• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.

silva1991

Why sad ?

Not really sad. It just won't be the same without E3 Versus 13 and TLG anticipation next year and beyond lol.

It feels weird.

II don't think I followed games in forums like I did with TLG and versus/XV.

I don't know what I will look forward to anymore? :(

There is always the chance VII: Remake becomes the new XV/TLG

Fuck that. Whenever that game comes out it comes out. I won't actively wait for it. I learned my lesson -__-

You can play without installing the patch, though.

True LOL. Just wanted pro upgrades from the get go.

Wonder if the patch can download whilst I'm playing.

I mean I don't really mind no upgrades in the first chapter...already played it in the Judgement Disc demo anyhow.

Rpgmonkey

Waiting for that spoiler thread!

I don't really care about the plot I just want to know how ridiculous things get by endgame lol.

I suppose I could do that but even some of those GOTY don't come with the patches.
They actually do come with patches unless they are lazily packed with the DLCs added as codes that can be redeemed. Games like Dying Light, Witcher 3 and Shadow of Mordor all had patches + DLCs on disc.

/sorry for DP.

Nya

Ahhh I think its only a matter of time before the game leaks here as well, wow I just can't believe we're actually at the finish line and will play the game finally!!

I gotta say, as much as following this game has stressed me out over the years, I am gonna miss it. I've never been this invested in a game before, not even TLG, this emotional ride was so long that I can't believe we're finally coming down from it xD

wmlk

Dave is a fully fleshed out NPC, wow lol.

Some of these cutscenes look fantastic. JP lip synching is much better.

Redx508

Coool. But so I don't even have to boot it to start installing it, huh. Could stick it in there, put PS4 in rest mode, and go about my business?

if you put the ps4 in rest mode the disc will stop installing but the downloads will still be going.

Simo

Hmmm has anyone tried that London shop that was selling Deus Ex a week before release to see if they got it...

I guess the days when I just insert the disc and play right away are truly over. The game will never be complete again. Always a stupid patch to download.

Guess I should just fucking quit gaming.

I also like my games complete / finished on a disc, but it's not like the game won't be playable fine without the patch.
Games from the old days (NES, SNES, PS1, PS2 and so on) also had possible bugs to occur. Developers just had not the chance to patch a game, back then. But i am pretty sure they would have done it, if they had the possibility.

Most games run fine, even without the famous day 1 patch. Yes, there are games not working fine without the day 1 patch, but i would say these are still rare cases in comparison to games running fine, even without the patch.

Also, games are much more complex these days. Especially crazy big open world ones. There will always be something to fix or improve

Grim-Reality

Neo Member
Wasn't the reason the game was delayed because they wanted the launch day disc to be complete without any patches.
Obviously the game will get patched later down the road with content updates/balance changes and the like but if there's a patch out already and supposedly another one on release day, what was the point in delaying it?

Strakt

Wasn't the reason the game was delayed because they wanted the launch day disc to be complete without any patches. Obviously the game will get patched later down the road with content updates/balance changes and the like but if there's a patch out already and supposedly another one on release day, what was the point in delaying it?

Prob ps4 pro patch

Falk

that puzzling face
So this is a world we live in where some dude is playing a Final Fantasy mainline title in Spanish subs streaming in public before the game is out in Japan.

FQVR7Tc.png

DPtheGod

itshappening.gif

Holy shit, the fact that this game exists on a disc is still hard to believe.

The fact that some lucky turd is playing it right now is hard to believe.

The fact that I will be playing this in another 12 days is hard to believe.

WTF

itshappening.gif

I still wonder what stores are releasing it early. Do street date violation penalties not apply in these lands?

So this is a world we live in where some dude is playing a Final Fantasy mainline title in Spanish subs streaming in public before the game is out in Japan.

FQVR7Tc.png

lmao

Wasn't the reason the game was delayed because they wanted the launch day disc to be complete without any patches.
Obviously the game will get patched later down the road with content updates/balance changes and the like but if there's a patch out already and supposedly another one on release day, what was the point in delaying it?

The way I remember it is that they had like a 20GB day 1 patch for the sept. 30th release, so they delayed it to put that patch onto the disk, but then started making another "day 1" patch to patch up some more things.

Strakt

FQVR7Tc.png

Theres even a staff member in there; guess he wants to check the game out b4 banning him

artsi

FQVR7Tc.png

And he doesn't even download the patch and keeps us guessing WHAT'S IN THE PATCH.

Dude.

Theres even a staff member in there; guess he wants to check the game out b4 banning him

lol there's 2

yj4vPPx.png

FQVR7Tc.png

Man I fucking remember the release of Kingdom hearts 2, it came to Spain one fucking year after releasing in Japan. What a strange world we live now.

God bless worldwide releases.

jett

D-Member
An absolute mess of a launch for this game honestly couldn't have been more fitting.

FQVR7Tc.png

The globalists have won.

Grim-Reality

Neo Member
Prob ps4 pro patch

Yeah that's likely part of it, 2 additional patches by launch though makes it seem like there's more that needs fixing

The way I remember it is that they had like a 20GB day 1 patch for the sept. 30th release, so they delayed it to put that patch onto the disk, but then started making another "day 1" patch to patch up some more things.

That's hilarious, honestly they should've just released it when they originally planned since we're still facing the exact same situation.

~Cross~

Maybe they know something we dont. It would be hilarious if the twitch share function completely borks after chapter 5 and you need the real day 1 patch to keep streaming it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom