• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerokis

Not defending anyone but I find it amusing that FFVII R was 'a sure thing'. It's easy to say that now of course but a couple of years ago I doubt there were tons of people that thought it was 100% guaranteed to happen.

I didn't think FFVIIR would happen, and nor did I want it to happen.

But Verendus had been going on about the game appearing on next (now current) generation consoles since, what, 2013? It was an open-ended enough prediction that he wouldn't have been called out on it for a long time, and considering the nonsense that had long surrounded SE (secrecy, a messed up development environment, etc.), it wouldn't have been that difficult for Verendus to cover up for himself.

Not to mention that there was endless demand for a remake, and an obvious reason to make one. Whether or not Verendus had actual, relevant insider info in this case, I can see how spreading that rumor would have seemed like a low risk, high reward proposition.

wmlk

btw, I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but if anybody has gameplay of roaming Altissia then please send them my way. That's all I really want to see/hear now before release. I wanna be all about the GRATIA MUNDi.

CLBridges

This is really happening isn't it? FFXV on 11/29. Been following this game since initial reveal and haven't been this hyped to play a game this gen since Destiny. Read the impressions that were posted and under normal circumstances I would just say cool, nice. But, I'm feeling even better about the experience this game will bring. Can't wait!

Grim-Reality

Neo Member
I didn't think FFVIIR would happen, and nor did I want it to happen.

But Verendus had been going on about the game appearing on next (now current) generation consoles since, what, 2013? It was an open-ended enough prediction that he wouldn't have been called out on it for a long time, and considering the nonsense that had long surrounded SE (secrecy, a messed up development environment, etc.), it wouldn't have been that difficult for Verendus to cover up for himself.

Not to mention that there was endless demand for a remake, and an obvious reason to make one. Whether or not Verendus had actual, relevant insider info in this case, I can see how spreading that rumor would have seemed like a low risk, high reward proposition.

Oh I absolutely agree, and i'm not saying that it proves anything about Verendus having insider knowledge or not, I just took issue with people saying that it was an almost guaranteed thing to happen.

Gbraga

is this a wise post when there's considerations of banning for making stuff up in the thread

It's true, I work for Sony.

This is really happening isn't it? FFXV on 11/29. Been following this game since initial reveal and haven't been this hyped to play a game this gen since Destiny. Read the impressions that were posted and under normal circumstances I would just say cool, nice. But, I'm feeling even better about the experience this game will bring. Can't wait!

It is happening :')

Nya

Man FFXV threads are something else. I'm gonna miss them.

Indeed, I will miss the endless quality drama and weirdness this game keeps generating in every thread. All these ups and downs were at least fun to be part of, gonna miss it :''')

VIIR threads? Eh, I really doubt I'd be just as invested in the Remake as I am invested in XV right now. However, fan melt downs over the things that Nomura is inevitably going to change are going to be SO amusing ;P

Gbraga

I gotta ask: Which leaks specifically, and when were they ever confirmed?

I seem to be missing something here when it comes to that. lol

There were a couple that got way more things right than wrong. The first (?) 4chan one was the biggest. There's one particular very very important plot point that the Judgment trailer makes it seem like they were wrong on, though, and it's interesting that another supposed leaker (who talked about the post timeskip designs) called that it wasn't possible way back.

It did say that they were rewriting stuff though, so some of the things he got wrong may come from that. It's even interesting that they mentioned S-E had a bunch of flashbacks of Noctis and Luna and didn't know what to do with them, and the final game did have one awkwardly placed that wasn't there in preview builds. Not to mention the day one patch changing the damn song it plays when Cid is talking to the guys, they were tweaking considerably major things all the way up to release.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Indeed, I will miss the endless quality drama and weirdness this game keeps generating in every thread. All these ups and downs were at least fun to be part of, gonna miss it :''')

VIIR threads? Eh, I really doubt I'd be just as invested in the Remake as I am invested in XV right now. However, fan melt downs over the things that Nomura is inevitably going to change are going to be SO amusing ;P

I will be thrice as invested in VII-R as I am XV. And I am more invested in XV than I have been with any game in the past 4.5 years, by a considerable margin.

...the next few years of video game news will have no shortage of excitement for me. >_>;

wmlk

Wait, I've just actually fully read through the "impressions" by Verendus. He literally didn't spoil a single bit but just wrapped out every preview into an essay.

Audioboxer

This thread hag convinced me to compile a list of Verendus rumors and see what he's gotten right and wrong.

I mean people can get things wrong or be fed dodgy info, but outright making up impressions about something you claim you played is ball busting to the max.

EDIT: REDACTED. People weren't understanding what I meant.

Now here we are. The game close to fruition, and not a single spoiler was revealed yet! What the heck!

Nya

There were a couple that got way more things right than wrong. The first (?) 4chan one was the biggest. There's one particular very very important plot point that the Judgment trailer makes it seem like they were wrong on, though, and it's interesting that another supposed leaker (who talked about the post timeskip designs) called that it wasn't possible way back.

It did say that they were rewriting stuff though, so some of the things he got wrong may come from that. It's even interesting that they mentioned S-E had a bunch of flashbacks of Noctis and Luna and didn't know what to do with them, and the final game did have one awkwardly placed that wasn't there in preview builds. Not to mention the day one patch changing the damn song it plays when Cid is talking to the guys, they were tweaking considerably major things all the way up to release.

This actually is what scares me the most. I found it incredibly odd that they'd just remove the song like that, I mean, sure it was a little out of place but they just realized that now? I hope major scenes don't feel like its lacking something due to them changing up stuff all the time.

I will be thrice as invested in VII-R as I am XV. And I am more invested in XV than I have been with any game in the past 4.5 years, by a considerable margin.

...the next few years of video game news will have no shortage of excitement for me. >_>;

Haha then I wish you good luck my friend because its only going to get worse from here. Thankfully, I am keeping my expectations low for the Remake, not to mention VII in particular isn't my favorite game in the franchise (VI & VIII ftw) so it won't bother me if they decide to change things up honestly.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Haha I remember a long time ago that Verendus posted that Versus XIII had been canceled but that it was also changed to Final Fantasy XV. I could not and would not believe it. When the announcement came out I still believed that he was technically incorrect cause Versus XIII is now XV but he said that it was canceled at the same time. Only now do I understand what he meant. Versus was canceled, but the (majority of the) characters and elements became Final Fantasy XV.

Now here we are. The game close to fruition, and not a single spoiler was revealed yet! What the heck!
To be fair, that's something a lot of people were predicting.

Voror

Have we had any word on anyone in the US having gotten an early copy? I've mostly seen talk of New York with it probably available next week.

Scourge

Neo Member

Ah, thank you.

I only really read the first 4chan one, but after that it got a bit weird so I tried not to follow many of the leaks.

LordKano

This game is really a mess.
The post-mortem analysis about this Frankestein of Square Enix will be really interesting.

Munti

Wait, I've just actually fully read through the "impressions" by Verendus. He literally didn't spoil a single bit but just wrapped out every preview into an essay.

I didn't read his impressions (want to be suprised and don't wanna be spoiled). But if he didn't say something new, how is it than possible to call him out and saying that his informations are factually wrong?

good, here is another post of him that I think hasnt been shared here yet

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=149163140&postcount=226

Lets dig deep GAF

Not to derail the thread or anything but right off the bat

What if you get an arena fighter superficially similar to Power Stone, and it's not from Capcom, and it's not at the Playstation Experience? Would you still be ready? I miss the Dreamcast too.

Down for F.

That post links to a huge thread so I'm not sure what post you're referencing, but if I mentioned something Power Stone being announced soon, it's to do with the CyberConnect2 exclusive that should have been announced in December for PS3/PS4. It's a cartoon game which most people probably don't even know of, and would probably find underwhelming. I don't actually remember the name either. To be fair, I'm not even sure if it's been announced now.

This seems to be about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven.

I actually looked at one of his posts earlier today (the one that starts with "JRPG 1-4" and all that) and I found that half of it I could match up to actual games and half of it I was drawing blanks about what it was referring to, things that might not have ever been real (e.g. Shadow Hearts), or it was things like DMC5 which aren't hard to predict but up in the air ATM.

Gbraga

This game is really a mess.
The post-mortem analysis about this Frankestein of Square Enix will be really interesting.

I mean, if you watch Grounded (Making The Last of Us), you'll see that even what is one of the most awarded games of all time (for good reason!) was a huge mess not too far away from release. It just wasn't working, it wasn't fun, they couldn't make the AI work in a way that made encounters actually fun to play. I think it's more common than a lot of people might expect, it's just rare for companies to be as open about it as Tabata and Naughty Dog seem to be.

Ralemont

not me
I didn't read his impressions (want to be suprised and don't wanna be spoiled). But if he didn't say something new, how is it than possible to call him out and saying that his informations are factually wrong?

He did say a few specific things. The sticking point Jason mentions appears to be at around what chapter the structure/design of the game shifts, I think.

Lunar15

I mean, if you watch Grounded (Making The Last of Us), you'll see that even what is one of the most awarded games of all time (for good reason!) was a huge mess not too far away from release. It just wasn't working, it wasn't fun, they couldn't make the AI work in a way that made encounters actually fun to play. I think it's more common than a lot of people might expect, it's just rare for companies to be as open about it as Tabata and Naughty Dog seem to be.

I remember Retro Studios said that they were at a point where Donkey Kong couldn't even move backwards through a level right before DKCR came out.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
There's a difference between a game being a mess and a game being a frankenstein all the way up to post release after 10 years.

Haha I remember a long time ago that Verendus posted that Versus XIII had been canceled but that it was also changed to Final Fantasy XV. I could not and would not believe it. When the announcement came out I still believed that he was technically incorrect cause Versus XIII is now XV but he said that it was canceled at the same time. Only now do I understand what he meant. Versus was canceled, but the (majority of the) characters and elements became Final Fantasy XV.

Except Kotaku was the one who broke that story over 4 years ago.

Inuhanyou

Where is Verendus and why isn't he here defending himself?

He went into hiding and hasn't come out since people became skeptical of how his impressions read.

IMO, if i'm wrong i'm wrong about the position he holds at Sony, but in most cases the guy put his statements in ways that are super vague and can't actually be verified or even able to drawn much conclusion from. So now that people are just catching on is confusing.

I only really started giving him skepticism when people started taking him seriously when he went on that rant against Nomura, as if he didn't know how fucked up SE's pipeline was last gen. If he was in a position to know that, he would never have come out in such a manner blaming a single director.

Inuhanyou

What did Verendus do? Claim he has the game but he doesn't?

We had 8 pages of people freaking out to an insane degree(and many other websites picked it up mind you) about his super vague impressions of the game based on his mythical, non-bish verified 'insider' status

It was only when Jason from Kotaku called him out on not actually saying much of substance either way did shit hit the fan.

What did Verendus do? Claim he has the game but he doesn't?

He posted a very long review of his thoughts on an early copy of FFXV. Jason Schreier came in and called him out as possibly not having actually played the game and that most of what he's saying can just be gleaned from previews. It's, uh, well... I'm just in to see how it goes.

There's a difference between a game being a mess and a game being a frankenstein all the way up to post release after 10 years.

Except Kotaku was the one who broke that story over 4 years ago.
I know that now Inuhanyou it's just my last experience with him haha!

This was my next post after that in response to someone else: "Oh my bad sorry! It wasn't my intention to defend or criticize. I was just remembering my last big experience with him haha."

FelipeMGM

Not to derail the thread or anything but right off the bat

This seems to be about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven.

I actually looked at one of his posts earlier today (the one that starts with "JRPG 1-4" and all that) and I found that half of it I could match up to actual games and half of it I was drawing blanks about what it was referring to, things that might not have ever been real (e.g. Shadow Hearts), or it was things like DMC5 which aren't hard to predict but up in the air ATM.

yeah, thats what he said

Inuhanyou

I know that now Inuhanyou it's just my last experience with him haha!

This was my next post after that in response to someone else: "Oh my bad sorry! It wasn't my intention to defend or criticize. I was just remembering my last big experience with him haha."

:)

He posted a very long review of his thoughts on an early copy of FFXV. Jason Schreier came in and called him out as possibly not having actually played the game and that most of what he's saying can just be gleaned from previews. It's, uh, well... I'm just in to see how it goes.

Wow.

Although he did say he'll be showing a photo of his copy after the weekend.

sappyday

Wow.

Although he did say he'll be showing a photo of his copy after the weekend.

Yea he said he wasn't going to even post his impressions until he got the game back from where he works so he can take a photo. But then pretty much everyone asked for his impressions (including me) anyways and so he posted them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom