• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

Prepare for reverse FFXIII. Where everything is open at first like Gran Pulse (except moreso probably) and then linear for the second half.

That's essentially what the negative shit is about. Personally it won't bother me one bit.
The Edge preview makes it sound like you can still go back to the open world during the linear half. It's just that story progression in linear in the second half, which makes sense since it's a tighter way to escalate events and build up to an epic finale.

silva1991

Soon in UAE

8QSnQic.jpg

Hopefully 2 days soon or 3.

wmlk

Interesting feature I haven't seen before. There is a Twitch stream on now. During the installation, the player fights an endless enemy wave battle mode while the installation is underway. The installation timer about 15 min. ticks down and instead of bored waiting, one can just fight. Unless I misunderstood what I was watching.

Would like to see that in other games.

Yeah, I gotta say. This is an amazing idea. It for sure looks better than PD. I'm watching it right now.

Spoilers (really, the installation):
It's Noctis fighting in Insomnia. It's the Citadel, with the stairs leading down that were gone in PD.

Jesus fucking Christ.

What the fuck happen with delaying the game to not have this bullshit.

The delay wasn't to avoid a day one patch completely. It was to make the version of the game that would be shipped out minus the patch actually playable and up to their standards. Had they not delayed it, the day one patch would likely be rushed and MUCH bigger than just 7gbs.

Skilletor

Jesus fucking Christ.

They delayed it because they wanted the OG day 1 patch on the disc. They have always said that there'd be another one.

If anybody has a link to somebody selling this on ebay for PS4 in the US...I'm interested. :p

farisr

I'd be jelly and probably out searching for one of these copies right now if it wasn't for the fact that I'm getting this game at a 62% discount on release date, not to mention I just started up Watch Dogs 2, and have tons of other games to play in the meanwhile.

Also, it's been 3,846 days since Versus XIII was revealed. 12 days is nothing.

Aces&Eights

Not too many games make me jealous when people get them early but this is certainly one of them. Time to check the mom and pops!

~Cross~

Jesus fucking Christ.

Did you see the difference in graphical quality between the original "Gold" version and how it looked like a month later? It would have been like 20+ GB of a day one patch and the people that ignored it would have gotten a really rough looking FFXV

I'd be jelly and probably out searching for one of these copies right now if it wasn't for the fact that I'm getting this game at a 62% discount on release date, not to mention I just started up Watch Dogs 2, and have tons of other games to play in the meanwhile.

Also, it's been 3,846 days since Versus XIII was revealed. 12 days is nothing.

Feels longer than the 10 years we waited.

Lunafreya

Time to warn friends and mute/filter places I visit.

Only 12 more days friends!

Any clue whether the PS4 version pre-loads will go live beforehand?

The in depth preview in Edge said it starts brilliantly then halfway through takes a nosedive of epic proportions, but its FF and nobody will give a fuck until they have it and then let the fuckery commence.
Stop putting words in Edge's mouth, lol. They only said the second half is more linear with
a sequence featuring stealth section

True Fire

Honestly, I think it's amazing how Tabata was on top of things with the delay + massive Day 1 patch. Assassin's Creed 5 was a really good game that never recovered from its messy launch. Hell, the entire franchise is in stasis right now because of it.

Voror

How do you even ask about that to local stores? Just ask if they have it for sale?

I'll have to look up the stream, though I wouldn't be surprised if they start getting pulled.

Most likely. The whole point of the delay was to fix it up entirely and not release it in the state before (check the gamescon video). This patch is said to fix up any bugs and fix the camera.
I presume that's to fix the indoors camera? Cause that was a nightmare during the small indoors part of Judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom