• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF Type-0 HD, Uncharted 4, + more leaked on Sony TGS site

MilkBeard

I think there's just already a split on this - there was largely boundless excitement and hype for 13 in the face of some troubling questions for a long time (never forget the boundless enthusiasm, even from resident naysayer Kagari, in this thread for the 2009 Advent Children BluRay demo, where people paid more than the cost of full games just to play twenty minutes) but I think at this point the silliness has worn on so long that you've got a few groups; there's of course those resilient enough to still be incredibly hungry and excited who would go for such a demo again. However, what wasn't nearly as present with FF13 is that there's now those still salty over things they didn't like about the Lightning Trilogy or those who have been made jaded by the wait and thus simply don't believe SE can deliver. On top of that, there's a group who aren't ecstatic about the KH-ish look of the combat we've seen so far. It's already a polarizing game in that sense... so you're going to get these comments, I guess.

It'll be interesting, really, to see if the game can shrug off all this baggage when the time comes for SE to market and hype it. FF13 had an incredible ramp, all things told - the buzz and feeling around that game in 2009 was really a marketers dream. I think it's a much steeper incline for them to climb with 15.

Lol. I dug up a hilarious quote from that thread.

"Lightning is a complete bitch and it's awesome."

Just let that sink in.

Wasn't there a Noctis perfume lmao

pa.181859.4.jpg

Exentryk

Had no idea. This is pretty cool.

Why do they all wear practically the same clothes, then?

That logo was on his Jacket, and it's only a patch, which can contain any brand really. But Red Shoe soles and general clothes design overall is inspired from ROEN I believe.

wmlk

Roen and Brixton collaborating with Nomura to make identical costumes.

It's like I'm in a bizarro world or something.

duckroll

So, assuming FFXV does show up tomorrow, what's the worst possible piece of news that could be announced along with it?

So is the conference that's happening right now gonna show at least Type-0 ?

Don't think it's likely to show anything. It's not a conference for Japan, it's for Asia.

So, assuming FFXV does show up tomorrow, what's the worst possible piece of news that could be announced along with it?

Don't think it's likely to show anything. It's not a conference for Japan, it's for Asia.
"Development of the game is at about 20%... thank you for you patience."

Falk

that puzzling face

Please confirm God Eater 2 Rage Burst for Asian territories with English localization

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

duckroll

We're likely to get news for FFXV tomorrow at this time, if we go with what that lady said.

Probably earlier. If there is anything at TGS, it will be at the booths. So shortly after TGS opens tomorrow, information should be popping in. Famitsu and other sites will have booth coverage and interviews for new announcements pretty quickly. So I'll say about 19-20 hours from now, stuff will be flowing in.

There is nothing bad if (when) FFXV appears tomorrow, only happiness.

How can you be so sure?

HeelPower

So if FFXV doesNOT show tomorrow, is it safe to say that it skipped TGS ? Or is it possible that such announcements maybe made later on in the event ?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

New director: Motomu Toriyama
New story writer: Daisuke Watanabe

wmlk

So if FFXV doesNOT show tomorrow, is it safe to say that it skipped TGS ? Or is it possible that such announcements maybe made later on in the event ?

Does it really matter? TGS is already happening and nothing's for certain until it passes.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I just got a shiver. Don't even joke about that. Next you'll be saying Stella was replaced with Lightning.

Oh god why am I giving them ideas.

Stella is Lightning's part-alter-ego in a separate timeline. Apparently FFXV is the alternate universe of FFXIII, where Lightning decides to not save Serah and resume her SOLDIER life. She gets a husband and produces a child, but they said her child couldn't make it so she had to transfer her soul to Stella, and live with her father who is a king of a kingdom.

HeelPower

Yes if it doesn't show up tomorrow it's not at TGS.

good..Then we can just give this a rest and look forward to E3.

I can't believe I fell for the hype this thread generated.

I almost reconciled with the fact that nothing's happening till E315 until this thread happened...ugh

wmlk

Thinking about it, it is kinda creepy that we had someone stalking a young Japanese woman to find out information about FFXV. Especially since it's only a day away.

Oh well, we're all overly attached at this point anyway. No denying it.

Stella is Lightning's part-alter-ego in a separate timeline. Apparently FFXV is the alternate universe of FFXIII, where Lightning decides to not save Serah and resume her SOLDIER life. She gets a husband and produces a child, but they said her child couldn't make it so she had to transfer her soul to Stella, and live with her father who is a king of a kingdom.

you were doing fine with the not saving Serah part , but then you went to a dark place

KoopaTheCasual

Thinking about it, it is kinda creepy that we had someone stalking a young Japanese woman to find out information about FFXV. Especially since it's only a day away.

Oh well, we're all overly attached at this point anyway. No denying it.
wait...wut? when did that happen?

Do you work for Square Enix?

A-V-B

So, how many times has it been said The Last Guardian is actually still dead, in this thread?

The Last Guardian is still dead.

Top Bottom