• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Female Shepard to be on Mass Effect 3 CE cover, get her own trailer

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dax01 said:
FemShep's a brunette, folks.
Red haired ._.
BigJiantRobut said:
Pssh, I have the canon FemShep. Definitely a redhead.
Yes!
ninj4junpei said:
Lies. FemShep is totally a redhead.
FUCK YES.
_dementia said:
Thank you, I thought I had lost my mind for a second.
♥ ♥ ♥

with the way ME3 is being advertised so far I hope they dont slut her up for the cover to attract Bro gamer who likes explosions and boobs.

Jezan

jim-jam bongs said:
Wait, gay romances are in ME3? I thought that there were no gays in the Mass Effect universe, wasn't that the line last time?

Or is Edag Plata just a bigot after all?
Kaidan should have been one :(

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
subversus said:
Finally some positive news about the game.

also this (from 2011 high-res screens thread, courtesy of DigitalSoul)

2011-06-12_00006bscg.jpg

They don't have plastic surgery in the future?

Default appearances snagged off the wiki for confirmation:

270px-Default_Shepards.jpg

And if you deviate from that femshep hair style you are a heathen. None of the other ones look good - hopefully we got some decent longer hair options in ME3. Face/eyes/whatever else can change to your liking though.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Ether_Snake said:
They don't have plastic surgery in the future?

it will cost you a lot of time spent at mining mini-game.

Also fuck plastic surgery, scars are sexy (even on women sometimes).

LiK said:
before we fight about her hair color. just remember that the future does indeed have hair dyes.
Yeah. I mean, you guys can change her hair color to whatever, but just remember that she's really a brunette.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Both male and female should be on the cover and they should be love interests of each other.

Now I want to play Mass Effect.

LiK

Dax01 said:
Yeah. I mean, you guys can change her hair color to whatever, but just remember that she's really a brunette.

NO!

:D

ReBurn said:
Both male and female should be on the cover and they should be love interests of each other.

Shep on Shep action.

Knox

+1 for red head Femshep.

I originally picked female in ME1 cause I thought it would be a cool change from all the dude space marines I play as in every other game. The better voice acting was an added bonus I found out about afterwards.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
"@SilentKittyK the CE of #ME3 has both #FemShep and male Shepard on the box."

"@ChrisCrowdly there will be a #FemShep trailer. We actually had a meeting on her yesterday. We are working on the look now."

Sweet justice.

FemShep is the superior and real Shepard.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Did they ever explain why your eyes turn red when you make evil choices, or were they just trying to be like Fable.

Hopefully in ME3 Renegade Shep will start growing horns as you fill up your evil meter.

Special J

Banned
Edag Plata said:
What is this? Diversity Awareness Day: The Game?

Make sure you have your gay romances!! It's not fair if you don't!

Make sure you get the female character on the cover!! It's not fair if you don't!!

Crucify me if you must, I just think it's like they're trying to show everyone how politically correct they are way too much.

yup, pretty much

mollipen

The only reason my FemShep isn't a redhead is because I feel like I go overboard with that sometimes. I don't like the idea of "making myself" in the game, so for games where you can easily start to get the feeling of that, I typically tend to avoid going redhead. That way, I have a more clear-cut point where I'm sure the character is a character I'm making for that story, and not me putting myself into said story.

LiK

shidoshi said:
The only reason my FemShep isn't a redhead is because I feel like I go overboard with that sometimes. I don't like the idea of "making myself" in the game, so for games where you can easily start to get the feeling of that, I typically tend to avoid going redhead. That way, I have a more clear-cut point where I'm sure the character is a character I'm making for that story, and not me putting myself into said story.

self hating red-head?

If Bioware doesn't properly fix the hair in ME3 I am done with them forever.

Honestly how did they go from left to right?
KetSOl.jpg

What the hell man

tiff

Banned
Don't really care about ME3, but I'm glad that Bioware is finally acknowledging femShep superiority.

Edit: I'm pretty sure femShep isn't a redhead by default because I remember when I realized that red hair was the only real difference between my Shepard and the default one.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
shidoshi said:
So, you're a redheaded woman space Marine?

....how you doing?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Edag Plata said:
Crucify me if you must, I just think it's like they're trying to show everyone how politically correct they are way too much.

Actually, if you just take a look at the Bioware forums, you'll see that's a bit presumptuous. They have fans of all shapes, sizes and levels of weirdness that have demanded to be able to romance whatever character they want. Much like in DA2, Bioware's tapping into the creeper market and letting players romance almost any squad member of their choosing. The series will now have as many dating sim as RPG elements.

_dementia said:
Well,
he's supposedly a gay romance option in ME3

Still, he better have more of a personality than ME1 otherwise I'd romance Jacob...

If my BroShep were to have a gay option... I'd probably go for Garrus.

broham

Aquavelvaman said:
If Bioware doesn't properly fix the hair in ME3 I am done with them forever.

Honestly how did they go from left to right?
[pic]
That's what happens when your only visual reference is a dry mop.

Rabbitwork said:
can someone explain to the me "femshep is real shep" thing? is it because of the inherent irony of denying the default maleshep model even exists? i don't really care either way as i have custom paragon maleshep and custom renegade femshep, i just wonder what started it.

In the first game Jennifer Hale overall did a much better job of delivering her lines.

They're more even in the second.

Special J

Banned
Snuggler said:
Much like in DA2, Bioware's tapping into the creeper market and letting players romance almost any squad member of their choosing. The series will now have as many dating sim as RPG elements.

isnt it funny how westerners demonize japanese gamers for the same exact thing. its the same shit just in a different packaging lulz

LiK

Special J said:
isnt it funny how westerners demonize japanese gamers for the same exact thing. its the same shit just in a different packaging lulz

yup, ME and DA both have dating sim stuff. but most people are oblivious to it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Special J said:

Broad generalizations aside, I kinda see your point. Still, none of the Mass Effect cast looks like a 10 year old girl.

Top Bottom