• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas mod discussion

LogicStep

YyqHX6w.jpg

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Mods are activated but they aren't showing on the left window. If I try to log (it asks me to when I click on package manager) the program hangs.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Mods are activated but they aren't showing on the left window. If I try to log (it asks me to when I click on package manager) the program hangs.

some mods (specially texture mods) sometimes don't have esp's/esm's, they're just some files that get copied to another folder

unless your mods aren't working I wouldn't worry too much about it

ezekial45

Banned
Is there a single compilation of different armor and clothing mods available? I really don't want to have to download about 8 or so different mods place them in.

There isnt a mod I can get to work on FO3 without it locking up the game. I had to do the trick by changing a number and adding a value just to get the game to work.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is there a single compilation of different armor and clothing mods available? I really don't want to have to download about 8 or so different mods place them in.
I like tailor maid a lot, tho it's less of an armor mod and more like a bunch of accesories for you to play barbies with.

basically it adds parts of armor so you can mix them up and make up your own armors. it's lore friendly and non-exploitative (aka no exposed tits). it's pretty cool.

like you can make your dude or dudette look like this:

I also use a scarf mod because scarves are cool, but forgot how it was called

FloatOn

shot in the dark here and admittedly I'm very new to the whole mod thing.

I'm just trying to get these mods installed and run the game but the game crashes right after start up:

6lpgZHD.png

I'm on windows 7 and I found this fix which I did as well but it's still not working out.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/18900/?

edit: okay it looks like wanderers edition is what is causing the problem. unchecking that allows the game to run. Now to see if the mods are actually applied.

Sarcasm

shot in the dark here and admittedly I'm very new to the whole mod thing.

I'm just trying to get these mods installed and run the game but the game crashes right after start up:

I'm on windows 7 and I found this fix which I did as well but it's still not working out.

[url]http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/18900/?[/url]

edit: okay it looks like wanderers edition is what is causing the problem. unchecking that allows the game to run. Now to see if the mods are actually applied.[/QUOTE]

Did you do the arch..validation thingy?

Also you may need FOSE to run the game.

Hesemonni

Banned
Soo,

I'm trying to download some mods via Nexus Manager, but I keep getting server unreachable errors no matter which server I select.

Is there something I'm missing here?

zkylon

zkylewd
Soo,

I'm trying to download some mods via Nexus Manager, but I keep getting server unreachable errors no matter which server I select.

Is there something I'm missing here?

site's kind of unreliable sometimes

wait for a while, servers might be super busy

NBtoaster

I don't think modding is any different between Skyrim, New Vegas or Fallout 3...

Unless you rely on external managers and stuff, but manual installation is identical and simple.

hemtae

I don't think modding is any different between Skyrim, New Vegas or Fallout 3...

Unless you rely on external managers and stuff, but manual installation is identical and simple.

No archive invalidation in Skyrim.

Can't remember anything that bugged me in Fallout 3 that wasn't in New Vegas.

Aim_Ed

How come I'm not getting the verification email from the Nexus site?

I signed up on 2 different emails just to make sure it didn't get lost.

EDIT: Found a fix. Had to resend the email using a mobile device.

ezekial45

Banned
My big issue with F3 modding is that FOSE seems to be really buggy. It keeps saying that the game can't find the file when I start up. Plus, the crashes are way more constant.

At this point, I'm thinking that I should scrap everything and start the modding process over from scratch.

Azriell

I played through Fallout 3 on 360 several times, and put a few dozen hours into New Vegas on there as well but never beat it. I picked up NV on steam, and the first thing that stands out to me is that sometimes when I stop moving my character will take an extra half step. It doesn't always happen, but when it does it's enough that it causes me to miss my target (when trying to click something). Please tell me this isn't normal. I definitely don't remember this shit on 360, and I find it so distracting that once it happens I just keep tapping W to see if it will happen again, as if I could fix it by just banging on the keyboard for long enough. Is this a thing? Is there something I can do about it via mods, etc?

zkylon

zkylewd
I played through Fallout 3 on 360 several times, and put a few dozen hours into New Vegas on there as well but never beat it. I picked up NV on steam, and the first thing that stands out to me is that sometimes when I stop moving my character will take an extra half step. It doesn't always happen, but when it does it's enough that it causes me to miss my target (when trying to click something). Please tell me this isn't normal. I definitely don't remember this shit on 360, and I find it so distracting that once it happens I just keep tapping W to see if it will happen again, as if I could fix it by just banging on the keyboard for long enough. Is this a thing? Is there something I can do about it via mods, etc?

hmm, no idea bro :/

Chris R

I have the same thing happen on my PC version of NV and it is so annoying.

-BLITZ-

Couple of weeks ago I began to miss playing Fallout 3 atmosphere after replaying too many times Fallout NewVegas, but I never was into modding to either both games, other than adding Millenia weapons for New Vegas. My PC also has some difficulties with New Vegas because after a while of playing, it can no longer be played, receiving something like infinite loading loop or freeze after using fast travel or going indoor out doors, although I never have and had such problems with Fallout 3.

After knowing everything that needs to be known about Fallout 3, I reach to my ultimate savegame goal. There's nothing else to do than roaming around the map and fight to whatever enemy respawns. I still don't have high interest to mod Fallout 3 with everything that Nexus can through at, but I started to have interest in Quest/Adventure Mods.

From the last two weeks I've played "A quest for Heaven" series and I just finished Part III (R.I.P. Firelady) and all I can say in short terms is how extraodinary this masterpiece really is. There's so much you can tell about this Saga that I can write down a book about it.

Now I would like to know if anyone can recommend some really good quests mods which are similar to A Quest for Heaven, long, complex, mutiple main/side quest, interesting story. I'm going with Alton right now and see what is about.

Veezy

que?
Do you like retextures that look amazing?
Do you like well created new guns that actually fit into the lore?
Are you not a fucking idiot?

Then download, right now, Weapons of the New Millenia. It's a repack of EVERY gun that Millenia has touched into one pack, scripted to not fuck with whatever mod you're already using, and inserted into all the leveled lists. I did some beta testing and it's fantastic.

Enjoy.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member

Then download, right now, Weapons of the New Millenia. It's a repack of EVERY gun that Millenia has touched into one pack, scripted to not fuck with whatever mod you're already using, and inserted into all the leveled lists. I did some beta testing and it's fantastic.

Enjoy.
Awesome! Just in time for my latest playthrough.

Tecl0n

Enjoy.

Time for a new run.

Veezy

que?
Recently, a new overhaul mod came out that is rather fantastic and I highly recommend if you are looking for a good excuse to pour another 100 hours into this game, you should download it. AWN, After War Nevada, is a complete overhaul including new traits, percs, SPECIAL adjustments, NPC adjustments, weapons, and a whole lot more.

Can't link it at the moment, but it's really easy to find. Also, on the top downloads from the past two weeks list is a new texture over haul that works great in conjunction with Ojo Bueno/NMC.

Hello Mod-GAF,

I am brand new to the Fallout series, with New Vegas as my first purchase. What are the essential New Vegas mods for a first-time player? I want to experience the game mostly as it was meant to be experienced, but I also want to improve that experience as much as possible. Mainly I'm looking for:

- Mods that get rid of bugs/annoyances
- Mods that improve the graphics (in a lore-friendly way)
- Mods that make the game more fun without changing it too much

For instance, I see that Project Nevada is the most popular mod on Nexus, but I'm unsure if it's meant for a first-time player. It seems that it changes the game quite a bit. In your opinion, would these changes take away from the original experience of F:NV?

zkylon

zkylewd
project nevada is pretty ok for a first timer, you can turn off a bunch of stuff like new weapons and upgrades but it's for the most part ok

you could also go for jesawyer's mod (just google it, it's not on the nexus) if you want a cool rebalance mod

the other absolute essential is mtui: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34902/?

other than that you can just read my posts on the last few pages in this thread, i can't make a list right now but ask me about any mod you like

DedValve

Banned
I like tailor maid a lot, tho it's less of an armor mod and more like a bunch of accesories for you to play barbies with.

basically it adds parts of armor so you can mix them up and make up your own armors. it's lore friendly and non-exploitative (aka no exposed tits). it's pretty cool.

like you can make your dude or dudette look like this:

I also use a scarf mod because scarves are cool, but forgot how it was called

Do you use a face mod? I've been searching everywhere on nexus for a good male/female (preferably male) facemod. I can't even make a cool looking grisly dude with all the crappy beards and face options.

zkylon

zkylewd
Do you use a face mod? I've been searching everywhere on nexus for a good male/female (preferably male) facemod. I can't even make a cool looking grisly dude with all the crappy beards and face options.
i've been meaning to try this one for some time but it's female only

other than that this looks ok i guess

haven't found much success with most facemods that aren't like straight up facegen stuff and even then it just looks like everyone else's character, not yours.

i personally just open up the plasticsurgeon thingie on the console and touch my character up until it's somewhat acceptable

DedValve

Banned
i've been meaning to try this one for some time but it's female only

other than that this looks ok i guess

haven't found much success with most facemods that aren't like straight up facegen stuff and even then it just looks like everyone else's character, not yours.

i personally just open up the plasticsurgeon thingie on the console and touch my character up until it's somewhat acceptable

Makes me wish this game had facecodes because yours looks great. I suuuuuuuuck with character customization but I can't get enough of it.
oh god black desert is going to ruin me

Caerith

MMUE does a lot of dumb stuff that wouldn't be considered bug fixes.

The best bug fix mod out there is YUP. YMMV, of course, but I love it.

Hmm. You're right. I think next time I'll use YUP, Nevada Skies, and Freeside Open, and maybe something that makes characters look better.

Veezy

que?
Finally actually got it installed. If anybody's interested, make sure you follow the install instructions exactly and DO NOT USE NMM. Instead, download FOMM, download the large address aware FOMM exe, turn off searching for updates on FOMM, and use that to install the main file/addons. NMM will timeout due to the size of the FOMOD and setting it to large address aware does not fix the issue.

Next, texture packs and other mods.

Does anyone know of some kind of patrol mod like the one that was made for Skyrim, which essentially has NCR and Legion soldiers fighting each other randomly around the map?

I want to give this game another chance but I don't know if I can deal with going through every single fucking cabinet and desk again like in Fallout 3.

I only found a few auto-loot mods on the Nexus that looked decent.

Does anyone use anything they'd endorse?

Ideally, I want to be able to just open a searchable thing and have it pull all the items I want with a certain value ratio or from a specified list of items.

Top Bottom