• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played an hour without new patch and the frame pacing is still there. Atleast I will be able to tell the difference if the pacing is fixed once i download the new patch.

By new I mean 1.01. Also no bugs for me so far so Tabata was not wrong when he the delay is for more polish.

valkyre

Played an hour without new patch and the frame pacing is still there. Atleast I will be able to tell the difference if the pacing is fixed once i download the new patch.

By new I mean 1.01. Also no bugs for me so far so Tabata was not wrong when he the delay is for more polish.

Please keep us posted!

Renae

sorry, was playing.. . came back and saw some people wanted a pic of the reverse cover

HNI_0005.JPG

Don't know if it's me or the pic quality, but it looks like I printed it myself at home... Pretty ugly.

Quick question... If if start FFXV without having seen any of brotherhood or Kingsglave, what will I miss ? Just optional references ?
Not a fan of "transmedia" stories...

cripterion

I know I can probably get this early in France, but I'm only digital this gen except for a Ryu ga Gotoku Ishin.

When's the preload up for PS US store?

artsi

Don't know if it's me or the pic quality, but it looks like I printed it myself at home... Pretty ugly.

Yeah agreed. I don't really like reversed covers as there's not PS4 logo or any of the other logos that say "yeah this is an official product".

Looks like a bootleg man.

On the Pro in High Quality Mode?
Because that's where the Judgment Demo has the bad framepacing.

Other mode was fine on the pro.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
:/

Doesn't look good without PS4 logo and frame.
Yeah that's what's wrong here.

You could have a logo-less case that looks pleasing, but it would need to have standout art. The FFXV logo can't carry it.

It should have the PS4 frame if they were going for the classic Japanese/Euro-style cases.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I would be very, very highly surprised if a patch didn't drop on the 29th.

I won't be surprised if they did another patch that renders old saves incompatible. It's one way to deal with early buyers.

Norci7

Thx for the pic but ugh.. I hate reversible covers on Ps4.
With no ps4 bar and no logos it just looks bad. Not like a game cover at all

I think Doom looks cool even without the bar and logos. This one is lazy though. The background should be white.

Mifec

I don't get it though. Where did he get ousted? What was so bullshitty in his impressions?

Jason Schrier a journalist who played the game said that the posts seem like someone who only made them based on previews they watched and that the more he read it the more holes he found alongside some stuff that didn't seem right at all.

Crowne

Neo Member
The graphics-whore (sadly it is a quite big one) in me would like to now, how the visuals are holding up in high quality pro mode with hdr enabled? Are there any impressions, especially regarding the frame-pacing with the day one-patch?

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't get it though. Where did he get ousted? What was so bullshitty in his impressions?

I think more than anything, the post yet again drew attention to himself and his history of doing similar things, which the rest of the moderation team have taken note on multiple occasions, more than it did setting up a scenario where he had to explain himself in this specific instance. But really, as I said this goes much further back than my own history with GAF, so I'm just going to leave it at that and not misrepresent the moderation action.

I personally think he has access to some information and enjoys making up a lot of stuff to mix in with it. Like I said, knowing stuff and being full of shit aren't mutually exclusive, nor does one make the other okay.

For accuracy.

theofficefan99

Can everyone pls stop saying "balee" or "balee dat" I just imagine some tryhard middle schooler saying it and I get annoyed

Also, Sora: sorry to hear about the crashing... unfortunately we're all gonna experience crashes and plenty of bugs for a while, but eh. As long as none of these bugs or crashes corrupt my save data or anything.

MilkBeard

There's supposed to be an IGN stream today, but they will probably not have anything new that we haven't already seen.

EDIT: There will be an interview with Tabata, which may or may not be interesting.

MilkBeard

I like the sound of optional dungeons and cutscenes, even though Sora mentioned that a missable cutscene was the most emotional one he saw yet. This kind of reminds me of FF VI. One of the draws that game had for me was running through the game, searching for the secret, missable cutscenes. The mystery surrounding Shadow in particular was a huge draw for me.
I do hope that the main narrative picks up, but I hope there are good, optional scenes that you can get by doing some digging in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom