• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Haribo?

Grug

I just can't get down with the gummi thing.

Can't shake the feeling I am eating plastic.

Only ones I enjoy are sours, and that's more about the powder and not the carrier.

scamander

Banned
Are we really the only people north of the liquorice equator here?

No, you are not, but I prefer Katjes most of the time.

Some Haribo licorice that I do enjoy:

95d36e3de43f07b68ef6e9d5a0934b8e--caramel-mix.jpg

915x4N8vhjL._SX466_.jpg

haribo-sali-kritz.jpg

And I really miss these that are not available anymore:

1523920.jpg

dc8109c0eedacc37a00a94757c5bad99_580_0_0_480.jpg

I have always associated this brand with a strong laxative due to some funny online reviews and anecdotal stories. As such I have never tried them my self.

That's only thanks to one product that is not even available in Haribo's home country.

Haribo is garbage tier. Get with the winning team:

12-flavor-gummi-bears_23.jpg

One of the only times an American candy outperforms foreign candy.

The Haribo gummy bears that are a available in the US are different from the German original ones. The best ones are the Saft-Goldbären anyway:

91Yas7VKYzL._SX385_.jpg

After reading those horror-story reviews of sugar free Haribo on Amazon, about how they grant the blessing of explosive diarrhea, and after experiencing a similar episode myself personally, after my brother-in-law's wedding in a Nigerian hotel, I literally cannot eat Haribo.

I can't even stand the sight of them now.

MicH

T3AuQtJ.jpg

Why is nobody mentioning these? Are they unavailable outside of Scandinavia or something? The bag consists of a bunch of small candies, and it's the experience of taking a bunch of random ones at once that makes it so special. There's both sweet and salty stuff in there, and all the tastes work really well with each other.

They've been unavailable in my area for a while, but this thread inspired me to order a bunch of them from Denmark.
These are some of my favorites but I'm from Denmark :p

GhaleonEB

Every few posts I see something that I didn't know Haribo made, since it's not available in the US. They have a gargantuan product line. 0_o

US options seem to be expanding, though. Just a few years ago I'd never seen the dinosaurs, Smurfs or twin snakes, and happy cherries were hard to come by. Now most stores have 6-7 varieties at least, and there's a good mix in my area. No joke, every store I go into, I check the candy section to see what Haribo stuff they have.

The company itself is actually pretty great. The founding family still owns the company 100%.

You can exchange 5 kg acorns or 10 kg chestnuts for 1 kg Haribo sweets at the factory in Bonn. The chestnuts and acorns are then gifted to wild parks all across germany and austria. The tradition started in the 30s, when the founder of the company used to breed...deer...wild boar (?)...idk... and "paid" the children back with an equivalent in sweets. Pretty cute.

Just tried Sour S'ghetti. Kind of mixed on it. The green ones are meh, the red ones are good and the blue ones are amazing. I was hesitant about them as they say extra sour and I'm not a huge fan of sour things but pieces are so small that they're a lot more tolerable.

DominoKid

Damn there are a lot of fucking haribo. All I ever see in the stores are the gold bears and maybe the sour bears
Haribo is garbage tier. Get with the winning team:

12-flavor-gummi-bears_23.jpg

One of the only times an American candy outperforms foreign candy.

Yeah these are incredible

Socivol

After running in to what seems like hundreds of different Haribo varieties I thought it would be fun to discuss what everyone's favorite is. For me its the Gold Bears. Something about the consistency just feels right. Not too hard, not too soft. Flavors are nice and fruity. Always thought it was weird that the green one was strawberry. Too boring/obvious? Is there some obscure long discontinued flavor you stay up at night dreaming about?

The German Golden Bears. I went to Berlin last year and brought 10 kilograms back with me. That apple one is so good.

-KRS-

Every few posts I see something that I didn't know Haribo made, since it's not available in the US. They have a gargantuan product line. 0_o

US options seem to be expanding, though. Just a few years ago I'd never seen the dinosaurs, Smurfs or twin snakes, and happy cherries were hard to come by. Now most stores have 6-7 varieties at least, and there's a good mix in my area. No joke, every store I go into, I check the candy section to see what Haribo stuff they have.

That sounds like a better situation than in Sweden actually. It used to be much better but now most regular stores here only have the pacifiers in 3 or 4 flavors and the Matador Mix. It's getting harder and harder to find my precious Piratos these days. You'll find plenty of Malaco candy though — a Swedish brand — since they seem to be pushing that...

Top Bottom