• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAST RMX - The Nintendo Switch Game NO ONE is Talking About.

i'm glad i skipped it on wii u so i can get the better version. also we're getting redout this year too so it's cool to have two f-zero likes just at "release", hopefully that will motivate nintendo :p

So, you knew there was going to be an updated one then?

I only played the original Fast Racing League on Wii from the Shop Channel.
It already had the same gimmick only that you shifted colors from black to white.
It was a decent game, but the sequels seem to only get better.

The sequel is better also because it doesn't cost energy to switch the phase which made the first game so stressful because you had to cath those orbs to make some jumps. It also controls better and the music is really great!

JoeNut

So it's basically wipeout right? could be a great game to showcase graphics and the ability to split the joycons, so not sure why it isn't being talked about more.

probably one to pick up if the reviews are decent actually, good post OP.

Baleoce

I played the Wii U version and it didn't do it for me tbh. But I am very excited for a portable Redout.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
So it's basically wipeout right? could be a great game to showcase graphics and the ability to split the joycons, so not sure why it isn't being talked about more.
Futuristic racers don't sell anymore. They are only cherished by a niche audience.

jonno394

Waiting for confirmation of the price, but i'll likely be buying this as soon as it's available. It was £10.99 on Wii U, so hopefully it's the same price on Switch.

Neo is literally one of the hardest games I have ever played. Definitely going to double dip though as it's super fun.

I don't have time for hard games anymore unless they are satisfying. Unfortunately this game is not satisfying at all. It's really hard and the bad controls don't help it at all.

It has double the amount of content among other things (see the link I posted), so it's more than a remaster.

Uh, there's a Wii game called Fast racing league, then there was a sequel on Wii U called Fast Racing Neo, and this one is a remaster of the sequel with more content, called Fast RMX.

Sweet thanks,
Not really hyped to be honest. Would care more if i was getting a switch day 1.
which reminds me, what in god's name happened to wipeout remaster on ps4?

As a huge fan of the anti-grav racing genre, this is a must buy for the Switch. The WiiU version was really good, although I agree that it was very, very difficult. Doesn't bother me, though, as I am willing to re-learn this game!

This game had more spin than Mario Kart on my Wii U, so I couldn't be more happy about grabbing an upgraded Switch version. I literally wouldn't have sold my Wii U had this game not been announced.

I also skipped this on Wii U and think it'll be the perfect addition to my Switch library. I was at the Chicago event this weekend and it was honestly one of the best looking games there. Especially in motion.

We just neeeeeed to know when it is coming out.I'm sick of dancing around the dates of this game and Snipperclips.

I feel like it's too fast. I saw they added a Hero mode, and I wonder if they shouldn't add a Newbie mode as well.

I'll get it regardless, because it has HD Rumble and I want to try all games that will use it

You don't need that. You've just gotta let the speed take you away.

Go with it.

Let the track consume you.

I have something of a suspicion that they'll focus on it more after the launch weeks and Zelda hype is allowed to die down a bit. That's their focus right now because it's the big console seller - this would be more of a supplement for people who'll have already bought the console and need something to help justify their purchase some more.

Griss

Looks like Shin'en is balancing the difficulty. https://twitter.com/ShinenGames/status/834003164093374464

This could help. The ludicrous difficulty was one of the reasons I disliked Fast Racing Neo so much. Also the floaty handling and orbs/boost strips dictating your racing line rather than coming up with your own, which is the core of a racing game. I didn't like it very much at all. Nowhere near F-Zero or Wipeout status, but not bad for a $15 downloadable game.

Like fast racing neo it seems being airborne slows you down a TON, and that is bad when some tracks have booster ramps.

It has double the amount of content among other things (see the link I posted), so it's more than a remaster.

so is it something like NEO + RMX expansion pack, sort of?

fernoca

"Noone"...but multiple threads has been talking about it since the reveal. :p
There was a thread around technical details, one around them waiting for the eShop, outside the screenshots and videos.

There's not much else since there's no final date. Plus it was revealed basically a month ago. XD

Atolm

Very nice that they're rebalancing the difficulty. As a Wipeout and F-ZERO veteran, the main problems with this game were the handling and the simply unfair and cheap difficulty. It's great that at least they're taking care of one of the issues. Everything else is superb.

Iokis

I didn't play Fast Racing League and I disliked Fast Racing NEO, but as I'm reading that the devs have tweaked both the controls and the rubberbanding, I maaaay bite again.

On the other hand I also thought that the orb system for boosting and the colour shifting for boost pads were bad design decisions and that looks to be the same...

I'm torn. A demo would be very useful in this case.

Lkr

Looks fun but I need a release date.

I'm really hyped for the switch, getting it on launch but I still don't have a single game preordered. I really want puyo Tetris it's a shame it's not at launch

This could help. The ludicrous difficulty was one of the reasons I disliked Fast Racing Neo so much. Also the floaty handling and orbs/boost strips dictating your racing line rather than coming up with your own, which is the core of a racing game. I didn't like it very much at all. Nowhere near F-Zero or Wipeout status, but not bad for a $15 downloadable game.

I must be the only one who thought the difficulty was a reasonable challenge. But then again I've played through futuristic racers further down the bullshit scale like Tube Slider on Gamecube, or F-Zero Maximum Velocity. FRN's difficulty is fine, relatively speaking.

This is gonna sit on my "maybe" list
along with all other digital-only games on Switch
until it gets a physical release.

But it's very high on that list.

nightside

I had the chance to try it and it really has a kind of "F-zeroesque" vibe. Shin'en really know their stuff, Nintendo should pick them for a "F-zero RMX".

killroy87

A lot of the impression for both this and Redout were pretty meh, so I'll wait for a sale. Just because it wants to be like F-Zero, doesn't make it F-Zero.

OryoN

Talking about it with a sh!tty cam/recording doesn't help much tho. Part of the game's appeal is its gorgeous and fluid visuals.

Top Bottom