• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

mstevens

I'm 50 stars short of finishing Adept (to become Expert) on Paladin and there are no more challenges listed in my quest log...

edit: Oh, I see.. the "?" shows people that give you more challenge. Not sure how I missed that.

Seil

Hit Creator in all lives last night, so that's cool. Still have some farming for gear, completing requests and collecting Lunares Coin items to do though.

I'm 50 stars short of finishing Adept (to become Expert) on Paladin and there are no more challenges listed in my quest log...

edit: Oh, I see.. the "?" shows people that give you more challenge. Not sure how I missed that.

Yeah, NPCs related to a given Life will give you new challenges, information and gifts as you progress through the ranks. Some will also become available as allies you can add to your party.

Tripon

You can also do locked challenges in a given class. So if you are in a new area, just start killing stuff and see if something unlocks.

addyb

Grrr was all set to get this from my local argos and now all of a sudden it's vanished from their online store?

Still want it but looking around for the best price :) (UK)

mstevens

You can also do locked challenges in a given class. So if you are in a new area, just start killing stuff and see if something unlocks.

Oh you don't have to have it in your list? I'll just look and see what some others are online and do them then. Thanks!

Linius

yyeWYlM.png

Here's another one for Europe.

Tripon

Can somebody give me some advice on how to execute the Tornado Shot for Mercenary? Doing combos in this game is frustrating, since its just pressing A over and over again.

Can somebody give me some advice on how to execute the Tornado Shot for Mercenary? Doing combos in this game is frustrating, since its just pressing A over and over again.

It's just weird timing. I think you pretty much have to memorize each point of animation where you hit the button. Eventually you get a feel for it and it's automatic. It's definitely not a steady rhythm.

The thing about Tornado shot it it's super easy to do a different move on accident when you do it.
If you time your hits to do the side, side, down, spin attack you'll be surrounded by a tornado.
Time it so it goes side, side, down, then at the last second before the third swing you have to hit A again and you'll launch the tornados instead of being surrounded by them.

That was probably confusing but I had trouble with that quest too until I read up on it.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Man, the tailor life is quite tedious. Lots of memorising of which ingredients you need (buttons/fabric/etc) for each thing then going to a shop to get them. It's not stuff you'd normally have on hand, either, like seashell buttons or random stuff like that. It's necessary for higher blacksmith ranks, though right?

xxczx

Man, the tailor life is quite tedious. Lots of memorising of which ingredients you need (buttons/fabric/etc) for each thing then going to a shop to get them. It's not stuff you'd normally have on hand, either, like seashell buttons or random stuff like that. It's necessary for higher blacksmith ranks, though right?
Yeah, you'll need Stardust Linen for Blacksmith ranks. I posted this on the last page, it'll help with crafting
Just in case people don't know about this site: http://reveriaexplorer.com/
It is amazing and extremely helpful, while Wiki will go a little more in depth about items, skills, monsters, ReveriaExplorer just gets the job done.

Gatherer is my go to when doing crafting lives. Tell it where you are in the game so far, what you want to do (like do all of the Master Blacksmithing quests) and it will tell you what you need and where to get it.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Oh, wow - thanks very much for that Gatherer link. That's insane! The other one has been invaluable but this seems even better.

addyb

Wife bought me this for my birthday today :)
Started off as an angler. Pretty good so far. It's starting to dig it's claws in lol.

addyb

forgive my noob question as I've only just got the game but where do I enter these codes in game. Is it also just one at a time being active or can I enter them all.

Robin64

forgive my noob question as I've only just got the game but where do I enter these codes in game. Is it also just one at a time being active or can I enter them all.

You go to the post office in the first town. Once you enter the code, you get the items and then can input another. No limit.

addyb

You go to the post office in the first town. Once you enter the code, you get the items and then can input another. No limit.

Thanks mate. Really enjoying this game. Only level 5 and not tried a different life yet but it's very addictive so far.

Tripon

Can somebody give me advice on how to survive against the Pumpking, and every other God/Creator missions? I'm getting murdered, my allies are getting murdered. I feel like I'm underpowered despite being over level 100.

Chaos17

Can somebody give me advice on how to survive against the Pumpking, and every other God/Creator missions? I'm getting murdered, my allies are getting murdered. I feel like I'm underpowered despite being over level 100.

Those bosse are for lvl 120+ specially the combat classes bosses and even at level 150, the dragon might till kick your ass lol.

VandalD

Pretty sure those are the toughest things to fight in the game. Not even the tower kicked my ass as much as the regular enemies that hang around after you've taken the creator quests.

addyb

So how have people been playing this. I started as an angler and got myself up 2 levels on that career path and level 8 overall and now I've just switched to the blacksmith. Which of course has opened up even more challenges etc. Question is should I be sticking to say 2 lives for now or open more up? I guess I don't want to be doing too little or taking on too much.

Or does all of the above just not matter at all?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So how have people been playing this. I started as an angler and got myself up 2 levels on that career path and level 8 overall and now I've just switched to the blacksmith. Which of course has opened up even more challenges etc. Question is should I be sticking to say 2 lives for now or open more up? I guess I don't want to be doing too little or taking on too much.

It's really up to you. I tried to level everything up evenly, but some people just pick a few and stick with those. I would at least recommend starting the woodcutter and miner just so you can gather those materials no matter what Life you're playing as.

Like Niraj said, it really is up to you. I started by taking the hunter class, leveling a little bit, then switched over and worked on the gathering and professions a ton cause I really dig those. Haven't bothered leveling any other combat class yet.

addyb

Thanks guys. Yes I noticed when I became a blacksmith it would be beneficial to be a woodcutter and miner as well from the materials point of view. Guess I'll just keep going the way i am with the blacksmith and then change again when I think I've had enough of that.

Quick question about materials. I notice some tools and weapons require wool. This wasn't for sale in the local stores so I assume this is attained by killing sheep in the grassy plains?

Niraj

Thanks guys. Yes I noticed when I became a blacksmith it would be beneficial to be a woodcutter and miner as well from the materials point of view. Guess I'll just keep going the way i am with the blacksmith and then change again when I think I've had enough of that.

Quick question about materials. I notice some tools and weapons require wool. This wasn't for sale in the local stores so I assume this is attained by killing sheep in the grassy plains?

You can get sheep fleece from them which you can turn into wool. You can also get sheep fleece from that pen in south Castele. I think you can also buy sheep fleece, but if you want to buy wool you'll need the shopping bliss bonus.

addyb

Lol why didn't I know that. I like the way a lot of the lives work with each other like that.

Spent a good few hours with the blacksmith last night. 98 of 139 recipes done. Need gold for my last batch which I've not seen yet. I assume this is in the desert area I've yet to visit.

Niraj

Spent a good few hours with the blacksmith last night. 98 of 139 recipes done. Need gold for my last batch which I've not seen yet. I assume this is in the desert area I've yet to visit.

Good assumption :)

yayaba

Wife and I took a 2 week hiatus on the game. We kind of burned ourselves out powering straight from levels 1 to 35 heh.

But we hopped back on tonight since I've been home sick lately. We're currently around level 40, have 2 jobs mastered (Paladin and Angler), the rest Expert or Adept. She's finished chapter 5, I have yet to start it. The non game stuff is super fun as always.

Assuming we both hit level 50 before beating the game, should we go ahead and get the DLC then? Or does the level cap only lift after you finish the game?

JimPanzer

when should I jump into the DLC? Is everything there harder than the main game? For example, if I can't beat the Dark Void dragon, does it make sense to progress in the DLC areas instead?

when should I jump into the DLC? Is everything there harder than the main game? For example, if I can't beat the Dark Void dragon, does it make sense to progress in the DLC areas instead?

Ifyou have it unlocked go for it. The mainland of the DLC Island isn't too difficult, it's the towers you have to worry about.
Even so, you'll gain really good EXP there so there's really nothing to lose from at least exploring it. :p

TheMoon

Stupid question time: is this game like Animal Crossing but with more "gameplay"?

It's nothing like Animal Crossing. It's an action RPG only without an epic story to pull you through. You take on any one or multiple (or all) of 15 possible jobs (your titular "Life") and then do the things you do as someone with that job. Be a hunter. Be a magician. Be a paladin. And so on. You either gather resources, kill things or both. Then you take your spoils and craft stuff to complete quests. You get quests from the people around the lands. There is a story but it's not very involved and mostly takes a backseat.

Scrawnton

I wanted to drop this in here. I just got the game and learned about the online features. I am looking for more people to add to my friends list that has this game so I can learn more about what to do and just enjoy my overall experience. Here is my friend code:

0173-1290-1356 my 3DS name is Scrawnton and my Fantasy Life name is Anton... Please let me know if you add me and provide me with your code!

Top Bottom