• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Servants announced for Fate/Extella

fate-extella-scan_09-egs1s.jpg

One original and one returning character(thanks Gematsu and Famitsu):

• Archimedes (Caster, voiced by Kazuyuki Okitsu) – An independent. His Noble Phantasm is called Katoptron Katopregon. This is his first appearance in the Fate series. Archimedes is a celebrated genius in human history. He doesn’t participate in the Holy Grail War, but is entrusted to the security of the Seraph itself. So while he cannot compete for the Holy Grail, he can still fight.
  • Medusa (Rider, voiced by Yu Asakawa) – A member of Tamamo no Mae’s party.

So the final roster is
Saber:
(Nero Claudius, Atilla, Gawain, Astoria Pendragon)
Lancer:
(Cu Chulainn, Karna, Elizabeth Bathory)
Archer:
(Mumei, Gilgamesh)
Rider:
(Medusa, Alexander the Great)
Caster:
(Tamamo no Mae, Archimedes)
Berserker:
(Lu Bu)
Assassin:
(Li Shuwen)
Ruler:
(Jeanne d’Arc)

Kinda sad that Li Shuwen is the only Assassin in the game, wanted someone cooler looking like True Assassin. Really excited for this game, hope it's good/does well so we get more servants added down the line.

Käebi

Kinda sad that Li Shuwen is the only Assassin in the game, wanted someone cooler looking like True Assassin. Really excited for this game, hope it's good/does well so we get more servants added down the line.

Yep, Fate has a massive database of great characters. Let's hope they won't drop support after release.

IronLich

Good to see Medusa still gets some love. My favorite servant is in the game now, so now it's just a matter of obligation, even though I'm not that familiar with FGO or Extra. Should be interesting.

Hope they polish the animation a bit. Lu Bu gameplay looked really robotic. I know its a musou like game but some of the faces look pretty rough. Glad they got Alexander in, Zero's caster would have been cool too. I'm expecting Shiki in this game in some shape or form

Voror

Musou game, eh? Any sort of upgrade or RPG system to the characters like in some of the other games (I haven't played too many Musou games)?

Strimei

I'm kinda surprised at Medusa. I was hoping for Francis Drake.

And I was also holding out hope for Robin Hood. Maybe DLC...

Wish there are more Fate Zero servants. Crossing fingers for DLC.

Eh, it makes sense its mostly Extra servants, since this is a sequel to Extra. That said, yeah, hoping for DLC.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
eG5sZzlvMTI=_o_carnival-phantasm-ep06.jpg

Medusa ridin in like a baws.

Also, is Arturia-sama DLC or is she apart of the main game?

Strimei

Also, is Arturia-sama DLC or is she apart of the main game?

She's part of the main game. As far as I'm aware, there's been no DLC announced (well, there are pre-order costumes, and I would be very surprised if those aren't DLC later, but that's it).

She's her own faction, I think, too, if memory serves.

Inuhanyou

She's part of the main game. As far as I'm aware, there's been no DLC announced (well, there are pre-order costumes, and I would be very surprised if those aren't DLC later, but that's it).

She's her own faction, I think, too, if memory serves.

K cool, was just concerned cause they seemed to be staggering announcements for character reveals, and i wasn't exactly sure if the characters announced were intended for after release or not

Inuhanyou

I'm not the type to buy DLC costumes but if they release Rider's biker suit from the race episode and Lacer's Hawaiian shirt they're soo bought!

Also her catch phrase should be "my riding skill is ranked A+!"

I mainly want to see Arturia Lily and Alter in terms of costumes, maybe Mumei in his casual attire.

Really should have cut two Sabers to bolster other servants, this looks lopsided as hell.
4 out of 16 is not that bad but yeah, I still want another Assassin. Not saying Assassin doesn't fight good or that his personality is bad, it's just that he looks too normal compared to everyone (wanted True Assassin or Shuten Douji >_<).

trejo

I mean, I get that the most well known factoid about Elizabeth Bathory is that she supposedly bathed in her victims' blood to maintain her youth but how exactly does that translate to 'loli with bare chest' in the character designer's mind?

Anyway, F/Z Rider is still the bossest servant of all.

Pejo

Well at least Cu made it in. I was really hoping for Diarmuid for dual wielding lance action, but I'm still excited.

I'm far from a Fate fanboy, but I don't recognize a lot of these characters.

Strimei

I mean, I get that the most well known factoid about Elizabeth Bathory is that she supposedly bathed in her victims' blood to maintain her youth but how exactly does that translate to 'loli with bare chest' in the character designer's mind?

Anyway, F/Z Rider is still the bossest servant of all.

Elizabeth Bathory actually has two appearances in the franchise, one as the Lancer here and another under the name Carmilla, an Assassin (and in this case, much older).

As for why her younger self appears like this? Just...don't give it much thought, really. This is the franchise that loves to twist and change myths.

(I haven't played CCC but I glanced at a wiki to see if there was a sufficient answer. I didn't find much)

I'm far from a Fate fanboy, but I don't recognize a lot of these characters.

Most of them are from Fate/Extra and Fate/Extra CCC (Extella is a sequel to Extra. CCC is kind of an alternate story thing to Extra).

Specifically, Nero, Gawain, Karna, Elizabeth, Tamamo, Lu Bu, and Li Shuwen. The rest are from other sources in the Fate-verse.

Top Bottom