• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF Type-0 HD, Uncharted 4, + more leaked on Sony TGS site

I really enjoyed the XIII series so I certainly hope it finally comes to steam/PC in preparation for XV which Nomura said might expand to the platform. Lighting Returns in particular is really hurt by the abysmal framerate.

Mr. RHC

ibbqetgmR2rkur.gif

HeelPower

What does the "Ultimate Hits International" Version of FFXIII include ?

Any actual additional content ? This could be the version to release on steam.

wmlk

All of the big Japanese publishers putting their games on PC is such an exciting development. Especially for the big budget games like MGS V, going to be future proof.

Similar architecture and all.

Personally, I just hope that this doesn't promote any piracy. Doubt it will hurt sales, though. People who bought an XBONE or PS4 are likely gonna play it there, anyway.

orochi91

All of the big Japanese publishers putting their games on PC is such an exciting development. Especially for the big budget games like MGS V, going to be future proof.

Now all we need is Atlus, Capcom and Namco to follow suit.
JRPGs will find a new home on PC in the west.

Falk

that puzzling face
Now all we need is Atlus, Capcom and Namco to follow suit.
JRPGs will find a new home on PC in the west.

Many smaller Japanese games don't come over because the audience is pretty scattered which makes pulling the trigger and localizing them such a huge deal when copies potentially sit in stores till they end up in the bargain bin. Digital distribution allays a lot of that since density no longer is a factor, and Steam is a much better proposition than e.g. 3DS eShop as far as perception goes, so yes, this is something of a very logical step.

The low userbase in Japan will stunt that development.

No Japanese company ever does PC with the Japan market in mind.

orochi91

The low userbase in Japan will stunt that development.

You've already got SE and Konami leading the way. Others will follow suit if this
ventures turns out to be a success.

I can see high caliber japanese games selling 1+ million on PCs

Many smaller Japanese games don't come over because the audience is pretty scattered which makes pulling the trigger and localizing them such a huge deal when copies potentially sit in stores till they end up in the bargain bin. Digital distribution allays a lot of that since density no longer is a factor, and Steam is a much better proposition than e.g. 3DS eShop as far as perception goes, so yes, this is something of a very logical step.

Astute point. I agree wholeheartedly.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
As i said in the other thread, it seems PC users will now be able to suffer through crap with us console owners :D

Just don't make a next gen version or ill really be angry. Cause then i'd be forced to buy it even though i really don't want to.

Eggbok

As i said in the other thread, it seems PC users will now be able to suffer through crap with us console owners :D

Just don't make a next gen version or ill really be angry. Cause then i'd be forced to buy it even though i really don't want to.

Final Fantasy XIII: Warrior Goddess Collection.
PS4/XB1/PC

believe.

duckroll

what ? Easy mode ?

They should have added hard mode not easy mode...lol

The "Ultimate Hits International" release was basically their way of releasing the game on the 360 in Japan later on. It was just the 360 version, with English voices and theme song, and Japanese text, with the balance changes made for the English release, and an easy mode tacked on. Eventually I think the easy mode was patched in to the PS3 version too.

Ishida

Banned

Final Fantasy XIII spreads like a disease. And now the PC will also get infected.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Final Fantasy XIII spreads like a disease. And now the PC will also get infected.

Let's hope PC players actually get the ending of FFXIII-2 packed inside the actual game instead of a separate DLC like the console version

HeelPower

The "Ultimate Hits International" release was basically their way of releasing the game on the 360 in Japan later on. It was just the 360 version, with English voices and theme song, and Japanese text, with the balance changes made for the English release, and an easy mode tacked on. Eventually I think the easy mode was patched in to the PS3 version too.

oh I see...that's really non-consequential lol.

Btw I read your (old)opinion on FFXIII back then.So has it changed or do you still hold the balanced and fairly non-negative view of the first game ?

Top Bottom