• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

oh snap, a game with Yoshitaka Amano and Uematsu came out this year and I didn't know about it. It sucks that it has to be on the 3DS. That always seems to happen.

tuffy

Finally got around to finishing the main story and it wasn't half bad when taken in small doses. The problem is that finishing so many of the story segments is just a matter of following the red arrows, talking to people and reading dialogue. I can understand the developers want the game to be beatable with any life, so there's no required boss battles or crafting challenges, but it might've been better if they threw in some puzzles or something to keep the player engaged.

Mastered hunter, miner and blacksmith so far. Once I finish up woodcutter and carpenter, then maybe I'll go back and work on all the other jobs I've been neglecting.

tm24

I'm not sure I understand. It costs more to make 10 at a time. You use 10 of each ingredient (times the number you need for the recipe) and get only one extra (if you craft well). If you do one at a time, you get one extra every time you craft.

But time is a factor. I decided that i have enough dosh to get enough to make 200 of each recipes and was able to auto+ 10 at a time and blitz through 2 of the level 15 challenges

tm24

Got to Creator in Merc. Ophelia is fucking broken. Just spam maxheal dusts. The investment in buying them is tiny compared to the payoffs

Robin64

New code for Europe to add to the list.

B5DkchrIIAIjt5S.png:medium

Only like 7 hours in, but the writing in this game is surprisingly endearing. Really digging the humor.

Was not expecting there to be much actual conflict, so it's interesting to see that play out.

watershed

Banned
About 60 hours into the game, already beat the main story, and I think my time with Fantasy Life is finally coming to an end. Great game. A lot of fun. Would buy a sequel.

tm24

Woo, creator rank in Paladan, Merc, Wizard and Angler. Put those Poseidon Swordfish to use and got everything i wanted from the vendor and now playing the Lunares slots. Got everything i wanted out of the Port Puerto one, need the sword from Castele and have 26 coins to get the bow and armor from Elderwood and everything from Al Maajik

Gurrry

Just got the game today! Really loving it so far. I went mage to start but want to try something random like cooking too.

Does everyone here have the expansion? I havent bought it yet, and not sure if I will... but id still like to try and play with gaffers.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Just got the game today! Really loving it so far. I went mage to start but want to try something random like cooking too.

Does everyone here have the expansion? I havent bought it yet, and not sure if I will... but id still like to try and play with gaffers.

I would guess most people do. It really adds a decent amount, I was really satisfied with it.

As someone who usually enjoys something like Animal Crossing for a week or two and then gets bored by the reptition and the grind is there enough original content and gameplay in this game to keep it interesting?

I find the DLC to be extremely substantial and that it adds to the game immensely. One of the best DLC upgrades I've ever purchased.

If you do plan to get it, don't wait, because there is content you'll have access to during the main campaign as well, not just post game.

A whole bunch more codes for Europe today! They're really blitzing through these now.

Chimneypot Claus (Christmas furniture)
Snowman-ia! (Snowman)
Winter wonders (Christmas outfit)
Snow joke (Snow outfit)

Edit: And another one via Twitter!

Croakie doakie (Puddle mat)
I'm jealous at how much they like showering the EU with codes. :/

On another note, best pal is moving soon and doesn't need any more physical games so I picked up an eShop card and listed instructions that she is to buy this game with the DLC. So that'll be one more adventurer in the world after Christmas to StreetPass.

I was taking screenshots of all the different pets and holy moly is the dialogue when you return a pet absolutely brutal! As it should be though.

I made sure not to save because I could never return my digital pets. :(

Chidori00

Banned
Getting this game christmas day!! So excited! Any tips for starting out like what class would be best in the beginning?
Edit: Also here's my friend code if anyone wants to do some online: 0731 5726 2116. And one more question, is it recommended to buy the DLC? Do most Gaffers have it? I'm wondering because I wouldn't be able to play with those who do own it.

Getting this game christmas day!! So excited! Any tips for starting out like what class would be best in the beginning?
Which ever one appeals to you most. Switching is extremely easy and highly encouraged.

I would suggest getting all the licenses at the beginning, especially for the gathering classes though. (Woodcutter, Angler & Miner.)

Zing

Banned
Which ever one appeals to you most. Switching is extremely easy and highly encouraged.

I would suggest getting all the licenses at the beginning, especially for the gathering classes though. (Woodcutter, Angler & Miner.)
Ugh. I went for only four classes from the beginning, and that almost made me quit. I can't imagine trying to get them all going.

Ugh. I went for only four classes from the beginning, and that almost made me quit. I can't imagine trying to get them all going.

It took me three hours to do all twelve but that was with playing every single tutorial.
It'd take maybe an hour or so to go through and get them all since you can skip the tutorials and get the exact same benefits.

JNA

Banned
I got the game for my birthday recently and will try it out very soon,

Is there anything I should know IMMEDIATELY before I begin? Like any DLCs? How are the jobs that don't involve hunting dragons and stuff XD?

Delstius

Is there anything I should know IMMEDIATELY before I begin? Like any DLCs? How are the jobs that don't involve hunting dragons and stuff XD?

Do your first job tutorial, then unlock at least every gathering job. You can skip their respective tutorial cause it's really tedious.
After that, enjoy doing whatever you want at your own pace for countless hours.

You can think about the DLC way later.

bobawesome

The DLC is mostly end-game content (you can't unlock the new area until you're level 50 and have beaten the game, if I'm remembering correctly) but you unlock a few things from the beginning, such as more customization options when creating a character.

Read the OT, all the DLC including what you get when is detailed there.

Personally, if you plan to get the DLC I'd get it ASAP so you can make use of the available content. The friendship system, extra storage and extra houses are especially useful during the main campaign, plus the added customization parts are nice to have access to.

So I just had the Lunares EX tale begin, but as far as I'm aware I haven't activated the post-game DLC as my skills cap is still at 15 and rank caps at Legendary.

Is it safe to do these EX tales without removing this cap, or will doing so automatically activate/unlock everything else?

addik

After much mulling, I decided to get this game (though the store next to where I'm at has no copies. I did see a bunch of copies in another store). I have been interested in this game, but I never realized that this game had Yoshitako Amano and Uematsu working together again (which sold me on the game, honestly).

Hold me GAF, I am excite.

I got this game for Christmas! I'm liking it so far, but I've been playing for about two hours now and this tutorial is still going on. Most of the dialog is not interesting...I just want to chop some damn trees!

I got this game for Christmas! I'm liking it so far, but I've been playing for about two hours now and this tutorial is still going on. Most of the dialog is not interesting...I just want to chop some damn trees!

Helped my daughter get through the tutorial, felt like I read through a novel.

JNA

Banned
For some reason I can't make up my mind on which combat life to be. I've been crafting and gathering as well as trying out all the combat classes and none of them really stand out to me as something I 100% want to do.

Here is what I do or do not know.

- I do not 100% want to be a Wizard. Lot of activities seem to use SP and Wizards rely on it so that's a no go.
- I want to pick a class that does the most damage (disregarding Wizard of course).
- So far I like Paladin for their speed and Hunter for their Range.
- Merc looks cool but in the tutorial I was so slow. Not sure if I really want to pick that but I'm not fully against it either.

Anybody wanna help me pick a Combat class based on my thoughts here? 0_0

For some reason I can't make up my mind on which combat life to be. I've been crafting and gathering as well as trying out all the combat classes and none of them really stand out to me as something I 100% want to do.

Here is what I do or do not know.

- I do not 100% want to be a Wizard. Lot of activities seem to use SP and Wizards rely on it so that's a no go.
- I want to pick a class that does the most damage (disregarding Wizard of course).
- So far I like Paladin for their speed and Hunter for their Range.
- Merc looks cool but in the tutorial I was so slow. Not sure if I really want to pick that but I'm not fully against it either.

Anybody wanna help me pick a Combat class based on my thoughts here? 0_0
Merc does the most damage, easily.

Top Bottom