In conclusion: I never asked for this.

Grzi

One Piece 46

what the hell. what. the. hell. Of all the needless shit to revisit...

Episodes 48-53 is when you'll feel what One Piece truly has in store for you for the first time.
It only gets better after that (you can skip the filler episodes if they start to get boring for you, you won't lose much).

Just keep on watching, I enjoy reading your impressions!

School Days 5

The MC is a dick. With the amount of trains we see in this, I hope he throws himself under one. Yes, I saw this coming a mile off, but I still don't have to like it. And this is why yuri is the purest form of love.

As for positives. The "Oh yeahs" were humorous and we got to see more of the best bud. The best bud is a far more favourable character so it's nice the ED gave him some love.

jb0O9RBxyT3r9s.jpg

I guess that's what earlier interviews implied they would do, after all. I don't know the manga so I can't say how problematic this pacing will be, but given how much duckroll's freaking out over it I suppose I'll hold off on watching the show until he or other trustworthy people give their stamp of approval.

Just read the manga alongside watching the show.

Grzi

JoJo - 01

Really good, much better than I expected it to be, all the strengths of the manga are presented as they should be and I can't wait for more.

Instro

From the New World 2

The ball game sequences kind of dragged on too long in this ep. It doesn't help that music during those scenes was pretty weak. Otherwise though it was another very good episode, I really like what they are doing with the opening each week. Unveiling some rather unsettling backstory on how the world came to be as it currently is really helps establish the tone for the rest of the episode. Particularly this week when it rolls right into the Karma Demon story. Next week looks pretty compelling, as it appears we will be getting to see the world outside the village. Also, new wardrobe!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
School Days 5

Are you saying our thing isn't real? </3

duckroll

Saint Seiya Omega - Episode 26

That was pretty good. Still kinda ugly at times, but I liked the way the flashbacks were handled. Much better than ep25. Now with almost everything else resolved... ONWARD TO THE BIG EPISODE! Umakoshi will either deliver, and Toei will fall flat on their face. Dum dum dummm....

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
School Days 5

Yuri sucks.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 01

Oh man I love how the super emphasize ish in the anime. Good I love watching being a fan of the manga.

Roundabout by Yes is a great ED, whoo!

Zetsuen No Tempest 01

I like how their fleshing things out from the manga. Nice production values.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Hidamari Sketch Hoshimittsu, Hoshimittsu OVAs, x SP:

Ume-sensei...

I have received your teachings...

Instro

Oh yeah, on the subject of From the New World, it looks like this week they finalized the ED its a pretty damn good one too. Love the animation and artstyle used for it.

Steroyd

As Long As There Is Love, It Doesn't Matter If Your My Brother - 01

Who needs impressions with a title that's something like that!

Although I've realised while watching this, that it would be awesome if there was a show where the main guy was trying to get a girlfriend, but the sister with a brother complex went all Yandere on their ass.

Sadly this show is missing the yandere to create the dream.

/XX/

You actually saw it? Araki and whoever made it has been trying their hardest to erase it from existence.

Anyway, that was semi-recently, so the 20 year point still stands.
Oh no, didn't have the opportunity. I just find it an injustice that people could end up forgetting it existed, because I remember fondly being very excited to see what I thought was A.P.P.P. still trying to do justice to the franchise after so long, and sad when I found some negative opinions about it. Even if it was a failure, it is there and I think it should be considered.

I saw so many times one of the promotional videos that song got stuck in my head! But really... I haven't seen it yet.

This was just me being a little bit apologetic for something I had many expectations in! Don't mind me, because I'm now excited again about this new adaptation. Thanks for making the new thread!

Assuming they're all 20 minutes, that's just under 17 hours. Even if you were to watch the full thing at 24 minutes, that's 20 hours. In reality, it would be shorter than both because of previous episode recaps and stuff.

Definitely possible.

And thus i've reached the conclusion that some of you don't ever sleep..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom