• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 has gone gold; leaked gameplay vids

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks great.

0040b864f9748f223bff66b883ec270c.480x360x1.jpg

I wasn't attacking or insulting you, no need to get defensive.

Well, you said I was condescending, I connect that word with offending someone.

Edit: Anyway, let's just drop it for this threads sake, I think the graphics and animations are relatively shitty for a game releasing in 2015, if you think otherwise, that is fine.

lazygecko

Ok guys, i hope this time they are fine :) enjoy:
fallout4_201511071107zupxc.png

So this is what they meant about certain effects being rendered in 1/4th the resolution. Sheesh, that looks extremly distracting. I would honestly rather prefer if they used some more primitive solution that doesn't sacrifice resolution. This is like when they switched over to dynamic shadows in the mid 00's but in many ways ended up looking worse than previous shadow techniques, since the implementation was so extremly pixelated and flickery.

Classic example of one step forward, two steps back.

Wabba

Just got the game for PS4.

Never played a Fallout game before, anybody has any tips what SPECIAL i should focus on?

Venture

So this is what they meant about certain effects being rendered in 1/4th the resolution. Sheesh, that looks extremly distracting. I would honestly rather prefer if they used some more primitive solution that doesn't sacrifice resolution. This is like when they switched over to dynamic shadows in the mid 00's but in many ways ended up looking worse than previous shadow techniques, since the implementation was so extremly pixelated and flickery.

Probably not as noticeable in motion. I hope. Otherwise that's a really lovely shot.

caleb1915

Well, you said I was condescending, I connect that word with offending someone.

With statements like, "Good for you" after going through his screenshots that he posted just to pick out the one that looks the ugliest to you; after he only made his opinion known in response to your many previous posts making it very clear what you think of them. I don't care nor am I offended by what you think about how the game looks, I only thought the comment you posted to someone doing the same thing you were wasn't adding anything to the discussion; besides it being an opinion that weren't up to your personal standards.

I thought it was condescending, so I said so. I think it's fair to say the game looks like garbage to some people, and it's visually appealing to others. Both are valid given personal context and tastes.

Edit: Anyway, let's just drop it for this threads sake, I think the graphics and animations are relatively shitty for a game releasing in 2015, if you think otherwise, that is fine.

I can definitely agree to that!

M.D

Fallout 4 |OT| I've been in this vault for 200 years and they're still using the same engine

Fallout 4 |OT| This game was built with Pre-War tech

mujun

Good for you, I think this is ugly and not impressive at all.

Does it look a whole bunch better than Fallout 3 or NV? Yes.

Does it look as good as Uncharted 4? No.

Two different and equally valid yardsticks people are using.

Condescension and incredulity is pointless.

To be fair my hair looks that way in the morning until I put in my contacts lol

daammyy

Someone tech-savvy mind explaining why this game requires a 2gb gpu card? Is it because of the amount of stuff you can interact with? The 550ti card is supposed to be a lot worse in many aspects except the memory to lets say a 580. This is not about how the game looks or anything like that, I just want to learn.

Someone tech-savvy mind explaining why this game requires a 2gb gpu card? Is it because of the amount of stuff you can interact with? The 550ti card is supposed to be a lot worse in many aspects except the memory to lets say a 580. This is not about how the game looks or anything like that, I just want to learn.
Higher resolution textures and an open world will cause more vram to be required.

daammyy

Higher resolution textures and an open world will cause more vram to be required.

Yea sure,
I guess there's really no way of knowing what the minimum requirements mean.

Just feels like a 580 should be better than the 550ti on perhaps lower settings or stuff like that. I think i have a hard time figuring out when having a faster card vs slightly lower less memory works. No way of knowing without having the game i guess. But most of the articles i've read they tell you to not bother much with the memory of a card.

I will definitely max out Luck. Those Critical perks looks very good. And just leave Strength and Charisma empty.
So I will be a sneaking ranged critical headshot guy. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom