• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

I'm still playing the base game and things are pretty easy so far fighting wise. I run around with tons of potions and almost never have to use them.

How hard does the DLC actually get?
Much, much, much harder. Especially if you do the Trials, Creator quests and Life Master Special Requests.

The main story has to be easy battle wise because it's actually possible to play through it without fighting at all. (In case someone doesn't want to play combat lives.) The DLC definitely has tons of hard battles though, and requires a lot more strategy and preparation.

Chaos17

I'm still playing the base game and things are pretty easy so far fighting wise. I run around with tons of potions and almost never have to use them.

How hard does the DLC actually get?

Difficulty pick up at the end of base game with the desert ruin then continue to go higher with DLC. Also the jobs contiunue to evolve with you, so you will still have things to do wich is really nice.

mstevens

So, I just leveled up my first time. I want to be effective in all vocations... is that possible? What sort of stat distribution should I do each level?

So, I just leveled up my first time. I want to be effective in all vocations... is that possible? What sort of stat distribution should I do each level?
You can distribute them evenly for the most part and be okay. I would probably put a bit more emphasis on strength, vitality and luck. Intelligence also. Focus and dexterity are mostly tied to crafting and gathering, so it's a bit easier to augment those stats with other methods.

Though any way you choose, don't worry, because you can respec in the post game.

tm24

You should be able to ride easily into the DLC with even stat distribution. Luck transfers the best to all classes though. There's good accessories that give you some good stats that can aid your chosen profession. I was able to clear the first level of the DLC dungeon with some NPC help using an even stat progression.

Of course once you beat the game you get access to the Tome of Shadows and then just start doing whatever you want since dosh is plentiful

mstevens

Is there a way to select a quest in my quest log so that it shows me where to go? I haven't got the lay of the land yet and it's asking me to find certain buildings.. not sure if there is a "quest tracker" sort of feature with arrows pointing to my destination like there was in the prologue.

Is there a way to select a quest in my quest log so that it shows me where to go? I haven't got the lay of the land yet and it's asking me to find certain buildings.. not sure if there is a "quest tracker" sort of feature with arrows pointing to my destination like there was in the prologue.
The arrows and markers will only appear during story on your mini-map.

Otherwise you need to navigate yourself. It does seem a bit overwhelming at first, but soon you'll know every area like the back of your hand. You'll be visiting every location maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany times.

Been playing this again lately and just hit the tediousness of Miner Legend -> Hero.
Damn, gotta grind out about 140 ores and that's WITH mining lots throughout the 70 hours of playtime I already have.

Hooked my best pal up with it for Christmas and she has liked it enough that she has already gotten her sister and her boyfriend to buy it too. ^_^ That's three more StreetPasses out in the world!

Been playing this again lately and just hit the tediousness of Miner Legend -> Hero.
Damn, gotta grind out about 140 ores and that's WITH mining lots throughout the 70 hours of playtime I already have.
Have you beaten the main story yet, and do you have the DLC?

It's really easy to finish this quest up on Origin Island. (The Woodcutter one too if you still have that one to tackle.)

Have you beaten the main story yet, and do you have the DLC?

It's really easy to finish this quest up on Origin Island. (The Woodcutter one too if you still have that one to tackle.)

Yes and yes. I don't have Origin Island memorized as well as I do the mainland, but I have a good idea of where the dungeons are.
Where are the good gathering locations?

yayaba

What's the best way to grind levels? I beat the main campaign but I'm still a long way from unlocking Origin Island.

I would imagine just doing the life quests. I only just finished chapter 4 and I'm at level 31 already and most of my lives are just at Adept level. At the rate I'm going I assume I'll hit 50 well before I finish the story.

xxczx

What's the best way to grind levels? I beat the main campaign but I'm still a long way from unlocking Origin Island.
If you handle napdragon, he is a good boss to grind (plus you'll need to fight him for dragon scales eventually). You get a decent amount of dosh from the Paladin Sword drop too.

Yes and yes. I don't have Origin Island memorized as well as I do the mainland, but I have a good idea of where the dungeons are.
Where are the good gathering locations?
Rocky Hill Shrine for mining. Mine all the nodes, then sleep at the inn on the same screen to reset them. Rinse and repeat.

Forest Shrine for woodcutting. You'll need to have the Origin Island Vacation Home for this. Chop down all the trees in the area, then warp to your vacation home, rest, and repeat. Though you might not want to warp if you collect some bounties. In that case, just run back to the house and cash in the bounties on the way. Takes less than two minutes. (Make sure you kill all the Tribal Tykes at the same time here, one of the items they drop, Divine Berries, are very important for crafting candy, which is also very important for late game stat development.)

Rocky Hill Shrine for mining. Mine all the nodes, then sleep at the inn on the same screen to reset them. Rinse and repeat.

Forest Shrine for woodcutting. You'll need to have the Origin Island Vacation Home for this. Chop down all the trees in the area, then warp to your vacation home, rest, and repeat. Though you might not want to warp if you collect some bounties. In that case, just run back to the house and cash in the bounties on the way. Takes less than two minutes. (Make sure you kill all the Tribal Tykes at the same time here, one of the items they drop, Divine Berries, are very important for crafting candy, which is also very important for late game stat development.)

Beautiful! The berries were something I was gonna have to begin hunting sometime soon anyway so this is like a whole flock of birds with a single stone.

Thanks so much!!

Robin64

New code for Europe.

Vanishing act (Ninja outfit)

B7PQjWnIgAAQd-5.png:medium

Here's a link to all the codes officially released so far. Remember, US guys, let me know if you spot one on Facebook or Twitter or whatever.

Tripon

It's one of the meatiest DLC packs you'll ever buy, it's totally worth it.

It's added over 60 hours to my game so far, and I've still got a lot left to do.

I went on bought it and I'm only halfway though the game (I keep on getting sidetrack trying to master all the lives in this game).

Once I read that it actually does benefit you in the main game, that was worth $10 for me.

Bulbasaur

Banned
So I can't decide between digital or retail. Is this game like Animal Crossing in that you can play I short bursts every day and never really see the credits? Because if it is I'll definitely go digital.

So I can't decide between digital or retail. Is this game like Animal Crossing in that you can play I short bursts every day and never really see the credits? Because if it is I'll definitely go digital.

It's like AC in the sense that you can hop on for 15 minutes, do a quest or two or craft some items then turn it off, but it's unlike AC in that you won't run out of things to do for tens of dozens of hours.
You'll see the credits when you finish the storyline (~10-40 hours depending on how you fast you wanna do it I suppose) but once that's done it only unlocks MORE stuff to do.

*oh you.jpg*

(I'm not even sure how my avatar ties into that, but I love being av quoted, so I'll take it!)
Looks like he's flexing or showing off. I was just putting the emphasis on my terrible joke skills.
You choose how much time, really. It's easy to get lost in it but it's just as easy to work on a profession for 15 or 20 minutes and wait to do more later.

Elija2

If you handle napdragon, he is a good boss to grind (plus you'll need to fight him for dragon scales eventually). You get a decent amount of dosh from the Paladin Sword drop too.

I can barely put a scratch on the napdragon, let alone kill him. And I'm a master Paladin! I guess I should upgrade my dinky sword.

Elija2

No, no it's fine! What's your FC? (Mine's 0147-1405-3832). Just need to know your Longsword skill too

My FC is 4656-6356-9113.

My Longsword skill is at 9 but it's close to being at 10 so maybe it would be better to craft a level 10 sword?

xxczx

My FC is 4656-6356-9113.

My Longsword skill is at 9 but it's close to being at 10 so maybe it would be better to craft a level 10 sword?
Added you and my portal is open to join!

Just have to run around to get the materials! Haha

Bulbasaur

Banned
It's like AC in the sense that you can hop on for 15 minutes, do a quest or two or craft some items then turn it off, but it's unlike AC in that you won't run out of things to do for tens of dozens of hours.
You'll see the credits when you finish the storyline (~10-40 hours depending on how you fast you wanna do it I suppose) but once that's done it only unlocks MORE stuff to do.

Looks like he's flexing or showing off. I was just putting the emphasis on my terrible joke skills.

You choose how much time, really. It's easy to get lost in it but it's just as easy to work on a profession for 15 or 20 minutes and wait to do more later.

Thanks guys, sounds like its digital then!

I'm ill and have a week off with nothing to do...

Perfect time to get back into Fantasy Life!

I was Legend in 9/12 Lives and trying to grind up my skills to level 15 I think, it's been a while :(

I'm ill and have a week off with nothing to do...

Perfect time to get back into Fantasy Life!

I was Legend in 9/12 Lives and trying to grind up my skills to level 15 I think, it's been a while :(
If you have the DLC and are in the post game, get the Pride accessories for Cook and Tailor if you can. (Alchemist too if needed.) They help with those Skill Level challenged A LOT.

If you have the DLC and are in the post game, get the Pride accessories for Cook and Tailor if you can. (Alchemist too if needed.) They help with those Skill Level challenged A LOT.

Thanks for the tip, I have the DLC and am right on the cusp of the post-game.
I was actually trying to max all levels before I began it, but I guess it's better to just jump in so I'll do that!

Thanks for the tip, I have the DLC and am right on the cusp of the post-game.
I was actually trying to max all levels before I began it, but I guess it's better to just jump in so I'll do that!
I was gonna do that too, but I'm so glad I didn't. The Prides are a godsend.

Here's the best recipes to make... (From GameFAQs)

Tailor:
Tops & Bottoms: Umbral Robe (Hero)
Other: Umbral Hood (Hero) <----------------- This one is the best for the Skill Challenge.
Decor: Royal set (Master) Royal Rug requires the fairy shop from bliss rewards or Big Bunny Plushie (Master)

Alchemy:
Compounds: Great Bomb (Hero) <----------------- This one is the best for the Skill Challenge.
Accessories: Diamond Ring (Master) requires Hero Blacksmith for Celestial Ingot

Cook:
Egg and Veg: Magical Pie (Master)
Meat: Sautéed Dragon (Master)
Fish: Desert Fish Stew (Master)

Oh wow, I have just tried the first trial...

What kinda sudden Monster Hunter experience?

Somehow, I made my way to the 6th floor, but that stone monster is too powerful. :(

Fusebox

Banned
So I just took my Fantasy Life cart out of my 3DSXL and put it into my 3DS and no save file appeared, then I read online that the save file can't be moved without using the System Transfer.

I wanted to play it on my 3DS when I'm out and on the 3DSXL at home but Nintendo has other plans for me. :(

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Cook:

If you have the DLC and once you are at least a hero cook, Roast of Legend is a better option for meat. You can buy dragon and monster meat from the merchant by the fountain on Origin Island, and the dinosaur meat from the mercenary outside your house in Al Maajik with the Bliss bonus, if I remember right.

tm24

Oh wow, I have just tried the first trial...

What kinda sudden Monster Hunter experience?

Somehow, I made my way to the 6th floor, but that stone monster is too powerful. :(

Take Ophelia/King Eric/Yuelia/That fuzzy monster thing if youre a wizard with you into the trials. Theyre the best non-life master allies and can really help you kill stuff

If you have the DLC and once you are at least a hero cook, Roast of Legend is a better option for meat. You can buy dragon and monster meat from the merchant by the fountain on Origin Island, and the dinosaur meat from the mercenary outside your house in Al Maajik with the Bliss bonus, if I remember right.
Yeah, that would work too. It would be more expensive to buy, but the profit might be better.

Probably can't go wrong with either. Since your suggestion is a Hero recipe, and the GameFAQs one is just Master, yours probably gives more Exp too.

Chaos17

So I just took my Fantasy Life cart out of my 3DSXL and put it into my 3DS and no save file appeared, then I read online that the save file can't be moved without using the System Transfer.

I wanted to play it on my 3DS when I'm out and on the 3DSXL at home but Nintendo has other plans for me. :(
Your saves are saved on the SD card not on the cadridge.

Tailor:
Tops & Bottoms: Umbral Robe (Hero)
Other: Umbral Hood (Hero) <----------------- This one is the best for the Skill Challenge.
Decor: Royal set (Master) Royal Rug requires the fairy shop from bliss rewards or Big Bunny Plushie (Master)

Alchemy:
Compounds: Great Bomb (Hero) <----------------- This one is the best for the Skill Challenge.
Accessories: Diamond Ring (Master) requires Hero Blacksmith for Celestial Ingot

Cook:

Amazing, this will be a huge help. Thanks a lot :)

Thanks for this too, my cooking levels are currently maxed at 15 but i'll definitely give this a go once the limit rises to 20.

Fusebox

Banned
Your saves are saved on the SD card not on the cadridge.

Yeah but they're encrypted to your account and can't be moved without a system transfer. The way you say it implies I could just drag and drop my save between systems but if there's a way to do that I haven't figured it out yet.

Lvl 35 now, decided I should stop faffing and do some storyline quests before I spend the next year playing nothing else but FL. Just opened up Coco caves this morning, yay new location.

Top Bottom