• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF13/Versus 13 at PS Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Airkiru said:
It gives a date, 21 March, which I haven't read before. Unless I missed it =P

The same FF&KH blog that the QJ article sites gave that date earlier, so unfortunately it's not any corroboration.

I can see this turning into a "well, it's 5pm in Japan, they could still do it"..."hmm..7pm...maybe it's an evening party?" etc. type thing :p

gofreak said:
The same FF&KH blog that the QJ article sites gave that date earlier, so unfortunately it's not any corroboration.

I can see this turning into a "well, it's 5pm in Japan, they could still do it"..."hmm..7pm...maybe it's an evening party?" etc. type thing :p

didnt somebody already confirm it in this thread though....I suppose it hasnt been on any news sites though

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
nelsonroyale said:
didnt somebody already confirm it in this thread though....I suppose it hasnt been on any news sites though

Not as far as I saw?

I think someone said that the MGS4 PS3 was to be announced/shown on Mar 21 (but it was shown in Famitsu this week anyway..), and there was speculation that it would be apt timing for an announcement of the movie service on PSN given previous comments by Howard Stringer, but I don't think we've had any rock solid confirmation from anyone who we know to be in a position to verify these things.

this one gofreak, though now that I look at it I just think he may be commenting on the contents of a gamers day event, rather than confirming the date. I also dont think this is going down.

SamBishop said:
Just for clarification, yes, this is fairly equivalent to Gamers Day here in the US in that SCEI actually starts cranking up dem dere hype wagons, though I don't think the scale is anywhere near as equal to what's happening this and last year here locally.

What's interesting is that of course this year is the Kaz Parade for the first time, and I wouldn't doubt in the least that the so-called "momentum" that the PS3 has right now is due in no small part to the machinations of one Mr. Hirai. I don't think Sony expected to perform like they did vs. other systems this early into the year, but I've little doubt that they've whipped up a fairly steady string of reveals going into at least the middle of this year.

I know for a fact that Gamers Day is going to have some serious shit with which the US 1st party departments will throw down (historically 2nd and 3rd parties dig having the platform to do the same), and then of course there's E3. Then there's Games Convention as that's become the Euro-centric base for stuff. That's a few solid months of talking about stuff that will hit this year, yes, but also reveals of what's to come in '09.

If there's one thing Sony is good at, it's baiting people with teases of what's to come. It's one of the main areas where the competition could learn a little, though of course one runs the risk of CG trailergate a la E3 '05. Needless to say, though, Sony hasn't been sitting around; they've got a TON of stuff to show off for the rest of the year and into the next.

Any good PR plan staggers these announcements throughout the early part of the year to build hype while other companies sprinkle their respective announcements into the mix to create pockets of interest. I can honestly say we haven't seen the least of what Sony has planned for upcoming releases yet by any realistic measure. There's still lots o' fun stuff to come, and I'm pretty sure this is going to be a fairly major stop along the hype train.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
nelsonroyale said:
this one gofreak, though now that I look at it I just think he may be commenting on the contents of a gamers day event, rather than confirming the date. I also dont think this is going down.

It doesn't really read like a confirmation of anything to me, but...
sorry, who is Sam Bishop? Sorry if I should know 8|

gofreak said:
It doesn't really read like a confirmation of anything to me, but...

I think he might be someone for 1up or something...not sure meself hehe

batbeg

gofreak said:

From Wikipedia:

Sam Bishop, born March 1, 1983 in Washington DC, United States is a goalkeeper currently playing for American USL Second Division side Harrisburg City Islanders. He joined the Islanders in 2005 after graduating from Lehigh University.

I don't know either, but I hope this is real.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
nelsonroyale said:
I think he might be someone for 1up or something...not sure meself hehe

I kind of thought that initially too, but now I'm thinking that I might have been thinking of Sam Kennedy :)

kenta

Has no PEINS
Sam Bishop runs totalplaystation.com and freelances for other media outlets like IGN and crap, he's legit

Mmmkay

kenta said:
Sam Bishop runs totalplaystation.com and freelances for other media outlets like IGN and crap, he's legit
He also dispenses cool beans over at SA from time to time, 'cause he's the tits.

OokieSpookie said:
Soooooo...
It is safe to say that this is a washout?

It's not even the thought of FFXIII/Versus that made me dare to hope. Just the thought that maybe, finally Sony Japan would start to come out with stuff to demonstrate that they haven't become completely comatose. I really want to know what the hold up is, because there's strategy of releasing next to nothing and talking about even less is really doing wonders for the PS3's position in Japan. Seriously I really can't think of any reason they have been this quiet for this long while their platform is tanking. Are there encumbent advocates of Kuturagi still holding onto his batshit crazy ideas of how to make friends and influence people?

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Dante said:
The lack of activity in this thread is disheartening.

Square-Enix's failure to deliver any substantial new information on FFXIII's development for the past two years is disheartening.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Troidal said:
You know I'm not saying that just to joke around.

These events typical are an evening dinner thing.

4:43PM

gofreak said:

"It's just a little airborne, it's still good, it's still good!"

:p

near

Gold Member
Oh well, doesn't mean this isn't going to happen sometime in the next few month. But it would have been nice to have it early. T_T

Jijidasu

I was reading 2ch this morning, the person who usually posts information (has been legit for the past 6 months or so mentioned that usually the information makes way to the internet around 8PM JST. (also mentioned the next time we'd see a trailer would be in March around ~3 months ago, detailed some stuff on previous trailers before they came out also))

I don't know what's going to happen, I'd like to see it be true but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom