• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FBI foils Kansas militia terrorist attack on Muslims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couleurs

Alternate title: Trump loses 3 more votes

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/militia-members-arrested-mosque-attack-plot/

Three members of a Kansas militia group were charged Friday with plotting to bomb an apartment building filled with Somali immigrants in the western Kansas meatpacking town of Garden City.

Acting U.S. Attorney Tom Beall said Curtis Wayne Allen, 49; Patrick Eugene Stein, 47; and Gavin Wayne Wright, 49, are members of a group calling itself the Kansas Security Force.

The arrests were the culmination of an eight-month FBI investigation that took agents “deep into a hidden culture of hatred and violence,” Beall said. Federal law enforcement officials say the men intended to use four large car bombs to destroy an apartment building where about 120 people lived -- most of them from Somalia.

The men, who were arrested in Liberal on Friday morning, performed surveillance of the apartment building and prepared a manifesto, Beall said. If convicted, the men could be sentenced to up to life in federal prison without parole.

According to the criminal complaint the suspects were motivated by “a hatred for Muslims, individuals of Somali descent, and immigrants,” reports CBS News correspondent Chip Reid.

Luckily the FBI stopped this; I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come after the election, since another article says it was planned for November 9.

FZZ

Banned
LMAO this is great

fantastic

amazing

thank you GOP and supporting Trump

Really making america great again

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Domestic terrorists. Why give them the dignity of calling this a militia?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
What the fuck. That's straight up plotting terrorist attacks.

Glad they got caught.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Why are Republicans so afraid to say what this is? It's sad, they won't even say the words "Radical Midwestern Terrorism."

I still don't understand how the GOP didn't stand up to Trump when he said no muslims can enter the country. That kind of rhetoric directly leads to this shit. Thank you to the FBI for thwarting this evil shit!

How did they even get this far? Why did no other Christians report them sooner? Surely they must have seen something, heard something. Where is the condemnation from the Christianity community here?

AntChum

There's something going on, and until we figure out what that something is we mustn't allow white people to leave Kansas.

fuck these people. fuck trump. fuck the right wing, fuck republicans for allowing this shit to fester.

right wing homegrown terrorism is far more a threat than islamic terrorism will ever be.

royalan

fuck these people. fuck trump. fuck the right wing, fuck republicans for allowing this shit to fester.

right wing homegrown terrorism is far more a threat than islamic terrorism will ever be.

And fuck Democrats for constantly playing softball with this shit. Seriously.

Everyone's hands are dirty here.

And fuck Democrats for constantly playing softball with this shit. Seriously.

Everyone's hands are dirty here.

agreed.

my ire is directed towards the fascist running for president. The left needs a resurgence and to be less scared of calling a spade a fucking spade.

Breads

Banned
WE NEED TO PROTECT OUR COMMUNITIES AGAINST UNSUBSTANTIATED FOREIGN TERRORIST THREAT

[becomes actual domestic terrorist]

Mully

Open your eyes, he has been fanning the flames at his rallies.

No. I won't open my eyes until the proper authorities announce what exactly inspired these attempted terrorists.

Your implication is dangerously similar to how right wingers imply a suspect was Muslim any time there is a terrorist attack.

Good job, FBI. And this is why a racist xenophobic demagogue like Trump can be so dangerous. Not that he necessarily was the only thing to incite their hatred of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom