• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF Type-0 Console Patch Incoming: Motion Blur, camera fixes

Aru

Game is already beat and sold. I won't buy it again, but it's nice to see them patching these problems.

Geg

Wow. Only took WAY TOO FUCKING LONG.

Guess they implemented the toggle in the PC version and thought they might as well give it to those idiots that bought it on console.

Who gets elitist over a PC port of an HD remaster of a PSP action game?

Already sold my copy because it gave me the worst motion sickness ever. If the patch makes the game playable again, I might buy it when I see it on sale at some point.

Cowie

Game seemed fun, but I was constantly afraid I would touch the right stick and immediately vomit. Maybe this will let me come back, provided I can get over all the other things they half-assed in the port and localization.

I bought it on consoles. I feel like an idiot for doing it.

If it's any consolation, I read your original post as tongue-in-cheek. And then was baffled that nobody else did, heh.

T.O.P

Banned

Guess they implemented the toggle in the PC version and thought they might as well give it to those idiots that bought it on console.

I read this like, he bought it as well, and he's pissed that they waited for the pc version to patch the problems

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shifty1897

You mean that free game that came with the FFXV demo I paid for? XD

Seriously, thank god for this patch. I may go back and play it some more now.

No more motion blur means I can finally play the game. It would start to make me feel sick after 20 mins or so of play.

Zomba13

I read this like, he bought it as well, and he's pissed that they waited for the pc version to patch the problems

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is how it was intended. Bought at launch, really enjoyed the XV demo, enjoyed playing Type-0 but that motion blur and camera speed gave me headaches so I put it down and moved on to other things. Then they announce (or AMD or whoever reveal) a PC version and I think "Oh, if they don't fix those problems I bet you could fix them with an ini edit or something" and then they announce a patch for the console version, after they announce the PC version and it feels like they didn't bother fixing this issue months ago.

SPAW

Finally we can peep at schoolgirl panties and undressing headmasters without experiencing motion sickness. You tha man, Tabata..............

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Who gets elitist over a PC port of an HD remaster of a PSP action game?
Did PC get the FFXV demo?

Far too late for me. I already sold it back to BB. I'll pick it up again on a flash sale 5 years from now. They need to get on it next time.

Kudo

I bought it on consoles. I feel like an idiot for doing it.

You and me. I feel extremely salty because it's a game I could easily run on my monitors native resolution (2560x1440).
Then again, biggest gripe on console was the camera and now that is fixed I just might play it on PS4.

Arkeband

Banned
I'm glad they're patching it. My eyes adjusted within 20 minutes but it seems a lot of GAF posters found it unplayable. A game this ambitious deserves to be played, not shelved for technical issues.

Oh great after I got rid of my ps4 copy.
Haha same here. It was so bad that it made me sell the game since I wasn't expecting them to do a damn thing. Color me surprised. Dunno if I want to pick it up again but I might if I can snag it for a decent price and the fix is legit.

Zaventem

Holy shit thank god I haven't finished it. Also seeing as this gets a patch I hope x/x-2 will get one. I want o buy it but those bugs are a deal breaker.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

post-29824-R-Kelly-WTF-WHAT-gif-DAFUQ-Tra-WRJC.gif

Already a good chunk of the way through, but oh my god I would LOVE to finish the game without the horrid blur. I didn't think for a second we'd actually get a patch - hopefully it comes to NA. Thank you Square Enix!

EU / NA ETA?

Anyway I still cant believe they released it with that heavy motion blur x camera speed (so it combed super awfull). Really it blows my mind sometimes how is QA departament doing.

Thank the moon and stars. I can finish the game now. I got pretty far before I gave up on the camera and motion blur ruining the experience.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
And I'M the idiot?
Whats his name gets the benefit of the doubt though. Since he is a self proclaimed idiot =P

It wasn't actually the camera or blur that made me sell the game back. It was when I found out the game had multiple endings with multiple playthroughs required to understand it all and even then it was up to the player. I don't have time for that BBS BS.

Valnen

wow, a little late now guys...

Better late than never?

The motion blur never bothered me, though I do feel the camera should be pulled back a bit.

And I'M the idiot?
Whats his name gets the benefit of the doubt though. Since he is a self proclaimed idiot =P

It wasn't actually the camera or blur that made me sell the game back. It was when I found out the game had multiple endings with multiple playthroughs required to understand it all and even then it was up to the player. I don't have time for that BBS BS.

If you don't have lots of time you probably shouldn't be playing an RPG, honestly.

Good for you console players. Waiting for the PC version though, as I hate any amount of motion blur. Also the depth of field is atrocious in combat.

Dark_castle

Whoever decided to put in that motion blur in the remaster needs to be kicked in the arse, like going out of your way to make the game unplayable.

Top Bottom