• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FBI foils Kansas militia terrorist attack on Muslims

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilhawk

They are facing domestic terrorism charges, so there isn't much of a debate to be had here, and we can now move on from the too numerous shit posts.

I never said one way or another. I don't care what you call it, I just find it funny how the #1 thing you guys seem to care about is what to label it.

Re-read my post, you didn't get it. I even prefaced it by saying it was a planned attack motivated by xenophobia but that's not good enough for you regressives.

Because it's things like your post that allows terrorism to be defined solely as something muslims do.

It also reinforces a denial that they can be victims of terrorism.

Lol @ regressives wtf does that even mean in this context

jett

D-Member
I never said one way or another. I don't care what you call it, I just find it funny how the #1 thing you guys seem to care about is what to label it.

Re-read my post, you didn't get it. I even prefaced it by saying it was a planned attack motivated by xenophobia but that's not good enough for you regressives.

Words have meaning and it's important to use them correctly.

Oh.

"regressives."

You're one of those.

Dai101

Banned
... How is this not terrorism?

yrr7DcTh.jpg

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

Do you even know what the word 'xenophobia' means? I am guessing no because it has fuck all to do with religion.

BeerSnob

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/10/14/three-kansas-men-arrested-terrorism-plot/92094694/
Said Eric Jackson, FBI Kansas City special agent in charge, "These individuals had the desire, the means, the capability to carry out this act of domestic terrorism."

Jesus fucking Christ people the Kansas City SAIC called them terrorists, are you all fucking happy now?

Christians has a responsibility to turn these people on. Christians need to report what they are seeing.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/10/14/three-kansas-men-arrested-terrorism-plot/92094694/
A confidential source attended meetings of The Crusaders and told the FBI about the men's plans, the DOJ said.

That is almost exactly what happened.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Good, lock them the fuck up.

Fucking GOP and Trump. These are the damn people you're giving voice to! I just hope Trump losing the election doesn't cause a huge spike in these planning of these plots and other forms of racist violence, but Trump has really fired up a racist hornets' nest.

rjinaz

They are facing domestic terrorism charges, so there isn't much of a debate to be had here, and we can now move on from the too numerous shit posts.

Well let me ask you, are they wrong?

Should they not be called Radical Christian terrorists if many of America wants to label other terrorists by their religion?

You don't think that there is an obvious and quite frankly disgusting bias against Muslims in particular while Christians get a free pass in this country?

I mean we have a man running for president that pretty much his largest platform is protecting us from these people that aren't actually the problem.

The Deplorables appear to be watching the #KansasPlot hashtag; I tweeted with it and have already been attacked by 3 separate jerks.

CHC

Sickening, glad this was stopped. Unreal the way some people can warp their minds to a creed and become so warped by it.

I hope none of them will ever get to take another free step in their lives.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, radical christian terrorists continue to actively target innocent civilians in America. At least the FBI stopped another OKC bombing from happening.

Artdayne

Because not calling terrorist actions by white people terrorism is one of the many, many, many...ways our society tries to lessen the severity of these heinous actions when committed by white people when it comes to how they're perceived.

And it should be called out.

THey tried to kill 120 people, I'm not sure how labeling that terrorism, or not, changes the severity of the that. I guess it depends on how organized you think they are, how many more like minded people there are that seem willing to do such a thing, if that is the case then I could definitely see it. This is the first incident, certainly on this level, that I've seen of a white extremists targeting Muslims. That's not to say that Muslims haven't had to deal with other BS on the day to day basis of course. Again, go ham and call it terrorism people are just going nuts in order to use it as some gotcha political point or something.

Because it's things like your post that allows terrorism to be defined solely as something muslims do.

It also reinforces a denial that they can be victims of terrorism.

Lol @ regressives wtf does that even mean in this context

The vast multitude of terrorist attacks that have occurred over the past several years has much more to do with how terrorism is defined and perceived than anything I could say on the internet.

Words have meaning and it's important to use them correctly.

Oh.

"regressives."

You're one of those.

Damn, and I even liked Buckethead. I'm one of those progressive liberals, yes. Nice to meet you.

Do you even know what the word 'xenophobia' means? I am guessing no because it has fuck all to do with religion.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/xenophobia

fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign

If you read the story you'd know that these guys had disdain for immigrants and Islam, both of which could absolutely apply under Xenophobia, so I'm not really sure what you're trying to say.

royalan

THey tried to kill 120 people, I'm not sure how labeling that terrorism, or not, changes the severity of the that. I guess it depends on how organized you think they are, how many more like minded people there are that seem willing to do such a thing, if that is the case then I could definitely see it. This is the first incident, certainly on this level, that I've seen of a white extremists targeting Muslims. That's not to say that Muslims haven't had to deal with other BS on the day to day basis of course. Again, go ham and call it terrorism people are just going nuts in order to use it as some gotcha political point or something.

There doesn't need to be a widespread network for this to be considered terrorism.

And frankly the only people making a big deal about the label are the posters redefining the word "reach" in order to justify calling it something else.

They care because it's like labeling mass shootings as a mental health issue when it clearly isn't. Militia planning a shooting has a completely different connotation than Terrorist's plot foiled.

Words matter, folks.

Cartman86

Banned
Seems like the headlines are mostly pointing out Muslim hatred (which is accurate of course), but perhaps just as important to note that most of the people they ended up targeting were also black no? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Zubz

Banned
It's disgusting how it's always a "militia" if they're white. This is a terrorist act. These people are terrorists. Avoiding the label only helps to give future Caucasian, domestic terrorists a pass.

ISIS is just one big militia group

what is a regressive?

BeerSnob

It's disgusting how it's always a "militia" if they're white. This is a terrorist act. These people are terrorists. Avoiding the label only helps to give future Caucasian, domestic terrorists a pass.

The FBI, DOJ and multiple major news outlets are accurately labeling them terrorists.

what is a regressive?

Liberal who believes s/he is a progressive, however their ideas are backward, lacking enlightenment. Regressive's believe their ideas are forward thinking and evolutionary however the ideology lacks moral guidance, invoke divisiveness, and is plagued with narrow mindedness. The existence an alternate ideology is unacceptable to a regressive.

?

I ain't know much..

GhaleonEB

I can't really comprehend the horror of leaving violence in your home country, to be under threat of terrorist attacks in the one you fled to. Fucking monsters.

What is this, the 1990s? Domestic terrorism rearing its ugly head again. Abortion clinics, Olympics, etc. FBI buildings. This is the shit Trump is bringing back.

Ace 8095

Are we sure this isn't a scenario where the FBI spent 8 months pushing these bigots along until they created enough evidence to convict. Not saying it is but after the watching The Newburgh Sting I have initial skepticism.

UCBooties

Because not calling terrorist actions by white people terrorism is one of the many, many, many...ways our society tries to lessen the severity of these heinous actions when committed by white people when it comes to how they're perceived.

And it should be called out.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom