• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbraga

So Gbrega, will you be playing the game with english or portuguese subtitles?

I'll try the portuguese ones first just to check if they're translated from japanese or english. If the latter, then I'll keep english subtitles in order to have the item/spell names I'm used to.

Ooh nice, maybe I should update Lose yourself Tabby version for release thread. It's a non-trivial amount of work though =P

PLEASE

I'll try the portuguese ones first just to check if they're translated from japanese or english. If the latter, then I'll keep english subtitles in order to have the item/spell names I'm used to.

I was curious how they would translate the splles so I took a look at the Titan demo from BGS.

Blizzara was translated to Nevasca+.

I hated it.

rjinaz

The impression didn't really have any spoilers. Nothing of consequence anyway. Coming from somebody that wants to avoid spoilers, you're safe.

I don't plan on rushing through the game like Sora did. Should be a long and fun ride.

Gbraga

I was curious how they would translate the splles so I took a look at the Titan demo from BGS.

Blizzara was translated to Nevasca+.

I hated it.

LMAO

It's not bad, actually, but it's so weird.

I don't think I'll ever get used to portuguese menus in games. Took them too long to start localizing them, so it's completely alien for us. It's so weird.

JBwB

Those impressions sound really good. I'm a little concerned about the game length but to be fair he did say he was rushing through it and not doing much of the side content.

I still expect to finish everything in 100+ hours though. The hunts / sidequests / dungeons will keep me very busy.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I'm sending the pms to everybody above.

Thanks for covering that batch! I have to jet in a sec so I was kinda worried I wouldn't have time.

Should have done it with Verendus Impressions /s

Sten_no.jpg

Deku Tree

What's so great about co-OP in a single player RPG focused on story telling like FF? And why lock it behind a future DLC? Aren't you going to be finished with the game by then and uninterested in returning to it by the time the DLC is released?

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I've gotta run, so if someone else either Ray Down or myself have PM'd could catch those folks up who are requesting the impressions, please do!

nemisis0

Impressions everyone is asking for, credit to ray and sora:

XV is my favorite game of the year, and I had a lot of fun with it. The problem is that it had potential to be one of my favorite games of all time, it just needed more time and a clearer vision.

Yeah gameplay is good for the most part.

Overall I prefer the chapter from 9 onwards over the open world chapters.

What I meant by the infinite comparison is that the story feels like a mishmash of half-assed ideas. You can sense the development issues and the one thousand rewritings everytime a cutscene starts.

See, I thought the game's plot was a disjointed but the final chapter was perfect, like, really really well done.And the ending.... oh boy.. the CG was beautiful enough in itself

Wait, people didn't like the set-pieces? I throughly enjoyed each one of them, wished there were more!

I finished the game in a total of 25 hours. Admittedly, I didn't do much of the side content, and I was rushing a little bit since I have midterms next week, but I did a few (reached Rank 4 in hunts), and never skipped a dialogue or a cutscene. (Don't know what difficulty he was playing on, seeing how he was rushing I'm guessing easy)

Anyway, Can't remember how many bosses were in the game (and not sure what exactly qualify as a boss, some are very strong monesters, others have their own parry animations and little set-pieces), but there was a good amount, then there's the hunts.

Didn't encounter any ultimate weapons, didn't even get the whole royal arms set, there's a few tombs for me to find out later. I plan to dig into the post game content soon, but not in the next few days. I can see myself playing the game for a hundred hours more.

I think the game has easily the best dungeons in the series. Even the mines/caves differs from each other with unique environmental hazards and traps.

theofficefan99

I live in SoCal and would've loved to nab an early copy, but I have to finish World of Final Fantasy cuz I know I'll stop caring about it once XV is in my hands lol.

Also, I was in the hopeful 90-92 Metacritic average camp but now I'm expecting somewhere between 84-86.

What's so great about co-OP in a single player RPG focused on story telling like FF? And why lock it behind a future DLC? Aren't you going to be finished with the game by then and uninterested in returning to it by the time the DLC is released?

Co-op is fun the tales of series (bought a GameCube and tales of synphonia to play with my Brothers).

I do agree that the Co Op features should not be locked behind a sperate paywall. It's a pain and simple money grab.

Place in socal calls me to tell me they have copies available same day I run into big money issues. At least I found out about the money issues before I bought the game. Still sad! Cant buy till next friday now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom