• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5 keyart revealed

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
MafiaIIIRally.gif
Hopefully we get something along these lines in the game.

Alpende

The people and the background don't match at all, should've gone with a different backdrop.

Other than that, I like what I'm seeing. Crazy cults should be cool.

Dreez

Man I can't wait, looks right up my alley. Hopefully the palette/graphics style look different enough from Far Cry 4 because that got old quick for me.

Fuck, no more Shangri La segments, please.
The wolf/dog makes me fear the worse.

Yup they're going to implement some Native American stuff fosho.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I'm excited for this, but will keep my expectations in check. I hope they can capture the full spectrum of far right, white nationalist stuff. Both in terms of religious extremist and the anti-government stuff. It's easy to just lean on crazy religious extremists with a David Koresh type Jesus leader, and while most of these types are pretty religious it's not always about big government oppressing their religious "freedoms," but just really extreme political beliefs and fear of big brother and political conspiracies.

Like McVeigh wasn't religious, guy was raised Catholic and lapsed. He just went full on crazy about how he saw the federal government/FBI/ATF oppressing people who just wanted to be left alone to live their own lives. He and tons of other White Nationalist and Sovereign Citizen types oppose the federal government based on political and not necessarily religious grounds.

Also a black or brown MC is a must. I would particularly love to see a second/third generation Middle Eastern Muslim character for the hell of it. Some rookie FBI agent out of Michigan area maybe. Female would be even better.

UberLevi

This looks more like Far Cry than I expected. Pretty much all the Far Cry's are about someone stumbling across a maniac's personal slice of heaven and being forced to survive the locals and the psychos in charge. And this gives off that vibe. I'll keep an eye on this. Far Cry has been pretty hit and miss for me but I might jump back in.

I'd love to ride in a vehicle in this game and turn on the radio to some Alex Jones knockoff.

"SOME GUY'S OUT THERE SKINNIN' OUR DEER, MAKIN' 'EM INTO WALLETS AND TURNING 'EM GAY"

Mossybrew

I'm excited for this, but will keep my expectations in check. I hope they can capture the full spectrum of far right, white nationalist stuff. Both in terms of religious extremist and the anti-government stuff..

Yeah, I'm cautiously optimistic, but it seems at first glance like a bold and intriguing choice.

Dyle

I love it, finally an fps that won't suffer from ludonarrative dissonance!

Only somewhat sarcastic

Rhoc

Trump is going to tweet something when it's released, isn't he. Free advertising i guess.

Good on you Ubi for takeing some risks. Probably Day 1 after skipping 3 and 4.

Seems generic, basically open world, hunt for animals, cool bad guy, drugs involved so basically like the previous ones but yet again with another different skin. I'll remain pessimistic about this one until I've seen actual footage.

I don't think this is gonna stir controversy.

This is attacking ruby ridge/preppers, crazy Mormon break off churches, waco types not suburban trump voters.

After the Far Cry 3 flak I'm not expecting them to go for a 'white savior' character, especially if the anatagonists are are group of crazy, racist, predominantly white Christian fundamentalists.

This was a thing? Far Cry 3 was a pretty standard "group of students travelling abroad and shit goes bad" kind of thing, it's the first time I'm hearing about this.

Top Bottom