• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

I'm a bit disappointed that some of my favorite looking equipment in the base game is tied to the password system. How weird to not have it locked away in a shop.

Don't worry, I won't hold it against you. :p
They should let you "meld" armor together. As long as it's the same type you should be able to transfer stats from strong armor onto pieces you like aesthetically. It would be a cool endgame feature IMO.

Also, you'll learn to love the
whale
one day. @-@

Oxx

Thread dying-out before we even get to Community (again).

I managed to get to level 7 of the Trial of Light before running out of revives. Hopefully I can make some armour to slightly improve my chances.

Alright so I was initially really excited about this game. Kind of lost interest before it came out with a bunch of other games being released in the same time frame. However, I've finally gotten sucked in. So much to do in this game. I've been playing for 30+ hours and i'm not even level 50 yet. Only have 4 lives to the master rank and haven't touched anything else. Slowed down a bit and stopped worrying about completing the story line quickly. Only progressing the story to have access to new locations and items.

Kinvara

Holy crap, is this all randomized? I'm just busy pushing cook up to creator status and haven't even really done Lunares coins.

Finally unlocked the Lunares coins. It's not completely random.

For example, I spent some coins at the Origin Island Fountain.

I received earth mana +, loot pack, first aid pack, and a golden dragon costume. Reset the game to see if I could get something different. I received those same items in EXACTLY the same order.

Did it 3 times just to make sure.

I'm guessing the prizes reset every 24 hours?

Finally unlocked the Lunares coins. It's not completely random.

For example, I spent some coins at the Origin Island Fountain.

I received earth mana +, loot pack, first aid pack, and a golden dragon costume. Reset the game to see if I could get something different. I received those same items in EXACTLY the same order.

Did it 3 times just to make sure.

I'm guessing the prizes reset every 24 hours?

I believe the seed is fixed, but when I meant randomised, I meant you don't know what you'll get until you try (the first time, at least) and you can't pick what item you want either.

Why did I ever start playing this game

I recommended it to a few friends so we could all play together. It's consuming us. Alpha Sapphire is sitting here barely touched and Persona Q hasn't even been opened yet. I was looking way more forward to those games than this one, and I was expecting this game to hold me over until they came out but now... christ.

master wizard in the house

Ventara

Wait, so Lunares prizes are set? It's not randomized? I haven't tried it yet, but once you get a prize, is it taken out if the prize pool? Or can you get duplicates?

Why did I ever start playing this game

I recommended it to a few friends so we could all play together. It's consuming us. Alpha Sapphire is sitting here barely touched and Persona Q hasn't even been opened yet. I was looking way more forward to those games than this one, and I was expecting this game to hold me over until they came out but now... christ.

master wizard in the house

I know what you mean. I've been playing nothing else since this released. This is definitely my favorite 3DS game.

daydream

Banned
Wait, so Lunares prizes are set? It's not randomized? I haven't tried it yet, but once you get a prize, is it taken out if the prize pool? Or can you get duplicates?

It's random, you can get duplicates. Honestly, I don't think I'll bother too much with the Lunares Coins. I won't really need the items, and it being random is dumb.

Currently taking a break from this game but when I come back, I want to achieve God rank in every job at which point I'll consider the game done. (This will take a LOT of time, mind. After 70 hours I've only started three jobs.)

As explained, it's random, though what's random is it generated a seed that basically tells the game every drop in order you'll get from the start. Which means resetting doesn't help, it won't ever change, but what you get will be different if you play another save or if someone else is playing. The only thing you could game is if you need specific items from various fountains, then you could figure out which fountains gives you the best items the earliest by checking each of them. If you only need a few specific items though that'd probably not help much.

Not a big fan of the system, luckily I didn't really need anything from the fountains anyway and just crafted all my stuff, the only things I used coins on were pride accessories, xp shoes, double loot gloves and special gauge ring.

Kinvara

I believe the seed is fixed, but when I meant randomised, I meant you don't know what you'll get until you try (the first time, at least) and you can't pick what item you want either.

As explained, it's random, though what's random is it generated a seed that basically tells the game every drop in order you'll get from the start. Which means resetting doesn't help, it won't ever change, but what you get will be different if you play another save or if someone else is playing. The only thing you could game is if you need specific items from various fountains, then you could figure out which fountains gives you the best items the earliest by checking each of them. If you only need a few specific items though that'd probably not help much.

Not a big fan of the system, luckily I didn't really need anything from the fountains anyway and just crafted all my stuff, the only things I used coins on were pride accessories, xp shoes, double loot gloves and special gauge ring.

I see.

That's kind of a pain since there were a few specific items that I wanted to get.

I suppose I'll just have to hope I got a good seed...

Hit Hero in the mercenary life. Was checking the challenges that are up next and
there are only 2 - one killing a shadowsaurus and the other to kill 5 shadow sharks.
Is that right?

No. It just seemed like a low number. It goes from Hero to Legend to God rank?

EDIT: I think i'm good to go now. Thanks.

There's only 2 but unlike the previous ranks, you need to complete every other challenges in the previous tiers to actually get the points, that's why they didn't bother I guess since a lot of people get to hero without completing some of the most annoying ones, so they still have those to work on. And there's a tier before God, God-in-training, which is basically the same as Legendary(no challenges from legend to god-in-training), only that you get access to the new challenges and recipes to reach God.

Ventara

Got Cooking to Legendary. The grind wasn't anywhere as bad as some made it out to be. It was actually pretty quick and easy. But I did have the 2x exp brooch on, so maybe that was enough to not make it a chore for me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Got Cooking to Legendary. The grind wasn't anywhere as bad as some made it out to be. It was actually pretty quick and easy. But I did have the 2x exp brooch on, so maybe that was enough to not make it a chore for me.

It's the worst of the jobs and truly awful without the DLC, but still fairly breezy compared to grinding jobs in most MMOs for example. Just time consuming.

Without the DLC though you have no easy access to the best meat nor do you have the 2x skill ups.

Tailoring is also bad without DLC as you need light and shadow mana and can't buy it. Got to farm Calamitus and the Light Spirit.

Ventara

It's the worst of the jobs and truly awful without the DLC, but still fairly breezy compared to grinding jobs in most MMOs for example. Just time consuming.

Without the DLC though you have no easy access to the best meat nor do you have the 2x skill ups.

Tailoring is also bad without DLC as you need light and shadow mana and can't buy it. Got to farm Calamitus and the Light Spirit.

Ah, you're right. Didn't think about being able to buy the ingredients. Those would be a pain to farm.

But you can buy Monster Meat from Al Majiik, so cooking shouldn't be too bad.

Is there a list of what codes have been officially released for US players? I know about the master list, I just want the ones actually thumbed up by nintendo/level 5 so far.

Linius

Is there a list of what codes have been officially released for US players? I know about the master list, I just want the ones actually thumbed up by nintendo/level 5 so far.

Think you'll have to check the Facebook page for US players. Or whatever they use over there. We only have the list with everything. In Europe NoE has been posting codes on Twitter.

Nooo, my master plan is ruined.

I cloned a couple of Princess dresses using StreetPass and was going to dye a rainbow set, but they don't count as "your" items when you receive them back, even though the maker is still me : (

I don't think anybody's been tracking the officially released ones.
Personally, I've seen the ones in the pamphlets in Walmart and the eShop page for the game has a password on it.
Other than that they've just been very sparingly released.

Robin64

Actually I've been keeping track, though it's hard for me to get the US codes as you can imagine. If I missed any (someone said there was one on the eShop? Thanks to eudaemonic for the eShop code) then let me know. I'll update. But here we go...

The European ones I list require your game to be set to English.

fltitlemjukg.png

Europe

Seasick sailors (Sailor's outfit)
Fun in the sun (Summer outfit)
Fiery fiend (Demon outfit)
Trick or treat? (Spooky furniture)
Toil and trouble (Witch's hat)
Jack-o'-Lantern (Pumpkin hat)
A bit sheepish (Sheep outfit)
Buckin' bronco (Cowboy outfit)
Huggable rug (Heart rug)
Tiny treat (Choco mat)
Angelic chorus (Angel outfit)
Splish splosh (Paddling pool)
All dolled up (Fairy doll)
On the ball (Football mat)
Sandy snuggles (Camel toy)
Chimneypot Claus (Christmas furniture)
Snowman-ia! (Snowman)
Winter wonders (Festive outfit)
Snow joke (Snow outfit)
Croakie dokie (Weather furniture)
Surf's up! (Deckchair bed)
Sweet treats (Sweet furniture)
Dragon tamer (Dragon suit)
Timid turtle (Turtle toy)
Vanishing act (Ninja outfit)
Yummy honey bear (Teddy)
Laura lookalike (Laura's hat)
Lady of the ball (Dancer outfit)
Fluffkin facade (Fluffkin outfit)
All of a flutter (Yuelia's outfit)
Princely threads (Princely outfit)
At your service (Butler outfit)
Frilliant! (Frilly outfit)
Abracadabra (Mystery outfit)
Spring flowers (Spring wreath)
Prickly poser (Cactus outfit)

America

I'm finished! (Angel outfit)
Snow daze! (Winter outfit)
Sweet furniture (Sweet furniture)
Exceedingly cute (Cute outfit)
Wanna build me? (Snowman furniture)
Fired up! (Dragon suit)
Just add cookies (Festive furniture)
Stay frosty! (Snow outfit)

I may have missed some and if I have, just let me know.

BooJoh

Actually I've been keeping track, though it's hard for me to get the US codes as you can imagine. If I missed any (someone said there was one on the eShop? Thanks to eudaemonic for the eShop code) then let me know. I'll update. But here we go...

Officially Released Fantasy Life Passwords

Europe

Seasick sailors (Sailor's outfit)
Fun in the sun (Summer outfit)
Fiery fiend (Demon outfit)
Trick or treat? (Spooky furniture)
Toil and trouble (Witch's hat)
Jack-o'-Lantern (Pumpkin hat)
A bit sheepish (Sheep outfit)
Buckin' bronco (Cowboy hat)
Huggable rug (Heart rug)
Tiny treat (Choco mat)
Angelic chorus (Halo)
Splish splosh (Paddling pool)

America

I'm finished! (Angel outfit)
Snow daze! (Winter outfit)
Sweet furniture (Sweet furniture)
Exceedingly cute (Cute outfit)
Wanna build me? (Snowman furniture)
Fired up! (Dragon suit)

I may have missed some and if I have, just let me know.

You can add "Just add cookies" to the NA list.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYMHAAACAAADVHhnmVi9Jw

Ventara

So I still need to get all my Lives to Creator and max a bunch of other stuff, but I think I'll be taking a bit of a break. 140 hours in and I think I need to play something else to keep things fresh. I think what got me was grinding for Lunares Coins.

But I'll be back, though. Thankfully, this game seems really easy to get back into, unlike Rune Factory 4 (still need to finish that one).

Edit: Whoah, wait, what? Any of you have 99x Poseidon Fish so that I can get 99 Gold Lunares coins? How does that work anyway? I though Pam had to give you a request for one?

Edit: Whoah, wait, what? Any of you have 99x Poseidon Fish so that I can get 99 Gold Lunares coins? How does that work anyway? I though Pam had to give you a request for one?

Yeah, I have some stacks I haven't used. I almost have every Lunares item I need now : P

First you must be a Creator Angler, then you'll get a quest from your master to reel in a Poseidon Swordfish.

Then just keep accepting the quest and handing in the swordfish. It takes a while still, but it's much faster than fishing the thing... or anything, really.

Haven't had a ton of time to play due to work, but still loving every second of it. Trying to get every Life to Legend now before starting the DLC.

(Psst, I'd be more than happy to take any extra Poseidon Fish too please...)

Just started playing this game. It's pretty cool so far :)

Started out as a Blacksmith, but switched to the gathering Lives as I balked at having to buy materials...

tm24

Ugh at Legend cooking challenges. So I figured out what recipes to do, but i cant figure out which is faster, one at a time or 10x and if the extra dosh from 10x is worth the slight exp loss.

Linius

You will be swimming in dosh throughout the entire game. Don't feel bad about buying stuff.

I think that depends on how you play. It took me a long time to get into some serious dosh. Usually after buying another house I had to start almost from scratch. I did make enough dosh to just play the game and not having to grind to buy stuff. But I was far from rich.

adroit

Ugh at Legend cooking challenges. So I figured out what recipes to do, but i cant figure out which is faster, one at a time or 10x and if the extra dosh from 10x is worth the slight exp loss.
I'm not sure I understand. It costs more to make 10 at a time. You use 10 of each ingredient (times the number you need for the recipe) and get only one extra (if you craft well). If you do one at a time, you get one extra every time you craft.

Top Bottom