• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Sagitario

So I think I'm clever by StreetPassing myself 10 Wicked Bird Feathers to get 10-20 feathers and thus Lunares Gold Coins per day.

Turns out it might be possible to StreetPass 99 Poseiden Swordfish instead.

Now I feel dumb.

How? Can you use the same cartridge in two different consoles to SP yourself?
I also thought you can only receive the item just once [when the friendship is at maximum].

How? Can you use the same cartridge in two different consoles to SP yourself?
I also thought you can only receive the item just once [when the friendship is at maximum].
Yeah, same cart, with two (or more) consoles.

You can get a gift once per StreetPass. Once you achieve max friendship with a certain person, each time you pass that person you will instantly get their gift when you talk to them.

It is as broken as it sounds, but not everybody has two 3DSes : P

EDIT: I'll post screens or a video after I've done the exploit again...

Ventara

You can get a gift once per StreetPass. Once you achieve max friendship with a certain person, each time you pass that person you will instantly get their gift when you talk to them.

Oh, wow, I had no idea about this. I've been pretty much ignoring any multiplayer aspect of this game. I'll try this out with my brother's 2DS later.

So how do you Streetpass multiple times? Put them beside each other, then separate them and put them beside each other again? How far do you need to separate them?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Finished the main story after 28 hours and 25 levels. I liked the simple, but charming story. Thought it was really cute whenever some NPC would gets an exclamation mark and jump up in surprise - and even better when a whole room of NPCs does it :) Only bothered to be Alchemist and Cook. Now doing the rest of the lives.

One thing I do find a bit tedious is remembering where drops are or which shop has whatever item. I really should write it down or something.

Oh, wow, I had no idea about this. I've been pretty much ignoring any multiplayer aspect of this game. I'll try this out with my brother's 2DS later.

So how do you Streetpass multiple times? Put them beside each other, then separate them and put them beside each other again? How far do you need to separate them?
I usually have mine in the same room or side by side and it usually works. The cooldown time is about 8 hours, so you can StreetPass yourself 2 times per day (or 3 if you're really diligent).

Only thing you need to remember is that if you have DLC and try to send DLC-exclusive items, the other person must have DLC too to receive it.

As it happens, my sister has the DLC too, hence how I can StreetPass the quest items for the God requests.

If you don't have DLC, 99 Black Onyxes will make anyone rich XD

Second tower done.

Do I have to be level 100 to access the third one?

Apparently. I was way past 100 by that time, so I'm not sure.

Oxx

The tower bosses haven't been too tough so far. Groups of 3+ regular enemies have been harder to deal with.

Sagitario

I had no idea. Thank you!

Meier

Just became a Master Woodcutter and rather than go to the party cutscene the screen went black. Shit. No clue when I last saved it...anyone encountered this bug before? :(

adroit

Just became a Master Woodcutter and rather than go to the party cutscene the screen went black. Shit. No clue when I last saved it...anyone encountered this bug before? :(
I haven't had a crash yet but I read on Miiverse that someone tried to post a picture leveling up one of the tedious crafting Lives and Miiverse hung on them so they had to redo all the crafting to level up again. That really blows chow.

I've got NPCs asking me for items and then refusing to take or acknowledge them. Anyone else experienced this?

I beat the game story and DLC. I think I'm a hero miner and paladin at this point, as well as master in a number of other things. Level 70.

Duglas the master miner is asking me for a diamond but I can't give it to him. I have one in my inventory but he just keeps asking me for it, there's no quest, no challenge to mine a diamond, no butterfly request, nothing.

Currently a miner, I go up to him with a diamond in my inventory:

LsMSQ31.jpg

HU9Crh1.jpg

3eIk6eM.jpg

QRFGGW4.jpg

HygV8pd.jpg

IPCWev1.jpg

uzTTGbi.jpg

Additionally the paladin NPC who runs the outdoor restaurant has asked me for a pear in a similar manner, the pear was in red text, but there was no associated quest or anything.

What's up with this? A bug or something?

Kinvara

I haven't had a crash yet but I read on Miiverse that someone tried to post a picture leveling up one of the tedious crafting Lives and Miiverse hung on them so they had to redo all the crafting to level up again. That really blows chow.

Is there a method to make leveling up in the crafting lives easier?

So many of them require you to get a skill at level 15.

adroit

I think there are some items which increase how much EXP you get from crafting but I don't know if that translates into faster skill growth. It seems from reading people's posts that leveling crafting skills is just plain tedious. I certainly did it the hard way. But I made a lot of food I could use for HP and SP in battle and I sold a lot of other stuff for dosh. So at least you get something for all that work.

Edit: Geez, I deliberately wait hours for someone else to post a better response and no one does. Then when I finally post my meager info, BOOM, a bunch of better answers suddenly appear. I should have waited longer. XD

Ventara

After you finish the game, you can apparently buy some items from Pam with Lunares coins that give you 2x experience. I haven't gotten it yet, so I'm not sure on the specifics, but I will try to get it soon myself since I want to get my Cooking Life to Legend.

Weird. But I didn't see a challenge for it and if there had been one, I already completed it. Not sure why he's still asking for it.

They still give you the chat about the challenges even if you have done them already, only difference is you don't get the popup after that says Challenge Unlocked or whatever, since it's already done. This happens pretty often with gathering challenges. It's probably in your completed list you could check. The pear one is similar, especially if you didn't level paladin first, since you can collect all the fruits on another life then when you switch to paladin they'll all be completed but a bunch of them are given by NPCs so they'll tell you to go collect stuff, just don't bother.

There's items in the DLC stuff, you need 2 gold coins per item and they double the xp you get for the skills in that particular life. Need to finish the DLC story to unlock the Lunares coin content, and getting the coins can be annoying if you don't have an angler to god which is the easiest to gear up to do the god request which rewards 1 coin.

Alternatively you can just grind it, just auto craft a bunch of stuff, it doesn't take that long, invest all your money in materials and craft a bunch of the highest difficulty items you can make, even at normal quality items sell for more than the materials costs. Once you unlock auto it goes faster. The most annoying is Tailor since you can't do stacks of stuff, but cooking and alchemy go pretty fast if you do stacks of 10 with auto craft.

Weird. But I didn't see a challenge for it and if there had been one, I already completed it. Not sure why he's still asking for it.
When Life related NPCs give you challenges, it's not the same as requests from random NPCs. You complete the request on your own (you don't actually have to bring them anything), and they'll keep talking about the quest until you level up to the next rank. (Even if you have completed the challenge already.)

Meier

I became a Hero Paladin and the armor you get is pretty awesome. Also got the sword for beating the game that is pretty slick.

Might make beating some of the enemies I mentioned before easier, but I swear I am getting tendinitis in my thumb from this game. Gotta take a break from it for a day or two! Bought the DLC so looking forward to checking that out.

Got this game the other day after seeing a friend play it and it's everything I wanted out of a Animal Crossing type of game. I did have some questions though. So I started as a Paladin, and leveled up a few times. If I switch life to a craft person, and level up another two levels, does that add to my overall level and thus results in you only being able to learned limited sets of moves from all the classes?

Anyways, this game is like digital crack!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Got this game the other day after seeing a friend play it and it's everything I wanted out of a Animal Crossing type of game. I did have some questions though. So I started as a Paladin, and leveled up a few times. If I switch life to a craft person, and level up another two levels, does that add to my overall level and thus results in you only being able to learned limited sets of moves from all the classes?

Anyways, this game is like digital crack!

Everything you do contributes to your character level. Your Life classes strictly level up from doing quests, so you're never going to be locked out of anything. Even if you reached the max character level and then started playing as another Life, nothing would prevent you from maxing out as that Life.

Everything you do contributes to your character level. Your Life classes strictly level up from doing quests, so you're never going to be locked out of anything. Even if you reached the max character level and then started playing as another Life, nothing would prevent you from maxing out as that Life.

Very awesome news. So I can mix and match as much as I want. Does each class have their own storyline quests or do they all merge together for the story aspect?

Niraj

Each Life (i.e. job class) has its own overarching story that has nothing to do with the main plot. Hell part of the Paladin Life quest goes completely against the story!

Yeah, I probably should have been clearer than I was, meant the main storyline. And yes, that's true lol.

Oh damn maybe a Paladin as the wrong first choice then lol.
Actually Paladin is one of the better ones since a shield buffs defense and swords are the best weapon.
Most of the quests are "go to this area and A) kill * _ times or B) get *'s bounty"
Really most of the class quests are completely against the story quests. Sometimes you get more just exploring around collecting stuff. I suggest Blacksmith and Miner for your Paladin though since making your own equipment is awesome. Plus most quests for them can be completed as a Paladin.
You will find yourself only going through the story to get allies.

Actually Paladin is one of the better ones since a shield buffs defense and swords are the best weapon.
Most of the quests are "go to this area and A) kill * _ times or B) get *'s bounty"
Really most of the class quests are completely against the story quests. Sometimes you get more just exploring around collecting stuff. I suggest Blacksmith and Miner for your Paladin though since making your own equipment is awesome. Plus most quests for them can be completed as a Paladin.
You will find yourself only going through the story to get allies.

Sounds good. So the way I'm taking it is that switching lifes is pretty much the equivalent to changing jobs classes in something like FF. So if I'm a miner, I can mine stuff, if I learn the trait, switch to Paladin, then I can mine whenever I want... did I get that right? :p

Sounds good. So the way I'm taking it is that switching lifes is pretty much the equivalent to changing jobs classes in something like FF. So if I'm a miner, I can mine stuff, if I learn the trait, switch to Paladin, then I can mine whenever I want... did I get that right? :p
Correct. There are some quests that force you to be a role, but it is mainly the first four classes on the top row. You will find that 60% of the time you will get a "quest complete" notification just gathering things. Although to claim your reward (Report to your Master), you have to be that class. So I suggest just doing them in bundles to avoid having to switch consistently.

But yeah you can be a Mage wielding a Claymore. The game has no limits on what you can equip if you got the skill.

Edit: I also agree with you. This is what I wanted out of Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon. Too bad the house customization is so limited. Maybe Fantasy Life 2 will go all out on a grand home.

Correct. There are some quests that force you to be a role, but it is mainly the first four classes on the top row. You will find that 60% of the time you will get a "quest complete" notification just gathering things. Although to claim your reward, you have to be that class. So I suggest just doing them in bundles to avoid having to switch consistently.

Good info, appreciate all the feedback folks. This was a surprise gem for me. I've always wanted a game like Animal Crossing, but there just wasn't enough to hold me and push me to keep playing Animal Crossing and Fantasy Life just provides all the right things for me. Such a treat.

I love all the incentives you get for ranking up Life Classes. All the new skills, playable characters, the Master songs, the Hero armor sets, etc.

Makes it so damn satisfying. :)

Oxx

It's pretty crazy that there is still so much of the game that I haven't seen yet even after 80 hours.

I've only tried 7 lives, so there are all those other characters/quests/items/mini-games un-touched.

50+ Gold coins tossed into the Port Puerto fountain and I finally get the Furia del Mar!

furia.png

Still need the Sea King's armour though...

The items should become easier to get now, after I got these by StreetPassing myself...

fish99.png

50+ Gold coins tossed into the Port Puerto fountain and I finally get the Furia del Mar!

furia.png

The items should become easier to get now, after I got these by StreetPassing myself...

fish99.png

Holy crap, is this all randomized? I'm just busy pushing cook up to creator status and haven't even really done Lunares coins.

Kinvara

I want to get the crab mount using Lunares coins but I've seen pictures but no description of what item you need to unlock it.

I bought this but I can't bring myself to start it just from what I've read about the repetitiveness.
Huh, what have you read?

The game can be repetitive, but mostly in an enjoyable way. Like a MMO but less of a grind.

I want to get the crab mount using Lunares coins but I've seen pictures but no description of what item you need to unlock it.
Only item you need are Lunares Gold Coins or maybe even Silver Coins.

I probably have a spare crap mount saddle somewhere (can't check because I'm currently in Pokemon).

Holy crap, is this all randomized? I'm just busy pushing cook up to creator status and haven't even really done Lunares coins.

Yeah, it sucks. Probably worse part of the game. I got three Buccaneer's Outfit in a row for my first few coins yesterday.

It sucks more considering you need to do random tasks or God-level tasks to get the coins.

Hence why I'm just cheesing the coins now XD

(If you can't find a particular item, just ask and I'll have a look.)

bobawesome

I love all the incentives you get for ranking up Life Classes. All the new skills, playable characters, the Master songs, the Hero armor sets, etc.

Makes it so damn satisfying. :)

The only thing that kills it for me is how ugly I find most of the Hero armor sets.

"Oh, awesome! I finally got the Angler life to Hero I can't wait to see what I look li-
oh, a whale hat. That's something, I suppose.
"

I bought this but I can't bring myself to start it just from what I've read about the repetitiveness.

The worst part is
in
arguably the story. Gameplay is fine to me.

The only thing that kills it for me is how ugly I find most of the Hero armor sets.

"Oh, awesome! I finally got the Angler life to Hero I can't wait to see what I look li-
oh, a whale hat. That's something, I suppose.
"
Aw, the
whale hat
is one of my favs. :(

Niraj

The items should become easier to get now, after I got these by StreetPassing myself..

I'm pretty sure I have an extra sea lord's armor if you want it. Just let me know.

Top Bottom