• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Apocrypha |OT| Saber, Rider and the Star Servants

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So two things I've taken from this episode.

Mordred is best girl, and I will blow a shit ton of my money trying to get her when she's available in Fate Grand Order.

Astolfo making people thirsty af.

It is true that Karna is the most powerful servant in this war?

Probably. Hindu mythology is some wacky stuff.
Karna's Wikipedia page said:
As the battle intensified, Arjuna pushed back Karna's chariot 10 steps backward every time by the energy of the arrows, but Karna was only able to push Arjuna's chariot 2 steps backward. Seeing this Lord Krishna praised Karna and admired the skill of Karna. When questioned by Arjuna, Krishna said it is impossible for any human ever to push his chariot backwards because the chariot of Arjuna contains both Hanuman and Krishna, thus holding the entire weight of the universe.

Yep, Mordred is best girl.

He and Siegfried are pretty much equals and pretty much the most powerful in the war for the most part since they both have similar traits - practically invulnerable except for a specific spot, though their weapons can barely overcome that. Achilles is sorta similar but not quite, for obvious reasons, though his heel isn't so much an insta-kill spot as it is a "shut off his invulnerability switch".

RangerBAD

need I remind you what you're watching? Not only anime, but something in the Fate series?

You just watched Frankenstein being one of the creatures. Frankenstein's kawaii monster.

It's not as if I haven't seen worse, but I was just giving some sort of response. lol Jack the Ripper as a loli is worse than Frankenstein. Oh, and the shota Paladin.

Anime enough said :lol

I've watched anime forever, so yeah.

Cornbread78

Fate/Apocrypha ep.1
MrILbAt.png
Yup, this is defintely Fate. If that is the new Saber, I think I'm already in love, lol.

So Mordred should be at a disadvantage against Siegfried due to her dragons blood right?

Well I mean we saw what happened when
Sumanai* and Mordred clashed their Noble Phantasms in the previous Holy Grail War
at the beginning of episode 1.

*Yes, Siegfried's nickname is Sumanai in the Fate/Grand Order community.

Well I mean we saw what happened when
Sumanai* and Mordred clashed their Noble Phantasms in the previous Holy Grail War
at the beginning of episode 1.

*Yes, Siegfried's nickname is Sumanai in the Fate/Grand Order community.

was that the previous one? I thought it was a flash forward. Must've missed details from the expo dump.

^ I was convinced it was a flash forward as well.

They were high fiving each other over this stroke of genius.

I like to believe this is what actually happened.

Still female. If you really want to know how Mordred came about even though Artoria is female:

She was conceived between Artoria and her sister, Morgan le Fay, through unorthodox circumstances. Artoria, normally female, was a pseudo-male at the time due to Merlin's magecraft, so Morgan enchanted her with a spell to extract sperm from her. Morgan developed it within her own ovary, and made the child into a homunculus clone of Artoria.

What... the...fuck?

Rvaan

Banned
They need to keep doing the anime based off of the phone game so more people can see what these fools did to Thomas Edison.

Kieli

Karna isn't just the most powerful servant in this war. He's one of the strongest servants period. There are very few servants in his tier.

Made him awesome? Yeah, I agree.

Agreed. Thomas Edison is amazing. Has 3 EX-rank attributes, 2 EX-rank skills, and an EX-rank noble phantasm. Don't hate.

Not to mention he is powered by the Mystic Code of the patriotism of all US presidents - past present and future.

Can't wait for the 20th Holy Grail War when like a kawaii girl Obama will be one of the heroes.

Obama isn't likely to ever be inscribed on the Throne of Heroes. Someone as mediocre as he was would never make it to the Throne by merit or legend alone, and I don't see someone like Obama accepting a contract like EMIYA did.

Karna isn't just the most powerful servant in this war. He's one of the strongest servants period. There are very few servants in his tier.

I think Karna is generally regarded as being "Gilgamesh-tier" and that's pretty much the highest broken tier for Servants. Karna is pretty scary because he actually seems to take the Holy Grail War seriously, something Gil never did.

That was my reaction to reading why Jack the Ripper was a little girl.

Yeah, it is fucked up, though in many ways oddly appropriate considering how utterly fucked up life in Victorian England was. Though, regardless of that and her, erm, 'outfit', she is adorable as hell. She's even friends with Nursery Rhyme in Grand Order!

Though that's just one interpretation of Jack the Ripper in the Nasuverse, Fate/Strange Fake has an iteration of Jack as a shapeshifting representation of the mystery itself rather than the actual identity of the Ripper who doesn't even know the killer's true identity.

What's the servant with the highest luck in the franchise? I remember Saber with just B luck was able to dodge an undodgeable spear.(though Lancer also had shit luck)

I wanna see someone with EX luck.

What's the servant with the highest luck in the franchise? I remember Saber with just B luck was able to dodge an undodgeable spear.(though Lancer also had shit luck)

I'd have to look up a lot of Servant stats to figure that out, but Karna in Fate/Extra CCC lists his own luck stat as A+ because he considers himself really lucky for getting Jinako as his master, even though he's a friggn' Lancer and normally a D-rank.

Though, as a rule, the Assassin class container has B rank luck by default - Sasaki Kojiro and Semiramis both have A-rank luck. Interestingly, all the 'proper' Assassins (aka all the Hassan-i-Sabbah) have E-rank luck except Serenity, who also has A-rank.

patapuf

Still female. If you really want to know how Mordred came about even though Artoria is female:

She was conceived between Artoria and her sister, Morgan le Fay, through unorthodox circumstances. Artoria, normally female, was a pseudo-male at the time due to Merlin's magecraft, so Morgan enchanted her with a spell to extract sperm from her. Morgan developed it within her own ovary, and made the child into a homunculus clone of Artoria.

You know, it's not that surprising that Mordred has a few screws loose and some anger issues.

I think Karna is generally regarded as being "Gilgamesh-tier" and that's pretty much the highest broken tier for Servants. Karna is pretty scary because he actually seems to take the Holy Grail War seriously, something Gil never did.

When you think about it, Gil has a pretty pathetic record in 2 Grail wars, given how powerful he is.

A.J.

Banned
Not to mention he is powered by the Mystic Code of the patriotism of all US presidents - past present and future.

Does that mean no Presidents would be eligible to be a servant? I feel like at least Lincoln would qualify.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think Zero Saber is my favorite Saber in that gif.

wamberz1

Ep 3

Holy crap that fight scene. They really cut loose with the budget.

That whole calling Mordred a king scene was adorable.

People seem to be really liberal with using real names in this war.

Siegfried and Frankenstein flashbacks were great, hope we get more.

Kieli

It's weird that Achilles of all servants wouldn't have EX-agility. He makes Cu Chulainn look like a snail.

Top Bottom