• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAST RMX |OT| Gotta Go FAST

Regiruler

How the fuck, other than racing an impossible, literally perfect race, do I get anything near top three, let alone first place, in some of the latter cups (on the lowest difficulty)?

It's a shame because the level design is surprisingly really good and better than what the beginning tracks made me think.

It's how the game goes, even in multiplayer.

If the scoring system is the same you can still get 1st overall by just getting 2nd a bunch. There's no platinum trophy or stars or whatever to care about.

Just opened the new cups more easily than I expected. Getting top 3 was extremely forgiving 😉

Still a bit sad you can't just join friends in a general online race, you have to make a friend's only room 😐

EDarkness

Nice - I hope the AI has been greatly improved. I found it to be really frustrating. Would love to revisit this if they fixed it.

Same here. I want to play more, but the AI in the game frustrates me a lot. I won't bother until I get some more impressions from folks once the update comes out.

Quick twitter image dump from portable mode, this track looks really nice in motion with all the green fog around.

DJoAeOuU8AAf0WG.jpg

Irminsul

Played for a bit in subsonic league (the hardest, for some reason) with the new AI.

It's definitely improved. Getting first is still really, really hard, but at least possible. I finished second most of the time, something I never managed before in this frequency.

On supersonic speed, it's perfectly possible to finish first in every race, but I don't remember if it was like this before.

Tried subsonic with the new update... I'm not entirely convinced it's noticeably easier. There's still very little room for error - crashing more than twice counted me out of a first for sure. I mean, I still won the cup with 2 seconds and a third but w/e. It's still not a friendly difficulty level at all.

For the record, I've actually finished all the standard cups on all three speeds (which was an effort in frustration).

Still, I will take my free DLC and enjoy it quietly in the corner for an hour or so.

Ilive1up

new patch is outstanding. fixed the AI. it's still challenging but it was basically impossible to win before the patch.

Top Bottom