• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 has gone gold; leaked gameplay vids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codiox

Oh boy, the building feature is awesome. I've found a gas station and transform it into a fortress with steel walls and shit. Will be my main camp for now.

I can see me losing hours only building something nice.

Also found
the military armor with a machine gun. You get an alternate HUD like something from Metroid prime like with a vision. Awesome.

Oh boy, the building feature is awesome. I've found a gas station and transform it into a fortress with steel walls and shit. Will be my main camp for now.

I can see me loosing hours only building something nice.

No more, no more. You're killing me! I want to play now!!!

Oogedei

I'm still confused. When will you be able to play this game? 9/11 or 10/11? Steam says 9/11 but the steam countdown ends 10/11 3am.

I can see me loosing hours only building something nice.

Also found
the military armor with a machine gun. You get an alternate HUD like something from Metroid prime like with a vision. Awesome.

That just sounds wonderful. So excited to build.

No delivery for me today :(
Guess I'll be playing it Tuesday instead

This is so funny to me. Normally, where I live, people are very strict about when to sell the games. If you're lucky, you get one copy the evening before the game releases.

Fallout 4 is fucking everywhere. Even Gamestop is selling it. Holy crap.

aravuus

It was straight up the title of a thread. Savage shit.

Being able to spoil the ending in a couple of words like that makes me think there's a big plot twist or something.

Now don't confirm this, obviously, but man... I'm actually a bit interested in seeing how the main quest plays out. After the FO3 shitshow I'm not expecting it to be any good, but it's gonna be great if they've got some stupid twist in the end lol

Bl@de

It was straight up the title of a thread. Savage shit.

Yeah. People should avoid the RPG Codex too. Ending is the F4 thread title^^ But I don't even care. I played so much Fallout and Elder Scrolls ... But I never finished the main quest. They always bore me with crap writing after a couple quests ... i only finished New Vegas once. So I usually just go somewhere else and hoard stuff. Now that we can build settlements, guns and armor I will create my own little lamplight and never do a quest^^ That's the fun about Bethesda games. Install mods, roam around, do whatever you want...

Fjordson

Being able to spoil the ending in a couple of words like that makes me think there's a big plot twist or something.

Now don't confirm this, obviously, but man... I'm actually a bit interested in seeing how the main quest plays out. After the FO3 shitshow I'm not expecting it to be any good, but it's gonna be great if they've got some stupid twist in the end lol
I'll just say that I didn't click on it so I have no idea if it was the real thing. Seemed like it could be, but who knows.

Yeah. People should avoid the RPG Codex too. Ending is the F4 thread title^^ But I don't even care. I played so much Fallout and Elder Scrolls ... But I never finished the main quest. They always bore me with crap writing after a couple quests ... i only finished New Vegas once. So I usually just go somewhere else and hoard stuff. Now that we can build settlements, guns and armor I will create my own little lamplight and never do a quest^^ That's the fun about Bethesda games. Install mods, roam around, do whatever you want...
Yeah, game spoilers don't bother me too much. Like I've been constantly hunting down streams of this so I can see the game.

It really bugs me how so many people on the internet these days seem to have so little capacity for nuanced opinions on things. Something is always either fucking garbage (usually a 7-8 out of 10 which is above average) or the greatest thing since Jesus Christ sliced up a loaf of bread.

Fallout 4 is the best looking game Bethesda has ever made. On PC on the highest settings, it will most likely look pretty good, but on console it's 30fps and will almost certainly have reduced draw distances, minimal shadows at distance, and so on.

Does this make the game look like shit? No, it still looks solid. I think people who say games like Fallout look like shit must have forgotten what shit looks like.

At the end of the day, Bethesda decided to keep using their Gamebryo engine which undoubtedly limited them in many ways, but perhaps they decided early on that it would be more important for modders to be able to jump right in from modding their previous titles, or maybe the fact that Fallout 4 began development a couple years before this generation of consoles were released had a negative effect on the graphics, but when all is said and done, this is what we got.

It's not eye-meltingly gorgeous, but it doesn't look like shit either, and to be perfectly honest, I am so desperate for a new Fallout game that I would be almost as excited for Fallout 4 as I am now if the graphics were identical to Fallout 3's.

Dinda

My god this really is torture with so many people already playing it and i have to to wait till Thursday (Monday evening maybe).

Tovarisc

Huh? Mods are only going to increase VRAM usage.

Witcher 3 got mod that actually lowers game's graphical quality across the board, so it can run better on older HW. So it does happen when mod goes for worse instead of better, when it comes to IQ.

Which is quite nice imo.

I'm still confused. When will you be able to play this game? 9/11 or 10/11? Steam says 9/11 but the steam countdown ends 10/11 3am.

10th, local midnight. 12AM EST for whole NA.

Edit: 9th if you VPN it.

Insomnium

It really bugs me how so many people on the internet these days seem to have so little capacity for nuanced opinions on things. Something is always either fucking garbage (usually a 7-8 out of 10 which is above average) or the greatest thing since Jesus Christ sliced up a loaf of bread.

Fallout 4 is the best looking game Bethesda has ever made. On PC on the highest settings, it will most likely look pretty good, but on console it's 30fps and will almost certainly have reduced draw distances, minimal shadows at distance, and so on.

Does this make the game look like shit? No, it still looks solid. I think people who say games like Fallout look like shit must have forgotten what shit looks like.

At the end of the day, Bethesda decided to keep using their Gamebryo engine which undoubtedly limited them in many ways, but perhaps they decided early on that it would be more important for modders to be able to jump right in from modding their previous titles, or maybe the fact that Fallout 4 began development a couple years before this generation of consoles were released had a negative effect on the graphics, but when all is said and done, this is what we got.

It's not eye-meltingly gorgeous, but it doesn't look like shit either, and to be perfectly honest, I am so desperate for a new Fallout game that I would be almost as excited for Fallout 4 as I am now if the graphics were identical to Fallout 3's.
Well said

Akibared

I'm happy I'm not the only one who thinks this.

2 things)
Are there flying vehicles? In the reveal, we saw a pov of someone in a vertibird

Didn't Todd Howard say they used a whole new engine for this game in that same reveal?

Now that it's in the while, we must know now. Are there loads between interiors and exteriors? Loads going into major cities? I was scanning through the last few pages and couldn't find an answer.

Kssio_Aug

Now that it's in the while, we must know now. Are there loads between interiors and exteriors? Loads going into major cities? I was scanning through the last few pages and couldn't find an answer.

Getting into major cities I dont know, but going between interiors and exteriors there is.

rjinaz

Speech checks and everything I know about them:
I'm level 17
, so far Charisma seems to be the only influence on speech checks with the exception of the Lady-Killer perk. There aren't New Vegas requirements for speech checks like [Barter 35/25] or [Strength 3/2] nor are there percentages shown that you will pass. Speech check difficulty is color-coded. Yellow is easy, orange average, red hard.

There are numerous speech checks (ex: better rewards, flirting, convincing someone to join), and there can be progressively more difficult checks in the same conversation (like convincing Colonel Autumn to stand down).

I always bring alcohol and a set of Charisma gear with me.

Play on the harder difficulties. (I'm playing on Hard.) The Legendary enemies that show up at random don't fuck around and the random legendary gear they drop is pretty awesome. The regular enemies are imo much more difficult than in previous entries.

In a year of open-world games this is by far the best one I've played.

I never play hard in these games, but your post convinced me. I want that
legendary armor!

Looks like CHA is going to be a priority for me after all.

Venture

Besides modding, which is a big deal in itself, there's also the fact that you can tear apart bits of the world and build entire settlements in real time right within the game. That's something people seem to be overlooking when trying to compare Fallout 4 to other games.

Alienous

2 things)
Are there flying vehicles? In the reveal, we saw a pov of someone in a vertibird

Didn't Todd Howard say they used a whole new engine for this game in that same reveal?

I don't think so. I think he said something about the changing their rendering pipeline, but no claims of it being a new engine (at least that I remember). Perhaps a new 'graphics engine'.

PIRL0

Neo Member
got the xbox one version.. it has a day one pacth around 531 mb

796032342.jpg

will give impressions after playing for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom