• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

I guess Impact ratings means the NXT crowd is a different audience. Which makes me wonder 1) how many people watched the NXT show live and 2) how crappy the servers for the Network are.

I guess Impact ratings means the NXT crowd is a different audience. Which makes me wonder 1) how many people watched the NXT show live and 2) how crappy the servers for the Network are.

I feel like TNA just has a base audience that will watch whatever they put on every week because for whatever reason they just like TNA and/or have a habit of it.

kirblar

The whole VPN->US Server thing may end up being a huge deal, both in terms of unexpected revenue and server strain.

Showaddy

Well the first hour of Arrival overlapped TNA and the ratings are some of their lowest ever. Could be a little overlap in the audience, depends how many TNA viewers are ex WCW fans who might have signed up to the Network.

Edit: I mean Impact's Adults 18-49 rating was 0.2 or lower. Normally it is around 0.4 I think.

- 06/02 - 0.5 18-49 / 1.48m
- 13/02 - 0.33 18-49 / 1.09m
- 20/02 - 0.2 18-49 / ???? (possibly as low as 0.8)

There's gotta be a reason for an almost 20% drop last week. Can you blame the Olympics?

It was even slightly worse this week.

Really great work. Iv'e been waiting to finally got the Nash botch in HD.

To be fair, it was Show's fault for suggesting the finish.
Nash just wanted to hit him with a pot of coffee.

strobogo

Banned
The toy belt version of it is surprisingly solid. Well worth 16 bucks off of Amazon. I was looking at the WWE belt and it looked like garbage. Big Gold Belt all the way.

I watched Flair having the real Big Gold in MSG earlier and then I saw Orton with the WHC on the Smackdown pre show. Shit looks so cheap compared to the real deal.

Showaddy

To be fair, it was Show's fault for suggesting the finish.
Nash just wanted to hit him with a pot of coffee.

Oh yeah Iv'e seen an interview where they asked him about it, he'd managed to hit Giant with it before but he'd put on a lot of weight since then so Nash wasn't so keen to do it.

strobogo

Banned
Oh yeah Iv'e seen an interview where they asked him about it, he'd managed to hit Giant with it before but he'd put on a lot of weight since then so Nash wasn't so keen to do it.

He did it about a year earlier I think and fell over in pain and fucked his back up. Show put on a solid 80 pounds since the first time they tried it.

He did it about a year earlier I think and fell over in pain and fucked his back up. Show put on a solid 80 pounds since the first time they tried it.

Yea it was SuperBrawl the year before I think (97), I remember thinking man even Nash killed himself doing it!!! like it was the most devastating thing ever lol.

Puts into perspective Goldberg Jackhammering even fat The Giant. o_O

Showaddy

Nash did say that he fucked up his back more than the botch fucked up Giant. Between Giant and Mabel I amazed Nash still has a spine to be honest.

Toki767

there's so much good Shield material left, and so little time for them to use it

I would be perfectly happy if they were a team for another two years. or at least bros for life

"It's a llama bro, I just went to the zoo" goddamn it I want more

I suppose in the event none of them actually get released or something, we'll probably see a Shield reunion in 5 years.

Rapstah

I suppose in the event none of them actually get released or something, we'll probably see a Shield reunion in 5 years.

Roman Reigns and Jason Jordan to headline WM45.

I was going to write this elaborate joke post about how Jason Jordan is going to end up being the biggest star from the Shield despite currently not being in the Shield but fuck it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Figure Four Newsletter:
The latest WrestleMania lineup we got lists the world title match a "Batista vs Orton vs ?," which allows for the possibility that Daniel Bryan could get into the match somehow, such as by beating Triple H or being added by Hulk Hogan. Matches that have been pitched but not yet solidified are Big E vs. Dean Ambrose to unify the secondary titles; Luke Harper & Erick Rowan vs. Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns; Sheamus vs. Christian; Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust; and some kind of NXT match on the main card.
Ugh, stop making me believe in bullshit dirtsheets. :(

Rapstah

? (?? in WCW, ??? in WWF) is finally going to debut this Monday, sick of 30 years of being replaced by random people on cards where he was clearly booked in important matches.

KissVibes

Banned
Aw yeah, two single belts! What a great idea!

It's a bad idea. Unless you get rid of the US Belt and bring back the Crusierweight title.

Cagey

Banned
After getting rudely interrupted by the fiance ("I don't want to watch this"), BACK TO SUMMERSLAM 98!

Am I a bad person for loving that Owen Hart-Ken Shamrock Lion's Den match and being annoyed that UFC's prominence today would make that sort of match feel too gimmicky today, because Lesnar murdering dudes in that strange cage would just be swell

EDIT: I know Dragonzord took care of this the other day, but holy motherfuck the Outlaws were over.

DOUBLE EDIT: 15 years ago, those unprotected headshots with cooking pans were awesome. Today, I kinda hate myself for having liked them once.

kiguel182

Figure Four Newsletter:

Ugh, stop making me believe in bullshit dirtsheets. :(

I promised that I would buy Mania if Bryan main-evented but I'm to afraid to spend the money and then have Baptista go over. Honestly, I would rather not have him in there so I wouldn't have false hopes.

Also, does that mean Shield isn't breaking up yet? Awesome news even if that tag match isn't very interesting without Bray.

I swear its gonna be days after WM and the dirtsheets will still be trying to get me to believe Daniel Bryan is somehow gonna be in the main event of WM30.

:(

Just stop it! :'(

Showaddy

Not sure I'd want that Shield/Wyatts match, Rollins & Harper would still be great in the ring but it would be pretty dry without Ambrose & Bray.

Unrelated but Soloman Crowe made his TV debut on NXT and got a big pop apparently.

KissVibes

Banned
Imagine it just breaking into the Network's live channel at random times. Like 4 in the morning we get a cut from an ECW TV to someone getting jumped in a hotel with a ref and a cameraman.

THAT WOULD BE AMAZING.

It would be like that shit Chuck Taylor does on instagram (or vine?).

Edit: Just got to this part in the Powerbombcast

Aiii

So not worth it
I promised that I would buy Mania if Bryan main-evented but I'm to afraid to spend the money and then have Baptista go over. Honestly, I would rather not have him in there so I wouldn't have false hopes.

Also, does that mean Shield isn't breaking up yet? Awesome news even if that tag match isn't very interesting without Bray.
The network is well worth your money dude. Really no reason not to get it.

Batigol

Banned
I want them to move into the APA phase of their evolution. Just have them playing Settlers of Catan or some shit backstage and have random superstars pay for their services.

I just don't want them to break up.

They don't need to break up. I don't know what WWE's obsession is with breaking up teams/stables.

Why can't they just be a great stable for years instead of breaking up and fading into obscurity

Dthomp

A good reason to wait on the network is dealing with all the issues so far. From freezing during events, to last nights nonsense, and then for me now 10 minutes ago it just stopped working. Everything I try to click on says there is a media error: Video not available....

GQman2121

Banned
The Hardcore title is and was stupid. Keep it shelved.

They should add the TV title which would be defended with a max time limit of 10-15 minutes. There's a lot you can do with that type of stipulation. And they of course should add a Cruiserweight belt if they can scrounge up enough talent.

Aiii

So not worth it
A good reason to wait on the network is dealing with all the issues so far. From freezing during events, to last nights nonsense, and then for me now 10 minutes ago it just stopped working. Everything I try to click on says there is a media error: Video not available....

Been working fine for me for two days now really, no problems at all.

Sblargh

Banned
They have to set up an actual 3 man division to stop these random teams like Daniel Bryan and the Usos... which I actually expect to be good, but there's too much "here, let's put these 3 dudes together and let them fight the Shield or the Wyatts."

And then it goes nowhere. After RR Cena and Sheamus joined with Bryan for no reason to help him against the Shield... and then nobody ever talked about it again.

I get that error when having VPN issues trying to cross america's internet border. It all went away when I started using Unblock Us.

If that's your case, that's what I recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom