• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFCC: The Crystal Bearers Website (Releasing NA 26.12.09)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Dascu said:
Don't be harsh, you usually get a nice bonus like a movie for buying their demo's.
Or an artbook with some year old trailers. Can't really blame them when there's a market for those.

I'm loving these CB videos anyway. :lol

Fuu said:
I'm not sure if it's the reasoning here but SE more often than not sells stuff that's normally free (demos, trailers, etc).
I looked up the original FFCCNews post with the trailer. It says that the TCB trailer was publicly available only from May 25th to June 10th, 2007. Still doesn't explain though why they removed it from YouTube two years later. I'm not much of a proponent of such policies, forcing the deletion of "copyrighted trailers" and doing their oversecretive showings in CLOSED MEGA THEATERS™.

News flash: Your games already sold at a time you actually made game footage available to your customers rather than showing them the finger.

Kenka

OK, the french version of the website seems buggy. The crystal is empty and the links on the right are absent.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
80%!! Meltdown am go!
For some reason I'm really enjoying these vids, I mean they're short, weird and sometimes disturbing but they give us slight insight in how the game works-

bdouble

Yeah its supposed to be some sort of open world type of thing. To me looks like they are putting together something that could be a lot of fun.

Insaniac

sounds good, I always felt the original FFCC could benefit from an open world. Now if only they could make a proper sequel to the original.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Insaniac said:
sounds good, I always felt the original FFCC could benefit from an open world. Now if only they could make a proper sequel to the original.
That's kinda what the two DS games are.

Diablos54

It's saying 0% now for me, I guess the new vid should be up any second now! :D

:lol :lol He got owned again! I'm loving these little teasers.

Insaniac

grandjedi6 said:
That's kinda what the two DS games are.

I'll let the graphic whore in me out and say no, they aren't... they don't immerse the player as much as the Cube version did. There's was a lot of potential in the first FFCC that needs to be realized with the Wii.

Not just the graphics though, the DS games just didn't capture the feel of the first one

Diablos54

Insaniac said:
I'll let the graphic whore in me out and say no, they aren't... they don't immerse the player as much as the Cube version did. There's was a lot of potential in the first FFCC that needs to be realized with the Wii.
I'm not too sure about that, the DS can handle the old CC sytle perfectly fine, even if the graphics need to take a hit. I'd much rather have a more single player focused game which it seems we're getting with TCB, than a CC Wii sequal.

Insaniac said:
Not just the graphics though, the DS games just didn't capture the feel of the first one.

I do agree with this though. I still remember arriving at that lake area in the first CC. Loved the feel and setting of the first CC so much. :D

Insaniac

Diablos54 said:
I'm not too sure about that, the DS can handle the old CC sytle perfectly fine, even if the graphics need to take a hit. I'd much rather have a more single player focused game which it seems we're getting with TCB, than a CC Wii sequal.

I won't criticize your opinion, but I played 3 players FF:CC and it was and absolutely blast, 4 player would only be better. The first FFCC lacked good single player. I feel that if the crystal bearers had implemented multiplayer it'd be a lot of fun like the original. Oh well perhaps another game.

Akai

Hahaha, maybe the point of the game is to demean Lyle as much as possible? I don't think you can get much lower than being pissed on...

Rpgmonkey

As goofy as all of this is, I like that it shows the possibilities you have in the game while doing it in a humorous way. :lol

Gallagher

Banned
God... don`t buy it for your children... this game has a lot of.... well.... let me say it like this.... god is not amused xD

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
This shit keeps getting better and better, I'm falling in love with this game already. :lol

bigswords

Can't they call this FFCC: Force users?

I wish for a FFCC echos of time with gamecube graphics. Damn it ! Square I'm buying a DSi to play online for FFCC, I have funded your evil.

Please? :(

GDGF

Soothsayer
:lol This is fucking awesome.

I was going to do a taking the piss joke but I see it's already been done.

Kinda pissed off about that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Awesome video, but some very nasty slowdowns evident. I was hoping for a stable framerate.

justchris

GDGF said:
:lol This is fucking awesome.

I was going to do a taking the piss joke but I see it's already been done.

Kinda pissed off about that.

-_- Well played sir, well played.

EatChildren said:
Awesome video, but some very nasty slowdowns evident. I was hoping for a stable framerate.

We don't even have a release date yet, I think they still have time to do optimization and cleanup.

Top Bottom