• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
Sent a bunch out, tell me if you didn't get them or not.

If you talk about it here, try to be safe about how you talk about it since some may not even want to hear what Sora said.

Samimista

ebay disc guy comes through..

xgvZYHU.jpg

I'm a bit worried about my disc. eBay guy is reliable, but it seems mine has arrived at the mailing facility in Sandston, VA over an hour ago. Decided to Google up the area, and the first page is literally filled with complaints about its mail facility. =/

I'm gonna keep an eye on my tracking information, but the complaints and reviews don't seem assuring. The facility also closed at 5 PM EST, so I can't call now.

HeelPower

That's not necessarily true. Like, take TLoU's ending for example. A lot of people were very down on that, but considering the journey that Joel and Ellie went through, most people felt that the ending was justified even if it felt inconclusive. You need the context sometimes to make an accurate judgment. Would you say TLoU is a bad game?

Very good example.

If somebody were to describe TLoU's ending in text form it would sound terrible.
Another example would be Witcher 3's. Plot summarized into a couple paragraphs doesn't sound that great ,but actually experiencing,being with plot as it happens is far more interesting & satisfying.

But this is especially true for TLoU.
Yeah Ellie just says "Okay"...it cuts to black,

Gbraga

Yeah, people who haven't played the game will have their minds over the two weeks with the spoilers already available.

That's not necessarily true. Like, take TLoU's ending for example. A lot of people were very down on that, but considering the journey that Joel and Ellie went through, most people felt that the ending was justified even if it felt inconclusive. You need the context sometimes to make an accurate judgment. Would you say TLoU is a bad game?

Did you see the ending already? Just yes or no, I'd like to PM you something if you did. :p

Ray Down

Banned
If people still want the impressions tell me now, I'm will be leaving work in 8 minutes.

You will have to relay on someone else for them afterwards.

Ray Down

Banned
You might want that summary from Ray Down. Sora wrote a lot about the ending.

If anything the impressions I wrote talk about the ending the least, lol.

He liked the ending guys, he wrote a lot about it that I decided to leave out. Maybe should have added more about it but what ever I'm in a rush.

Gbraga

I can't get over everyone calling him "Tabby." I'm laughing real hard at this for some reason.

Did you see the presentation when he brought that up? He just came out of nowhere and said "I'm the director, my name is Tabata, call me Tabby". It was so ridiculous that everyone just embraced it.

Taba-chan for the weebs.

Would be interested in the spoiler free impressions too Ray. Sorry to pester =P

Did you see the presentation when he brought that up? He just came out of nowhere and said "I'm the director, my name is Tabata, call me Tabby". It was so ridiculous that everyone just embraced it.

Taba-chan for the weebs.

That's Slim Tabby, son.

Gbraga

You might want that summary from Ray Down. Sora wrote a lot about the ending.

I've seen the ending, actually, that's why I asked, wanted to discuss something about it :p

I haven't! Still keeping stuff under wraps.

Alright, alright.

Looking forward to your impressions.

Just saw a XV commercial on tv for the first time.

Part of me still can't believe it's happening. lol

I had that moment when I first played Episode Duscae.

It was like, "I can't believe it. I'm actually playing as Noctis. WOW."

jimmypython

I think Taba-chan is high to say this, or losing his mind, but I don't agree with you on this at all.

Saying "the game is great, guys! :)" is not a spoiler, going on youtube comments and twitch chat of all kinds of games revealing plot points and secrets is a spoiler. That can be damaging to people's enjoyment, no matter if it's good or bad. You seem to think that only watching the whole game on youtube is a spoiler, but that's not the case at all.

Saying **MAJOR ENDING PLOT POINT** doesn't say anything positive or negative about the story, it only ruins the surprise.

AERITH DIES doesn't sell games. I don't think it harms sales either, but it has nothing to do with the game's quality either way.

Yeah, people who haven't played the game will have their minds over the two weeks with the spoilers already available.

I do agree getting spoiled unwillingly is very bad. And I hope Tabata was talking about those scenarios. Don't make spoilers available to the people who don't want them. Therefore there is a spoiler thread, which is for the people who don't care and want to get spoilers.

It is no secret I don't like what I've seen about the game, but I am still getting the game day one as I am an FF fan and I want the franchise to continue. So they won't lose sale from me, spoiled or not. However, if I were someone who's still on the fence and doesn't care about spoilers. After seeing the certain them, they might decide the game wasn't good enough for day one purchase and want wait it out. In this case spoilers serve as extensive preview. Yes, negative impression will impact sales. If Tabata wanted to go after spoilers because of this, it would be rather unfortunate.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi

Taba-chan for the weebs.

Oh man, I had no idea. That's perfect. xD

rjinaz

Mine came in a DVD case for Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 :v

lol still not as bad as receiving FFXIII IMO. That was one of the biggest disappointments in my life. I didn't thinlk BW2 was horrible.

If anybody has those Sora impressions can you send them via PM my way? Would appreciate it.

nemisis0

He liked the ending guys, he wrote a lot about it that I decided to leave out. Maybe should have added more about it but what ever I'm in a rush.

I would like a PM please.

goldenprince

Neo Member

Me too, if it's not too late!
Otherwise, anyone that did get them, I'd love them!

Charamiwa

Banned
Just want to know about his playtime and playstyle, can be posted here I think.

Regarding his playtime and playstyle :
He finished it in 25 hours. He rushed to finish it because he had exams I think, constantly using fast travel and doing very little side quest. Didn't do any post game things either.

(Spoiler just to be extra careful)

Regarding his playtime and playstyle :
He finished it in 25 hours. He rushed to finish it because he had exams I think, constantly using fast travel and doing very little side quest. Didn't do any post game things either.

(Spoiler just to be extra careful)
Cool, thanks. So probably something like
for me.

Received my copy from the "disc only man" inside a DVD case. There's a little damage on top of the bluray but I don't believe it'll affect any of the data on the disc. I'm in process of installing and updating right now.

Ray Down

Banned
I think Ray may have me on ignore lol. We got into it once about politics.

Anybody mind PMing me with those impressions. Would appreciate it. If not no big, won't ask again.
I don't have you on ignore just didn't see it. Got my brother to drive so I can try to send the message you mobile.
Though it may be best for someone else to send to you.

rjinaz

I don't have you on ignore just didn't see it. Got my brother to drive so I can try to send the message you mobile.
Though it may be best for someone else to send to you.

My bad. Glad to know, I respect you. It's cool don't worry about it. Maybe it's better not to know.

Edit:

JeffZero and Ray coming through. Thanks guys!

His game is ready, plot's weak, exploration heavy
There's a patch to download already
Call him Tabby

Ooh nice, maybe I should update Lose yourself Tabby version for release thread. It's a non-trivial amount of work though =P

Oh, and thanks Ray.

Sounds good, just that completion time I find a little bit surprising (he says having spent 20+ hours between Duscae, Platinum, and judgement).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom