• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Female Shepard to be on Mass Effect 3 CE cover, get her own trailer

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I need to do a femshep playthrough of 1 and 2, but as of right now Ill be carrying my Male Adrian Shepard over to ME3.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
DigitalSoul said:
Damn you subversus!...you beat me to my own post :p

I wish I could use your code but I don't ask since I don't think that I would share mine - something personal and intimate about this.

DigitalSoul said:
Damn you subversus!...you beat me to my own post :p

Could we replicate this FemShep design in ME1 as well? So that if I play as her in ME1, it will carry over to look like that in ME2?

(if that makes any sense)

bumpkin

So I get the impression that overall, ME2 (and ME3, obviously) are the more streamlined experiences? I've thought about giving the first game a play, but it seems like an awful lot of the chatter suggests that the original is kind of rough and counter-intuitive in comparison to the sequel.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Duuuuuude, pay for her scar surgery.

Samara

Riposte

shidoshi said:
You know, in this growing era of character creation, I could totally see a specialty market cropping up for allowing you to get specialty covers printed with your personalized character on them.

The ability to send away for redo Mass Effect 1 + 2 covers with my Shepard on them instead of default guy? I would totally go for that.

I've always had the idea of a demo where you create a character, play through long demo, and then get a real-time based trailer using your character. Of course you would also be able to import this save to the real game.

EDIT: Having the cover be CE is also pretty smart, or at least consistent. If you think a male lead attracts more outsiders then the one of the shelves will work as normal, but the CE is there to please the people who would actually care about this.

meltingparappa said:
God, I choose so poorly four years ago. Can't renege on my male Shepherd save now, though.

Glad to see the better option getting her due.

. Me too. Totally should have chosen FemShep. Don't have time to do another ME1 plus ME2 playthrough.

YESSSSS

Ren_Hoek.jpg

dwebo

Samara said:
Generated. The only real faces are: MShepard,Ashley, Samara, Liara, and Miranda. Im not so sure about Kaidan.
Male Shep, and the female love interests, eh? I wholeheartedly approve of Bioware's priorities. :lol

LiK

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Could we replicate this FemShep design in ME1 as well? So that if I play as her in ME1, it will carry over to look like that in ME2?

(if that makes any sense)

my Femshep in ME1 looks like the pic posted and i carried her into ME2

dwebo said:
Male Shep, and the female love interests, eh? I wholeheartedly approve of Bioware's priorities. :lol
I don't think you can romance Samara.
And there would be no reason to romance Morinth, lol.

Wait, gay romances are in ME3? I thought that there were no gays in the Mass Effect universe, wasn't that the line last time?

Or is Edag Plata just a bigot after all?

subversus

jim-jam bongs said:
Wait, gay romances are in ME3? I thought that there were no gays in the Mass Effect universe, wasn't that the line last time?

gay romances confirmed

Riposte

jim-jam bongs said:

It was that Shepard wasn't gay. Which makes sense enough, since Shepard is more defined than your character from Dragon Age and whatnot. I guess Reapers can turn a man or woman gay though.

can someone explain to the me "femshep is real shep" thing? is it because of the inherent irony of denying the default maleshep model even exists? i don't really care either way as i have custom paragon maleshep and custom renegade femshep, i just wonder what started it.

Acosta

User33 said:
I prefer male Shep.

Male Shep is bland but unintentionally hilarious.

Female Shep is just bland.

Bland? Bland? My fem Shepard is the most baddass character I have played in long time. Marcus Phoenix is a little girl compared to her.

LiK

Rabbitwork said:
can someone explain to the me "femshep is real shep" thing? is it because of the inherent irony of denying the default maleshep model even exists? i don't really care either way as i have custom paragon maleshep and custom renegade femshep, i just wonder what started it.

there is no canon. fanboys going nuts with their own Sheps.

FemShep players like me just like Hale's performance much more.

niz

Glad to hear that. I really enjoyed playing a FemShep because of the great job done by Jennifer Hale. :)

mollipen

jim-jam bongs said:

The power of the mass relays finally allowed for the discovery of the far-off star where all of the homosexuals had been exiled.

Who do you think is invading the earth in the ME3 trailers? They're back, they're gay, and they're pissed.

shidoshi said:
The power of the mass relays finally allowed for the discovery of the far-off star where all of the homosexuals had been exiled.

Who do you think is invading the earth in the ME3 trailers? They're back, they're gay, and they're pissed.
Did they find the galaxy where they sent all the kids too?

brotkasten said:
I hope they stole the new UE3 hair tech from the new Alice game. I want my FemShep to have real hair!

o91g1h.gif
Golfham, that's some nice hair. I need to play that game. :3 If only FemShep could have great hair like that.

It's cool to see FemShep finally getting some of the spotlight.
shidoshi said:

I'd play it. Sounds way more interesting than the official plot.

shidoshi said:

Well that explains the chiseled Jason-Statham-alike in the trailer. He clearly represents hetero humanity's final stand against fabulousness.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I always do a Paragon Male Shep and Renegade Fem Shep playthroughs, Fem Shep is much cooler being a bad ass.
I also find Hale's voice to generally be better than whoever does the male, much more engaging.

Though did anyone else's Fem Shep have terribly long neck in ME1 that was still present in ME2 but didn't look as silly?

LiK

CorrisD said:
I always do a Paragon Male Shep and Renegade Fem Shep playthroughs, Fem Shep is much cooler being a bad ass.
I also find Hale's voice to generally be better than whoever does the male, much more engaging.

Though did anyone else's Fem Shep have terribly long neck in ME1 that was still present in ME2 but didn't look as silly?

opposite here. Paragon FemShep and Renegade MaleShep works for me.

Dark Octave said:
I don't think I've ever seen an "official" face for the female Shepard.

there's a default one but i don't like her face and she's blonde.

subversus

shidoshi said:

damn, I loled.

Rabbitwork said:

They are an extremely vocal minority.

Character customization was a highly-touted feature of the game and a whopping 83 percent of players created their own faces for Commander Shepard, but only 18 percent elected to play as a female.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105655-BioWare-Gamers-Prefer-a-Manly-Shepard

LiK

Ferrio said:
I'd so be on the femshep bandwagon if tali swung that way.

that's one thing I hated about being FemShep. Tali don't swing that way.

_dementia said:
Really? I thought she was a redhead.

really? don't tell me they randomize the default FemShep too....

Top Bottom