• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life [3DS] is coming to US in october.

Jinko

Wished there was an official source other than it seems like Official Nintendo Magazine saying it lol, no offence to them, just want a more official source.

I mean I saw a Nintendo UK tweet that says October XD, guess we'll have to wait for more news and info.

Well its not unheard of, we did get Bravely default 2 months before the US, more would be nice.

Well its not unheard of, we did get Bravely default 2 months before the US, more would be nice.
Very true, but surprising if Europe gets it almost exactly a month before, the game is massive enough that EU players will still be on, but I'd rather the dates be near parity.
I'm sure other Europeans will be happy for it to be a month before NA though XD

Edit: Day 3's Treehouse Live of Fantasy Life is up:
http://youtu.be/Gh3CuSGaFRw

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I think when it comes to Level 5 stuff NoE is always quicker to deliver than NoA.

This game really caught my interest during the Treehouse Live, then I found out it's developed by 1-Up Studios (ex Brownie Brown, Mother 3) and Level 5. Now I can't wait to play it.

Hedge

This actually looks surprisingly interesting. Also Uematsu? Wow. Who did the artdirection for this game? I can only see it says Yoshitaka Amano, but I think that's just the logo, yes?

catmario

Only Problem is...

Can we meet japanese user with this US Version?

I don't have many US player in my 3DS to play this together. :(

I put over 60 hours into this game and man, it has a lot of content. Too much for my tastes, to be honest. I've only tried half the jobs and I haven't completed any of them. You'll probably have to put at least 120 hours into this game to do everything.

My one real complaint is the minigames for making potions, doing woodworking, doing smithing, and making clothes are all the same exact minigame. If they were all different it would be a lot less repetitive.

Hastati

Just saw the new trailer and opening movie for this game and fell in love with it...

Does anyone know what the difficulty level of Japanese is? I'm terrible at reading, but really want to try it out...

Doombear

Possibly silly question, but there is no reason to fear that there will NOT be an eShop release in NA right? I looked for actual confirmation and only see an aritcle saying it will hit the EU eShop on the 26th of September.

It is published by Nintendo, so chances are pretty good right? I wouldn't mind a retail copy and will actually be getting one for my daughter, but I would just prefer a digital version myself.

Anyone care to give a run down of the game? I can't seem to find very much info about it through searching.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6KjQD8nI9QZ7zJK3B-mw26auk9fIvldZ

About 19 different videos they did in their playlist for the Japanese release. Shows jobs, character creation and a fair amount of play. Spoilers in here of course, but you should be able to get a pretty decent idea of what the game is like from that.

Nintendo's Treehouse stream at E3 also, and will have fewer spoilers and the bonus that it is the English version of the game =P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh3CuSGaFRw

Anyone care to give a run down of the game? I can't seem to find very much info about it through searching.
Have you watched the newest trailer? The overview one posted above, should give you an idea of the thing but if you have further questions I can try to answer, would also help my FAQ for the OT.
Possibly silly question, but there is no reason to fear that there will NOT be an eShop release in NA right? I looked for actual confirmation and only see an aritcle saying it will hit the EU eShop on the 26th of September.

It is published by Nintendo, so chances are pretty good right? I wouldn't mind a retail copy and will actually be getting one for my daughter, but I would just prefer a digital version myself.
Nah no fear this game will definitely be released at retails and digitally.

Shauni

Thanks guy. I vaguely remember this at the E3 event, but it sort of got overshadowed by everything else (for me, anyway). Good to have the sources.

Meffer

But that's about 25 long novels. There's no way there's that much text. 2100 is still a hell of a lot but it's at least reasonable.

If he misspoke, it would've been corrected by now. Also, along with the main story quest, there are story quests for each Life. This game also has the Link expansion with has a sky island as a new area (with quests) as well as new monsters and items.

Maiar_m

There's a preorder for this on the fnac.com website for French players. You get magnets. It's not exactly the best pre-order gift ever, but hey.

Anyways, I'm still sort of hyped for this, it was my favourite E3 treehouse moment and it's bound to be fun. Being friendless, I hope I'll be able to manage the game on my own though.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
YAY \o/

Best news ever. Always wondered though : is there anything procedurally generated in this game ? For some reason I assumed some places were.

There's a preorder for this on the fnac.com website for French players. You get magnets. It's not exactly the best pre-order gift ever, but hey.

Anyways, I'm still sort of hyped for this, it was my favourite E3 treehouse moment and it's bound to be fun. Being friendless, I hope I'll be able to manage the game on my own though.

Oh snap ! I'm a seller in one of those in France, didn't even notice. Today I'm off, but tomorrow I'm gonna go pre-order the shit out of it :)

Maiar_m

YAY o/

Best news ever. Always wondered though : is there anything procedurally generated in this game ? For some reason I assumed some places were.

I don't think so, the whole map is known beforehand. Everybody has the same map, IIRC. It also seems huge even more so with the DLC!

Top Bottom