• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFCC: The Crystal Bearers Website (Releasing NA 26.12.09)

Dragona Akehi said:
Apparently, there is way more material readily available than the stuff you're seeing. Course they're not quite finished...

You guys don't want to be completely spoiled tho, do you?
Yea I guess you are right.

schuelma said:
Simultaneous worldwide release this year???? :D
Yes Please :D

This update took around two days! but the crystal now is filling up way faster than last time.
This video wasn't funny as the last one :/

Too Many Thrills
Hmm...

Kenka said:
So, there are still 7 other "things" to be discovered ?
Yup. If things keep going at the quicker rate it's going today, everything will be unlocked in a week or two.

Maybe the final video will be an actual gameplay trailer. Or one more wacky video of Layle getting his ass handed to him. :lol

tim1138

GoldandBlue said:
Yup. If things keep going at the quicker rate it's going today, everything will be unlocked in a week or two.

Maybe the final video will be an actual gameplay trailer. Or one more wacky video of Layle getting his ass handed to him. :lol

At 69% now.
I'd be surprised if we get gameplay before E3 (unless is holding an event). And hoenstly I hope it's just more wacky videos that have no context and are funny.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Dragona Akehi said:
Apparently, there is way more material readily available than the stuff you're seeing. Course they're not quite finished...

Yes, yes I do damnit!

I honestly thought this game was a goner, and this teasing, while nice in a way, makes me want to metaphorically slap SE all the more.

Anyway, 72%

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Dragona Akehi said:

YES

YES I WANT

those videos sure are something. I dont' know what to make of them. I would like another trailer though, something that is a bit longer. Of course more details would be nice. But I can be patient.

I just remember how some people thought this game had been cancelled.

Akai

Hahahaha, was thinking "They can't be serious..." before he dived out of the way...

Now I'm kind of curious what kind of animation there will be for actually being hit by that train...

Busaiku

Akai said:
Hahahaha, was thinking "They can't be serious..." before he dived out of the way...

Now I'm kind of curious what kind of animation there will be for actually being hit by that train...
It seemed like he was hit by the train, but pushed aside by the resistance things.
Not sure what they're called or whatever.

Akai

Busaiku said:
It seemed like he was hit by the train, but pushed aside by the resistance things.
Not sure what they're called or whatever.

Naaaaah, that was totally a character-driven roll...Unless the hit detection is so bad that you can get hit from a full body-length away!

ReiGun

Dude could have gotten off the tracks before the train even got close, but instead chose to wait so he could show off his powers.:lol I like this Layle guy.

ReiGun said:
Dude could have gotten off the tracks before the train even got close, but instead chose to wait so he could show off his powers.:lol I like this Layle guy.

Yeah, the original description of him is that he's already a super powered hero and he knows it. So he acts like a calm badass most of the time.

Oxx

zelda8-1.jpg

Choo choo.

AceBandage said:
Yeah, the original description of him is that he's already a super powered hero and he knows it. So he acts like a calm badass most of the time.
I remember them saying that he had a fire element sword . . . and that he would get different types of weapons in the game. (but this was years ago >_> )

Hope that stayed cause it seems like they made some big changes.
(And I hope Im not the only one hoping for alt-uniforms!:D )

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Black-Wind said:
I remember them saying that he had a fire element sword . . . and that he would get different types of weapons in the game. (but this was years ago >_> )

Hope that stayed cause it seems like they made some big changes.
(And I hope Im not the only one hoping for alt-uniforms!:D )

To be honest, I'd be slightly surprised and disappointed if they made melee weapons apart of combat at this point. I'm really digging the innovation this game is bringing to Square RPGs.

Andrex said:
To be honest, I'd be slightly surprised and disappointed if they made melee weapons apart of combat at this point. I'm really digging the innovation this game is bringing to Square RPGs.

I'm surprised you've been able to pick up anything at all about the gameplay.

Not that I'm complaining. I actually love these videos.

GDGF

Soothsayer
That was cool!

Although I was expecting a boulder to fall on him or something after he dodged the train :lol

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
AceBandage said:

Seriously, I love how refreshing that is, especially in JRPGs.

I hope we see more of this soon:
2s9ab6c.jpg

I just noticed that SQUARE ENIX almost completely eradicated the first trailer for this version of The Crystal Bearers from YouTube. There's only one instance of it left. My own upload reached almost 30,000 people – what purpose does it serve them removing free advertising for their games?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Prime Blue said:
I just noticed that SQUARE ENIX almost completely eradicated the first trailer for this version of The Crystal Bearers from YouTube. There's only one instance of it left. My own upload reached almost 30,000 people – what purpose does it serve them removing free advertising for their games?
I'm not sure if it's the reasoning here but SE more often than not sells stuff that's normally free (demos, trailers, etc).

Dascu

Fuu said:
I'm not sure if it's the reasoning here but SE more often than not sells stuff that's normally free (demos, trailers, etc).
Don't be harsh, you usually get a nice bonus like a movie for buying their demo's.

Top Bottom