• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluWacky

Waiting wonzo's impression. disgonbgud.gif

I look forward to seeing what other people think of it, because although I love good art, I don't tend to notice bad art so much. I don't know much about cinematography or perspective - I can barely draw a straight line with a ruler - so when people point out stuff like how botched the Angel Beats art can be I'm quite often surprised. I didn't have a problem with the hill in Tempest the other day either! I guess because it doesn't involve actual animation or quality of background art I just don't notice it so much.

yami4ct

From the New World: 02

Lots more world building. Clearly this series is going to be a slow burn. The way they're using the openings to
Slowly bridge the gap between past and present
is a super interesting way to build up the world. Character's have been given more personality this episode. You also see many actions that clearly will have future consequences.
Saki using her power to save a Queerat
. The narrator foreshadowing future events is an aspect I wasn't expecting, but totally love. I also hope we keep getting the children's stories read aloud by the kids. Not only are they terrifying in an Orwellian way of trying to instill obedience from the children, they're super well animated as well. I simultaneously can't wait and am terrified to see how things go down. When shit finally hits the fan, it's going to be quite an emotional experience.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventures:01
It's everything I'd hoped it be. Classic shonen style. The bad guys are real bad and the hero is super likable. Clearly, the animation isn't super high budget, but it get's away with so much because it has so much style. Even the freeze frames are done in a way that looks super cool instead of cheap. Pacing was super fast, but it didn't lose me at all. Clearly, the show hasn't tipped its hand in regards to the supernatural elements, but a great start.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Seriously, no one here loves it as much as him and even his faith is faltering.

I wasn't being serious. Anyway, I love the show despite how it has so many faults. It's pretty bad and that's why it's my guilty pleasure. Still waiting for mroe people to give impressions. Not enough SAOturday.

Sword Art Online 14

D0CtN.jpg

Still perfect husbando material.

Firemind

I wasn't being serious. Anyway, I love the show despite how it has so many faults. It's pretty bad and that's why it's my guilty pleasure. Still waiting for mroe people to give impressions. Not enough SAOturday.

Was your unfettered love for Guilty Crown also a hoax?

My world is falling apart.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Was your unfettered love for Guilty Crown also a hoax?

My world is falling apart.

No. Guilty Crown pretty much sucks and even isn't remotely enjoyable. You have a very depressing and crappy male lead with a female lead that is devoid of personality. Top it off with a polarizing cast and situations that end up being moronic and you have a recipe for a not so very entertaining show.

Jex

[Five Star Stories]

I really can't say why but this movie is far, far better the second time around. Perhaps it's because I already know a bit more of the context for the characters and so I'm spending half the movie thinking "what the heck is going on?"

Narag

[Five Star Stories]

I really can't say why but this movie is far, far better the second time around. Perhaps it's because I already know a bit more of the context for the characters and so I'm spending half the movie thinking "what the heck is going on?"

Pretty much. Hell, just going over the beginning again one night was enough to have the rest make that much more sense to me.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sword Art Online 14

i6S5wrGqYnp7E.gif

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

Let's go over this step by step:
  1. The cliff hanger presented us with an impossible challenge. Cue the opening and they've basically finished it off. WHAT!? Side note. Sucks to be that one guy who died in this episode. I hope he got an achievement for that: be the last person to die in SAO HA HA HA!
  2. The kind of plot twist you could see coming a mile away but the reveal made no sense. Why did he feel the need to attack him? All he could see was that his health was still in the green which can only be concluded that he's skilled. Jealousy is a horrible thing.
  3. Oh hey, magically get out of paralysis with no explanation whatsoever. Well at least it was a final tragedy to finish the show OH WAIT! FORGET THAT SHE'S STILL ALIVE AND WELL AFTERWARDS. As an aside, Kirito really shouldn't have chucked that restoration item. He should have known he'd need it sooner or later.
  4. Oh look Kirito has the power to withstand A FRIED BRAIN. Are we to assume he is brainless then.
  5. While the ending must be dynamic with him walking alone down a corridor. Think about what is wrong with this scene. 6000 plus people just recovered from a life and death situation. From what I've been told from manga readers they were put in a special medical centre, so I assume they were all together, or at least a bunch from the local area. So we're meant to believe in 10 minutes the whole hospital has been vacated? No cheers, no press, NO STAFF!? Not even his parents crying over him because they believe their child was the only one not to wake up? Ok that last point may be pushing it because they'd need to be informed and get to the hospital with 10 minutes but still his first thought could have at least been "Oh I guess I should tell mum and dad I'm fine" rather than, where's my cyber friend.
  6. I personally blame Johnny Black, XaXa and Kunimittz.

Only good thing about this was the return of everyone's favourite SAO gif.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 01
Blew my expectations away. Posted a bit more in the OT, but yeah, it's good. Want more right now ): No screencap because I'm tired and need to take a nap. zzzz

maybe it'll get me to watch/finish more anime too

Jarmel

Banned
SAO 14

why_0_u18chan.jpg

So many whys so little time.

I stated awhile ago that I felt GITS never insulted the audience, this was an insult.

Geneijin

K - 01

The savior to a more beautiful unfiltered world rests upon a mysterious little girl who can see the "truth?" Now that I wouldn't mind being the story premise instead of this revenge plot as I'm not particularly enthralled with any one character (yet) but it won't happen. Yet one impossible direction the story could proceed in is that the inhabitants of the island where this story takes place within are unaware of the ugliness (filter) obstructing their perception of reality, and it's why the island inhabitants are conditioned to view life effortlessly and monotonously. A quiet utopia Scepter 4 polices, but what if that society is not true? Perhaps this obscurity is limited to those on the island while the rest of Japan doesn't suffer from this isolated syndrome, but how many actual people are on the island? I doubt K will contribute any respects to the metaphysics, but it's there nonetheless should they choose to pursue it. Weismann's intentions will ultimately determine what's the point of this show I believe.

Instro

K - 01

The savior to a more beautiful unfiltered world rests upon a mysterious little girl who can see the "truth?" Now that I wouldn't mind being the story premise instead of this revenge plot as I'm not particularly enthralled with any one character (yet) but it won't happen. Yet one impossible direction the story could proceed in is that the inhabitants of the island where this story takes place within are unaware of the ugliness (filter) obstructing their perception of reality, and it's why the island inhabitants are conditioned to view life effortlessly and monotonously. A quiet utopia Scepter 4 polices, but what if that society is not true? Perhaps this obscurity is limited to those on the island while the rest of Japan doesn't suffer from this isolated syndrome, but how many actual people are on the island? I doubt K will contribute any respects to the metaphysics, but it's there nonetheless should they choose to pursue it. Weismann's intentions will ultimately determine what's the point of this show I believe.

So you're out of retirement huh?

Firemind

Sword Art Online 14

i6S5wrGqYnp7E.gif

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

I can't believe I'm doing this, but
you can more or less infer that Heathcliff is a master class troll (and likely a deranged escapist). He set it up to be the boss on the final floor. It's plausible that he was trolling Gary Stu by paralyzing her for a limited time. A possible explanation of why she isn't permanently dead might be because Gary Stu cleared the game in the ten seconds before the microwave helmet sets off. I have no idea how Gary Stu managed to clear the game when he's supposedly dead, but that's why he's Gary Stu.

K - 01

Well I think the idea of the filtering being some tangible existence of the anime and in it is an interesting idea, that would be compelling if carried out that way, however that seems quite ambitions for a 13 episode anime especially with the idea of there being numerous, and I guess, elemental kings, being around. Though it would add a nice additional element to this current potential plot of seeking revenge on the main character, as well as the larger take over all plot presented briefly.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
For those who don't watch the show. This is what the great battle animations looked like in SAO 14

*sob*

Spent the whole budget on a CGI skeleton thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom