• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF Type-0 Console Patch Incoming: Motion Blur, camera fixes

genbatzu

happy for this announcement, although it was playable as it is now by just not using the right analog stick (the PSP doesn't have one either). The camera almost always moves perfectly on its own

jimmypython

better late than never~

I can now continue to play the game...but let me finish The Witcher 3 first

On a not totally unrelated note, The Witcher 3 also has motion blur when turning the camera..and that amount is just perfect!

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't started FFT0. Glad it will play better when I finally get to it... whenever that'll be.
Like a lot of people, I haven't touched the game's box after redeeming the code for Duscae.

I dropped this game after an hour and planned to sell it. Hopefully these fixes are enough to pull me back in. I'd like to see some footage if possible, or maybe a stream. My PS4 is occupied atm.

Danlord

Both patches are live!
XV demo is 2GB roughly

Type-0 notes
reduced motion blur effect
Improved camera controls while moving
fixes various other issues

xion4360

tried it and motion blur is reduced to a good amount, its still a lot but it doesnt completely blur the entire scene when you move the camera... and the camera rotation speed has been reduced a ton, and you can vary the speed by how much you tilt the stick (thank you!!) should be much less nauseating now.

raven777

tried it and motion blur is reduced to a good amount, its still a lot but it doesnt completely blur the entire scene when you move the camera... and the camera rotation speed has been reduced a ton, and you can vary the speed by how much you tilt the stick (thank you!!) should be much less nauseating now.

no option to completely turn off the blur?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Both patches are live!
XV demo is 2GB roughly

Type-0 notes
reduced motion blur effect
Improved camera controls while moving
fixes various other issues

Besides the blur, this was also a serious issue that didn't get discussed enough. Hoping the act of moving while panning is cleaned up as it was a constant struggle to maintain that camera while moving, to the point that you would do better to never touch the right stick at all.

xion4360

no option to completely turn off the blur?
didnt check anything in menu... I wouldnt want to do that myself anyway, motion blur helps to smooth out the framerate.. it would look more choppy otherwise and thats worse to me.. lets just say its at an appropriate level.

holysan

I don't remember the camera to be "OK" like this and the motion blur was definitely reduced with the patch. Nice. Gives me a reason to play it again.

It was honestly as bad as Fable 3 in terms of motion blur. That makes it like the 2nd game that actually made me physically sick while playing it.

Luigi87

Wow, motion blur is SO much better now.

... And loading my save I hadn't played in a while (only in chapter 3), Queen just went up four levels from resting exp...

Danlord

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD | Version 1.00
FrTBn9M.jpg

FyXUX4l.jpg

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD | Version 1.01
fCB5MK1.jpg

7R6laWR.jpg

VKTOyLl.jpg

All screenshots were taken holding the analogue stick as far right as possible.

Camera control and blur are much, much improved. I'm not noticing any blur at all. And the camera actually takes advantage of analog input now instead of being all or nothing.

So much better.

Top Bottom