• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu July 14 (DQ9 review)

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Totobeni said:
I thing it's the right thing to do , PS3 is not good and will not do the game game justice sales wise , I just think it's better for SEGA to put the series on Wii , but I hope it's the right decision .

The best part about PSP development is that they could also do ports for the Wii and the PS2.

Hcoregamer00 said:
The best part about PSP development is that they could also do ports for the Wii and the PS2.

I second that!

But tell me, is it so "expensive" or too difficult for most devs that work on the PSP and/or PS2 to do Wii ports? Sounds so simple, yet it's hardly done. :(

markatisu

Hero of Legend said:
I second that!

But tell me, is it so "expensive" or too difficult for most devs that work on the PSP and/or PS2 to do Wii ports? Sounds so simple, yet it's hardly done. :(

Probably because a lot of the PSP to Wii ports and PS2 to Wii ports that plagued the system in its early days did not sell very well.

Spiegel

There are 2 new scans for VC2

SolidSnakex said:
1up's article claims that it's mentioned that the series isn't necessarily bound to handhelds in the future.

Yep, entry was edited on the website. It was a mistranslation
Interview says that VC2 being on psp doesn't mean that there won't be more VC games on consoles.

Also, VC2 characters are made by the same guy who did VC1 characters

Hero of Legend said:
I second that!

So you can pretend to be interested in them? Nah, developers want money, not anonymous internet zealots salivating at the most extremely subpar games just because they are on their console of choice. In other words, you're fucked.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Totobeni said:
I think it's the right thing to do , PS3 is not good and will not do the game game justice sales wise , I just think it's better for SEGA to put the series on Wii , but I hope it's the right decision .

What the heck does this even mean? What is doing the game "justice" sales wise? You think it will sell a million now or something? The sales the game ended up with on the system was far more than people even thought it would get. There's no guarentee that the game will sell better on the PSP or the Wii at all either.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Kintaro said:
What the heck does this even mean? What is doing the game "justice" sales wise? You think it will sell a million now or something? The sales the game ended up with on the system was far more than people even thought it would get. There's no guarentee that the game will sell better on the PSP or the Wii at all either.

not millions , no , just more than what it did on PS3 , I know there is no guarantee for it to sell better on other platforms , but it's not good for SEGA and VC to stay only on PS3 to when other systems sell games from the same genre as VC more than PS3 .

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Screw this sales debate. If you're a fan of Valkyria then you will buy wherever it goes - get over your platform shenanigans.

Kintaro

speedpop said:
Screw this sales debate. If you're a fan of Valkyria then you will buy wherever it goes - get over your platform shenanigans.

I'm not a fan of Valkyria. I'm a fan of good SRPGs on consoles. Seeing one that did respectable numbers on the console taken away to a handheld (which I don't play) just fucking sucks. If you want to call that "platform shenanigans" go for it. I call it crap. Thankfully, I only paid half price for it. Since it's going to the PSP...good luck getting people to pay any money for it at all. =/

Yaweee

Kintaro said:
I'm not a fan of Valkyria. I'm a fan of good SRPGs on consoles. Seeing one that did respectable numbers on the console taken away to a handheld (which I don't play) just fucking sucks. If you want to call that "platform shenanigans" go for it. I call it crap. Thankfully, I only paid half price for it. Since it's going to the PSP...good luck getting people to pay any money for it at all. =/

Can't you output PSP to a TV, and just pretend it's a console?

Hcoregamer00

speedpop said:
Screw this platform debate. If you're a fan of Valkyria then you will buy wherever it goes - get over your platform shenanigans.

Fixed, sales was never an issue.

It is more of an issue of PS3 fans bitching and moaning that the game is moving to the PSP.

Hcoregamer00

rosjos44 said:
I am pretty happy to see straight 10's for the DQ 9 review. Though I am not surprised by it but the game is very good.

All I know is that the game solidified a Day 1 purchase.

(As if it didn't already, DQ4 and DQ5 were MAGNIFICENT)

dumbass_

Banned
Kintaro said:
PSP games don't look all that great on a 50" plasma. =/

Too many good psp games is coming soon you will miss out a lot
Why not use PSP Remote Joy?

IMG_1026.jpg

psp_pc_dissidia03_621.jpg

Kintaro

Angeles said:
Too many good psp games is coming soon you will miss out a lot
Why not use PSP Remote Joy?

Unlike other gamers, there's way more than enough games for me to play that missing out on anything on a handheld is a drop in the bucket. PSP Remote Joy is what exactly? Link would be better than pictures. =/

Hcoregamer is wrong. Game could have been on 360 or Wii and moved to a handheld and I would still be pissed off. If you can't understand such a simple concept why, I can't help you.

Spiegel

Kintaro said:
PSP Remote Joy is what exactly? Link would be better than pictures. =/

Playing with your psp on a monitor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la95kMvpyqo& feature=fvw

You can play the games with pc controllers too.

lupinko

Anyway Valkyria 2 and Peace Walker reconfirm a new PSP be it 3000 or Go purchase from me, since I really don't like my Ceramic White fatty.

Sega go do a special Valkyria 2 PSP and I will buy.

Quixzlizx

Hcoregamer00 said:
Fixed, sales was never an issue.

It is more of an issue of PS3 fans bitching and moaning that the game is moving to the PSP.

No, it's an issue of HD SRPG fans not wanting the franchise moved to a handheld. I'd rather it be a 360 exclusive than a handheld game. I have both; it doesn't matter to me.

batbeg

Quixzlizx said:
No, it's an issue of HD SRPG fans not wanting the franchise moved to a handheld. I'd rather it be a 360 exclusive than a handheld game. I have both; it doesn't matter to me.

Kintaro said:
Hcoregamer is wrong. Game could have been on 360 or Wii and moved to a handheld and I would still be pissed off. If you can't understand such a simple concept why, I can't help you.

?

Hcoregamer00

Quixzlizx said:

What a coincidence, its the same reasoning for DQ9.

It is like God is toying with gamers, to have the famitsu review of DQ9 the same time that another franchise gets put to a handheld console.

rosjos44

Hcoregamer00 said:
All I know is that the game solidified a Day 1 purchase.

(As if it didn't already, DQ4 and DQ5 were MAGNIFICENT)

I agree. I still have to beat DQ 5 though :( But I will get around to that. Is the music in DQ9 orchestraded? It soundes likt it is but I wanted to make sure.

Quixzlizx

Hcoregamer00 said:

It is like God is toying with gamers, to have the famitsu review of DQ9 the same time that another franchise gets put to a handheld console.

To be honest, it's not like I'm heartbroken. My responses are mostly counter-propaganda against everyone who's glad about the platform change. Of course I'd rather have VC2 than nothing, but as an SRPG buff it's disappointing that we're losing the first SRPG IP with amazing HD 3D production values. If VC3 ends up back on consoles, then my dismay will just be a blip on the radar, but I think it's ok to be a bit more concerned than the fans of the highest-selling JRPG franchise.

Hcoregamer00

Quixzlizx said:
To be honest, it's not like I'm heartbroken. My responses are mostly counter-propaganda against everyone who's glad about the platform change. Of course I'd rather have VC2 than nothing, but as an SRPG buff it's disappointing that we're losing the first SRPG IP with amazing HD 3D production values. If VC3 ends up back on consoles, then my dismay will just be a blip on the radar, but I think it's ok to be a bit more concerned than the fans of the highest-selling JRPG franchise.

To spite you, I will say that I am glad for the platform change.

:p

rosjos44

Quixzlizx said:

I am glad about the platform change for many reasons. My main reason is the fact that I do not have time for console gaming anymore and handheld gaming has been my only time. I think most gamers the passed ten years have been diluted on the fact of HD audio, graphics, etc that they simply forget the soul of a video game and the enjoyment. Seriously its sad imo.

scy

I dunno. If the platform change is what made this happen then I can get behind it 100% and I don't even own a PSP
yet
. I mean, I bought my PS3 partially for Valkyria anyway so it would've been nice to continue on it ... and, hell, that's still a possibility for the future.

Some disappointment, sure, that I have to buy a PSP for it but I'll get over it. :lol

dumbass_

Banned
Quixzlizx said:

No one wants Valkyria 2 on psp instead of PS3 or even Xbox360
Valkyria Chronicles was so good

And i doubt that we will get full voice acting on the psp version unlike the PS3 version which had full voice acting in both languages JP+EN and after you finish the game you get the full soundtracks albums unlocked, there is no way that the psp version can offer anything like that because of the limited UMD drive space

The psp version will be missions based and can chose many different missions from the start , it seems that it's missions will be small and maps wont be huge (Which fits for portable gaming)

But as you said anything is better than nothing :/

The valkyria on the psp version looks like a total freaking joke compared to selvaria

2rw6yiq.jpg
2akk64x.jpg

AceBandage said:
Some info on Pokemon Mystery Dungeons for WiiWare.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/100/1003797p1.html

Seems the game will feature an online mode, new 3D graphics, unique abilities (like being able to stack your Pokemon for ultra attacks) and downloadable missions.

Yeah the game's using... again on WW, the Ranch models.

Honestly now that I look at it, I suppose it's more appropriate than proper designed models I suppose with the grid-based gameplay. Kinda mirrors the sprites in the DS games, not being correct in proportions either.

But damn it I wanted a proper Wii retail PMD game with the Shiren 3 engine, fucked I am. :p

Has anyone here stated their dissatisfaction with VC2 appearing on the PSP? Because I would like to state my dissatisfaction VC2 is appearing on the PSP.

Quixzlizx

rosjos44 said:
I am glad about the platform change for many reasons. My main reason is the fact that I do not have time for console gaming anymore and handheld gaming has been my only time. I think most gamers the passed ten years have been diluted on the fact of HD audio, graphics, etc that they simply forget the soul of a video game and the enjoyment. Seriously its sad imo.

Like I posted before, I don't play on the go, so all else being equal, the handheld version will always be inferior. It has nothing to do with being a graphics/sound whore... if someone offers you $1 or $10, you're going to take $10. What advantage will the actual game have (i.e. not sales age) by being on a portable if you don't game outside the house? If VC2 has to be on the PSP so that VC3 (or VC2) can be made, then so be it, but that's not an argument on why VC2 won't suffer a hit by changing platforms.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Hcoregamer00 said:

I wonder if we would have another MEGATON thread like the DQIX announcement one if this news were in the title.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned before in the thread but I think I know why it's releasing on PSP. It's coming out in Winter right? Isn't that when FF XIII is supposable coming out in Japan? I think they are scared to release a PS3 version the same time FF XIII releases.

d+pad

I'm surprisingly interested in the Pokemon WiiWare title. May have to pick it up when (if?) it comes to the States...

wrowa

Angeles said:
No one wants Valkyria 2 on psp instead of PS3 or even Xbox360
Uhm, well... I do. I prefer it to play SRPGs on handhelds instead on homeconsoles. In my opinion handhelds are better suited for this genre (and when I think about it, are there any worthwile current gen SRPGs besides Valkyria and Radiant Dawn? Either I forgot the others or there are simply none). So, please speak for youself and not for everyone.

And i doubt that we will get full voice acting on the psp version unlike the PS3 version which had full voice acting in both languages JP+EN and after you finish the game you get the full soundtracks albums unlocked, there is no way that the psp version can offer anything like that because of the limited UMD drive space
Dual audio probably won't be possible, but there's no reason against unlockable soundtracks. You know, these tracks are already on the disc.

The psp version will be missions based and can chose many different missions from the start , it seems that it missions will be small and maps wont be huge (Which fits for portable gaming)
Is this based on the Famitsu article or is this just your own assumption?

Haunted

oh god I just saw the scans for Valkyria.

What the hell, worst butchering of perfectly fine design work since the DS Castlevanias.

Top Bottom