• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmlk

I guess the days when I just insert the disc and play right away are truly over. The game will never be complete again. Always a stupid patch to download.

Guess I should just fucking quit gaming.

Dude, you can just forget about the patch and play the game. Nothing is stopping you to. Going in, just know that you'll be missing out on a better game because you didn't download the patch. That's all it is.

Skilletor

I guess the days when I just insert the disc and play right away are truly over. The game will never be complete again. Always a stupid patch to download.

What's stopping you from playing right away?

Start application without the patch.

But yeah, if you're this distraught over a patch, you should probably quit gaming for sure.

wmlk

OK, the music implementation in this is different I think. Feels like it goes to different timestamps instead of starting all over again.

TuXx

Dude, it ain't that serious lol. There's always GOTY editions if you want perfect copies.

Yes OR it could be like the old times where occasionally a certain part of the game could unplayable because of a bug that the developers didn't see which would be too bad for us since now we either get stuck with it OR buy another version of the game.

Or we could have patches which have been on PC way longer than consoles that would either fix or add more.

『Inaba Resident』;224831268 said:
[/B]
As in enemies appearing while exploring? If so, then that's good. Felt like they spawn nearly enough during the demo but I was thinking that might have had something to do with the game being locked to easy mode.

Yea, I'm seeing more enemies in the stream then I feel like I did with the demo. It doesn't feel nearly as sparse, which is nice to see.

Or maybe I was just unlucky with my time?

UberTag

Don't quit gaming. Just buy "game of the year" collections exclusively.

zewone

66884378.jpg

artsi

Uh, okay?

I mean, if waiting for a 100% automatic process to finish (from minutes to few hours max) is that difficult.

Falk

that puzzling face
i hate modern games like Quake 2 where you have to download patches to get the optimal experience

gaming is dead

God damn. I got it digital so I didn't know. So they basically put half of the game in the patch? That's seriously too much.

No, its the nature of the beast as games get bigger and more complex and people ask for them and decry indies as not worth it :p Iirc Witcher 3 patch was about fixes and optimizations. There's not reaaally a way to make patches smaller :(

I can't remember if W3 had it but some games like Deus Ex have only like 5 or 6 files in the install folder but each are like 4gb+ containing 1000s of smaller files (MGSV had this on PC but wasn't a super huge game, iirc). If they want to patch anything in a single file they have to redo the entire "master file" because of the index of files...within that file...its late and complicated :p

I mean at this point you probably should if you cant hack having to download day1 patches for whatever reason its not like its going to get better or smaller.

Vashetti

Banned
God damn. I got it digital so I didn't know. So they basically put half of the game in the patch? That's seriously too much.

Witcher 3's day 1 patch was a lot smaller. That ~20GB size is after several months of release, e.g. if you put the vanilla disc in now.

Map looks different with the sidequests addition.

Judgment demo had the sidequests stripped out.

I am talking about the patches that it received over the months and added to the overall size. It had a tiny day one patch but plenty of bugs, even some game breaking ones that weren't patched until several updates later.

I needed an entire night of patching to be able to play XI on a 256Kb connection, but I think that's beyond the point.

I can understand a day one patch these days, but 7.2GB seems excessive to me.

daripad

Where is the guy streaming?

The demo left me a little skeptical, as I felt the world was very empty and huge, like it was going to be a drag to go through it all.

Freeman76

If it were me, I would also ban any kind of hinting about anything good/bad happening in chapter X/the end.
I'm just too sensitive, unfortunately.
I know I won't be able to survive these two weeks unharmed.

Hahahaha.
Haahaahaaa
HA
:(
(Yes, I haven't finished FFX yet)

You need to stay out of any ff15 threads or you are asking for trouble, and cant really complain if you do happen to see something if you are wilfully checking threads when you are such a delicate flower for spoilers. There is always a pleb or two that wants to ruin it for others.

artsi

Is it worth to jump into FF XV having never played a FF game at all?

The development team has meant it to be for both fans and newcomers, so yeah.

The stories are always standalone anyway. There's certain stuff (items, creatures, weapons, etc) that appear in all the games, but you can start with any of them.

I needed an entire night of patching to be able to play XI on a 256Kb connection, but I think that's beyond the point.

I can understand a day one patch these days, but 7.2GB seems excessive to me.
We won't know the reason for such huge size until it is explained by SE. Best guess is they added movies from Kingsglaive, but that is rather stupid TBH. Could have worked better as free add-on.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'm gonna sit on this until I finish the last guardian, but I'd like to get it installed so it auto-patches ahead of me actually playing it. This is actually my first PS4 disc (pro is my first PS4), how does that actually work? Did it happen on the stream? Is there an "installing" thing that happens when you first boot? Will I know when it's safe to take out the disc and feel secure in the game updating itself later?

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Shieeeeeeeeeeeeet

Pokémon X/Y got out early here in Brazil too, but was mostly for people that pre-ordered to receive in home. I wish I got Final Fantasy XV early, but I asked to pick up at the store.

I know, I'm a dumbass

You need to stay out of any ff15 threads or you are asking for trouble, and cant really complain if you do happen to see something if you are wilfully checking threads when you are such a delicate flower for spoilers. There is always a pleb or two that wants to ruin it for others.

I know you're right. :(

Redx508

I'm gonna sit on this until I finish the last guardian, but I'd like to get it installed so it auto-patches ahead of me actually playing it. This is actually my first PS4 disc (pro is my first PS4), how does that actually work? Did it happen on the stream? Is there an "installing" thing that happens when you first boot? Will I know when it's safe to take out the disc and feel secure in the game updating itself later?

as soon as you put in the disc the update will be downloading and game will be installing

It's easy to keep the game updated until you come back to it. Just pop the disc into your PS4, hit the options button on the game tile and hit "check for updates."

That'll manually trigger an update check and you can just do that to make sure that your completely up to date.

FFXV and The Last Guardian are like gaming myths after all these years, can't believe they are both finally coming out and we will be playing them soon.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
as soon as you put in the disc the update will be downloading and game will be installing

It's easy to keep the game updated until you come back to it. Just pop the disc into your PS4, hit the options button on the game tile and hit "check for updates."

That'll manually trigger an update check and you can just do that to make sure that your completely up to date.

Coool. But so I don't even have to boot it to start installing it, huh. Could stick it in there, put PS4 in rest mode, and go about my business?

nikos

Does the current patch add Pro support? If not, I may just wait until release date to get the full experience. It's been a decade, what's another week or so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom