• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFX HD... still coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruno MB

That video is pretty embarrassing, is that everything they can show after so many time?

Square Enix incompetence never ceases to amaze me.

On top of it they chose the wrong Final Fantasy, they should have remade Final Fantasy XII. It would have been amazing to play it on PS Vita.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
They should do it Persona style and replace Yuna with Lightning for the re-release!

Sophia

It is updated.

Her body looks more detailed at any rate, but the facial expressions just.. don't seem right. Ah well.

In the internet of fairness, even the 720p video looks awkward. So once we get some better shots it'll probably be easier to tell.

Ratrat

No mention of the PlayStation 3 version. Is it still on track or do we know nothing about it?
It was mentioned in the video. Expect news very soon.
That video is pretty embarrassing, is that everything they can show after so many time?

Square Enix incompetence never cease to amaze me.

On top of it they chose the wrong Final Fantasy, they should have remade Final Fantasy XII. It would have been amazing to play it on PS Vita.
12 will be next. FF1~12 on vita is pretty sweet.

rapid32.5

doesn't look that much different from the PS2 version, with the time spent expected much better results. Square hasn't stopped disappointing me this gen.

Perkel

Banned
xizehn7.jpg

From september 2011

yuna-high-poly-low-poly.jpg

Looks like FFX is going to 3DS. In comparison to that model, recent vita model is downgraded. Or they simply don't care anymore and they are doing straight PS2 to vita port.

Baki

If they don't release this during 2013, the sales of this game will suffer on the PS3. Honestly, it takes 6 weeks and a small team to make a PS2 Classic HD. What is wrong with Square Enix? Honestly, this should have been released by now.

MrDenny

I hope they update all the low quality models in the cut scenes to the high quality models.
Also wonder if they will fix the lip synch for the English va.

Narolf

Banned
doesn't look that much different from the PS2 version, with the time spent expected much better results. Square hasn't stopped disappointing me this gen.

Come on, that one really reeks bad faith. Can you please elaborate a little bit? It's the most polished PS2 re-master I have got to see so far.

Reiko

Banned
I hope they update all the low quality models in the cut scenes to the high quality models.
Also wonder if they will fix the lip synch for the English va.

That's what I was wondering about. The high quality characters talking to lower LOD models and then switching back to higher quality versions was jarring.

Kingdom Hearts does this too... But the art style hides it well.

Perkel

Banned
Come on, that one really reeks bad faith. Can you please elaborate a little bit? It's the most polished PS2 re-master I have seen so far.

They shown updated model of yuna in 2011 posted above and looks like Vita model is PS2.

It is either:

a) 3DS + Vita release which is logical considering 3DS is selling like hotcakes
b) They will just up res and native 16:9 and call it a day

Square Enix incompetence never cease to amaze me.

Agreed. Imagining an expanded FFXII with more hunting and multiplayer

They showed updated model of yuna in 2011 posted above and looks like Vita model is PS2.

It is either:

PS2 ports don't run very well on the 3DS. Try Metal Gear Solid 3 or Splinter Cell and you'll see what I mean.

Ratrat

From a business standpoint, Sony better damn well hope so. People will buy a Vita for this. They won't if it's on PS3.

So glad it's resurfaced. YESSS.
No. It's not. Why are people who don't understand the language spoken pretending that they do?

Well the ingame models look a bit better but I need to see more screens...I just want to hear more news about it but hopefully soon isn't like in a Versus minute!

Pooya

Posted this in the other thread. Think the new HD-version looks alot bether than the PS2-version in higher-res.

FFX_Luca.png

yeah, I think it either has better textures or they were filtered somewhat, colors look different that could be from the video.

but you can see here

SYvDbLI.jpg

same area have better looking textures somewhat, it's definitely not same.

Squire

Banned
No. It's not. Why are people who don't understand the language spoken pretending that they do?

I didn't say it was canned, I said it would probably be an aid to Vita if it were. People are already ignoring Vita versions of games because they're on PS3. They have the former and not the latter. This hurts the Vita. There's very, very little compelling exclusive software.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
This.

KH HD is more impressive than this and that was announced not so long ago and we had more info on it too. FFX was announced in 2011 and we haven't info on it for more than a year. The stills today don't sell me.

They said that KH 1.5. development started earlier and was already ongoing before FFX HD was announced.

If they don't release this during 2013, the sales of this game will suffer on the PS3. Honestly, it takes 6 weeks and a small team to make a PS2 Classic HD. What is wrong with Square Enix? Honestly, this should have been released by now.

I think extra effort is needed for updating textures, character models and upscaling the many pre-rendered elements (I hope). The game has too much pre rendered stuff to just do a standard HD procedure I think.

Ratrat

I didn't say it was canned, I said it would probably be an aid to Vita if it were. People are already ignoring Vita versions of games because they're on PS3. They have the former and not the latter. This hurts the Vita. There's very, very little compelling exclusive software.
Yeah, was referring to the post you quoted. The guy said "ps3/vita" and people are claiming it wasn't mentioned...

gocubs

Looking nice and im surprised about a Vita version. I don't remember Square announcing a vita version when they talked about a FF 10 HD remake coming to the PS3.

Narolf

Banned
They shown updated model of yuna in 2011 posted above and looks like Vita model is PS2.

It is either:

Looks much better into motion, without the close-up onto Yuna's face on a model-viewer. Likewise, she gets a lot of close-ups in cut-scenes thorough the game and they had even resorted to motion capture. I'm inclined to believe they have already anticipated the limitations.

I don't expect the 3DS to handle that at all, even though the way they polished Tidus and Yuna did remind me of how they polished Link.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Looking nice and im surprised about a Vita version. I don't remember Square announcing a vita version when they talked about a FF 10 HD remake coming to the PS3.

It was first announced to hype the Vita.

Kyon

Banned

they were both announced at the same time lol not sure how you missed it. it was a giant logo

Squire

Banned
Yeah, was referring to the post you quoted. The guy said "ps3/vita" and people are claiming it wasn't mentioned...

He doesn't speak the language, dude. It's not really worth getting upset about. Thanks for the clarification.

It's definitely the pre-rendered stuff. They couldn't due this in six weeks. Probably not six months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom