• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

adelante

main-banneraekqd.gif

AVAILABILE ON: CONSOLES, HANDHELDS, MOBILE RELEASE DATES: 25 September 2012 (NA), 28 September 2012 (EU), 27 September 2012 (AUS)
title-gameplayjgpxd.jpg

bulletzbr1w.jpg
FIRST TOUCH CONTROL
The way players control the ball has been transformed, eliminating near-perfect touch for every
player on the pitch, and creating more opportunities for defenders to win back possession. Poor passes
are harder to control, enabling defenders to capitalise on errant balls and poor touches. Factors such
as defensive pressure, trajectory of the ball, and velocity of the pass all factor into a player’s success.

MORE INFO:
http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-13-first-touch-control-2/

VIDEO:

bulletzbr1w.jpg
ATTACKING INTELLIGENCE
The most sophisticated artificial intelligence ever achieved infuses players with the ability to analyse
space, work harder and smarter to break down the defence, and think two plays ahead. Players will
make runs that pull defenders out of position and open up passing channels for teammates, and curve,
or alter runs to capitalise on openings as they occur.

MORE INFO:
http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-13-attacking-intelligence/

VIDEO:

bulletzbr1w.jpg
COMPLETE DRIBBLING
Inspired by Lionel Messi, experience the freedom and control to be more creative in attack. Face an
opponent to threaten attack while moving with the ball in any direction utilizing precise dribble touches
to dodge tackles, or turn and shield the ball, holding off defenders for longer stretches. With
Complete Dribbling it’s easier to be more dangerous in 1v1 opportunities.

VIDEO:

title-career-seasons4sqd6.jpg

bulletzbr1w.jpg
CAREER
IMPROVEMENTS/NEW FEATURES
  • International Management
  • In-Match Live Score Updates
  • Player Stories
  • Be A Player
  • Post-match audio rundowns of league results/updates
  • Managers Office
  • Transfer Negotiations
  • Breaking News overlay
  • Take part in 1st season European Football

MORE INFO:
http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-13-career-mode-the-new-features/
http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-13-career-mode-preview/

VIDEO:

SCREENSHOTS:

bulletzbr1w.jpg
SEASONS
  • You now own a trophy cabinet to show off your silverware and unlock better cabinets along the way
  • Play with a mate locally in 2v2 online ranked play
  • More matchmaking options such as guests, limited expansion, club vs. international teams and more
  • The ability to earn Division Titles will give more depth to moving up the ranks
  • Persistent team management saves allows you to set your club up once per squad update
  • Better star level matchmaking will allow for a more diverse set of opponents

bulletzbr1w.jpg
ULTIMATE TEAM (NOT AVAILABLE FOR WII U)

• Improved game introduction for new players
  • Special reward packs will await returning FUT players
  • Seasons format has been added to FUT with five divisions
  • Single-player Seasons in FUT have eligibility requirements while Online Seasons in FUT is all about bringing your best squad
  • At the end of every Season there will be a prize based on how well your squad performed
  • Team of the Week Challenges and FUT unlockables will be available in the Football Club Catalogue
  • A redesigned main menu for quicker navigation with dynamic information to keep you up to date
  • FUT is now integrated with EASFC so your friends can keep up with all your big signings
  • You can buy unlock rewards in the EASFC Catalogue, such as more squads or bigger trade piles
  • Fitness has been redesigned to make fitness recovery items more important
  • Neutral morale is the new default meaning you must manage your squad to get high morale
  • Players expect to play and win to keep high morale
  • Players with low morale recover to neutral faster
  • You can now challenge the Team of the Week for a reward every week
  • Earn rewards with NEW manager tasks
webappc1uu1.jpg
http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team

VIDEO:

SCREENSHOTS:

bulletzbr1w.jpg
PRO CLUBS
  • Online Pro and CPU teammates stats based off real attributes from players in top leagues
  • Tuning to human goalkeepers is no longer fully assisted in clubs
  • Maxed out Virtual Pros are more realistic to real life players plus accomplishment and growth have been tuned
  • A filter is available to match your ANY preference and human goalkeeper preference
  • AI teammates get better as your Club improves
  • Online Pro progression will be saved on the server which means no more hackers
  • Online Pro for Clubs only to prevent offline boosting
  • Seasons format has been added to simplify the ranking system
  • A Free Agent Hub allows you to play Drop-In Matches, trial players and look at leaderboards.

webappc1uu1.jpg
http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/clubs

bulletzbr1w.jpg
LEAGUE LIST, INTERNATIONAL TEAMS

Below is a list of all the leagues that will be featured in FIFA 13, as well as the individual clubs that will be included.

• Barclays Premier League, npower Championship, npower League 1, npower League 2,
  • France Ligue 1, France Ligue 2,
  • German Bundesliga, German Bundesliga 2,
  • K-League,
  • Major League Soccer,
  • Norweigen Tippeligaen,
  • Scottish Premier League,
  • Liga BBVA, Liga Adelante,
  • Airtricity League,
  • Raiffeisen SL,
  • Austrian Bundesliga,
  • Belgian Pro League,
  • Australian A - League,
  • Danish Superliga,
  • Dutch Eredivisie,
  • Russian League,
  • Swedish Allsvenskan,
  • Polska Liga,
  • Liga MX,
  • Liga Portuguesa,
  • Saudi Pro League,
  • Liga do Brasil,
  • Italian Serie A, Italian Serie B

REST OF THE WORLD

• Greece - AEK Athens, PAOK, Olympiakos, Panathinaikos
  • Argentina - River Plate, Boca Juniors, Racing Club
  • South Africa - Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates
  • Turkey – Galatasaray

INTERNATIONAL TEAMS:

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Camaroon, Chile, Colombia, Côte d’Ivoire, Czech Republic, Denmark,
Ecuador, Egypt, England, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Korea Republic, Mexico, Netherlands,
New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Scotland, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain,
Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela
title-extras7ipi4.jpg

bulletzbr1w.jpg
SKILL GAMES
FEATURES:
Skill games are the upcoming feature in FIFA 13, which aim to teach you the basics and advanced tricks of the game.
They are not only fun but thoroughly engrossing as well.
  • Shooting
  • Ground Pass
  • Penalties
  • Free Kicks
  • Crossing
  • Lob Pass
  • Dribbling
  • Advanced Shooting

MORE INFO:
http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-13-skill-games/

VIDEO:

SCREENSHOTS:

bulletzbr1w.jpg
MATCH DAY
FEATURES:
Real-world form, injuries, suspensions and media gossip will be reflected in-game throughout the season as well as
in dynamic commentary for top leagues. “Games of the Week” feature now in kick-off mode containing the biggest
matches from the real world of football

bulletzbr1w.jpg
VIRTUAL BUNDESLIGA
FEATURES:
This new feature is available for fans in Germany, Switzerland and Austria. Fans can pick a Bundesliga club and be
part of monthly competitions. An end-of-season champion will be crowned in a live showdown.

bulletzbr1w.jpg
FOOTBALL CLUB CATALOGUE
FEATURES:
In a new trailer from EA Sports for the soon to be released FIFA 13, Producer Matthew Lafreniere brings us details on
the Football Club Catalogue feature. This new system rewards you with Football Club Credits when you gain XP and levels
in the game. These credits can then be redeemed for all sorts of features in the catalogue, from celebrations to historic
kits. You can also share your accomplishments through the in-game news feed and push them to Facebook.

VIDEO:

bulletzbr1w.jpg
CREATION CENTRE
webappc1uu1.jpg
http://www.ea.com/uk/football/creation-centre

bulletzbr1w.jpg
GAMEFACE
webappc1uu1.jpg
http://www.ea.com/uk/football/game-face

title-pc-kinectl4quz.jpg

bulletzbr1w.jpg
PC
FEATURES:
  • Dual and triple display setups have been optimised.
  • Window Mode is back to help low performance systems and capturing.
  • FIFA 13 PC is feature identical to the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.
  • Mouse and keyboard support is now available.
  • Click to man mark and mouse drag player runs have been added for offline modes.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
  • CPU with Dual core processor (Core 2 duo or higher).
  • Intel Core2Duo 2.4GHz Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7.
  • 2 GB of RAM. 3D accelerated video card compatible with DirectX ® 9.0 c or equivalent (must support Shader Model 3.0 or higher).
  • ATI RADEON HD 2900. NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

bulletzbr1w.jpg
KINECT
FEATURES:
  • Swearing at the referee will not result in yellow cards, instead it will effect referee strictness.
  • Comments Kinect picks up could be used to trigger Career Mode stories.
  • Voice commands can be used to change tactics, formations and make substitutions.
  • In Be A Pro you can use Kninect to call for passes or encourage team mates to clear the ball, tackle or shoot.
  • Kinect will support multiple regional dialects.

VIDEO:

bulletzbr1w.jpg
PS MOVE
FEATURES:
Move can be used on offense for pinpoint passing by aiming at teammates, and players can use the wand to "paint" paths on the pitch
to send teammates on runs. In addition, twisting the Move wand will apply spin to shots. On defense, you can aim at teammates to switch players.

VIDEO:

bulletzbr1w.jpg
WII U
PREVIEW:
"In the same way that FIFA Football on the Vita was somewhere between FIFA 11 and FIFA 12 in terms of features, FIFA 13 on the
Wii U is somewhere between FIFA 12 and FIFA 13. For example the updated Impact Engine is in, but First Touch Control isn’t. The
gameplay feels good though, a little bit like a FIFA 12.5 in some ways, which may sound like a bad thing but this is a decent near
full version of FIFA on a nintendo console and through the new touch interface it offers features that you’re not going to find on 360 or PS3."
More: http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-13-wii-u-preview/

VIDEO:

SCREENSHOTS:

title-soundtrackkwqco.jpg

SONG LIST (ARTIST • SONG • COUNTRY):
Animal Kingdom • Get Away With It • England
Ashtar Command • Mark IV feat. Joshua Radin • US
Astro • Panda • Chile
Atlas Genius • If So • Australia
Band of Horses • Feud • US
Bastille • Weight of Living, Part 2 • England
Bloc Party • We Are Not Good People • England
Cali • Outta My Mind • US
Clement Marfo & The Frontline • Us Against The World • England
Crystal Fighters • Follow • Spain
Deadmau5 feat. Gerard Way • Professional Griefers • Canada
Django Django • Hail Bop • England
Duologue • Get Out While You Can • England
Elliphant • TeKKno Scene feat. Adam Kanyama • Sweden
Featurecast • Got That Fire (Oh La La) (feat. Pugs Atomz) • England
Fitz And The Tantrums • Spark • US
Flo Rida • Let It Roll Part. 2 ft. Lil Wayne • US
Foreign Beggars & Bare Noise • See The Light • England
Hadouken! • Bliss Out • England
Imagine Dragons • On Top Of The World • US
Jagwar Ma • What Love • Australia
Kasabian • Club Foot • England
Jonathan Boulet • You're A Animal • Australia
Kimbra • Come Into My Head • Australia
Kitten • G# • US
Kraftklub • Eure Madchen • Germany
Ladyhawke • Black White & Blue • Australia
Madeon • Finale • France
Matisyahu • Searchin • US
Metric • Speed The Collapse • Canada
Miike Snow • Paddling Out • Sweden
Passion Pit • I'll Be Alright • US
Reptar • Sweet Sipping Soda • US
Reverend And The Makers • Shine The Light • England
Rock Mafia • Fly Or Die • US
The Royal Concept • Goldrushed • Sweden
Royal Teeth • Wild • US
Santigold • Big Mouth • US
St. Lucia • September • US
Stepdad • Jungles • US
The Chevin • Champion • US
The Enemy • Saturday • England
The Heavy • Don’t Say Nothing • England
The Presets • Ghosts • Australia
Two Door Cinema Club • Sleep Alone • Ireland
Walk The Moon • Quesadilla • US
Wretch 32 • Blur • England
Youngblood Hawke • We Come Running • US
Young Empires • Rain of Gold • Canada
Zemaria • Past 2 • Brazil
title-coverzsrpg.jpg

dc89

Nice work! Day one.

I'm getting it on the 360. Would be tempted with the Vita version too but the fact we've seen nothing/next to nothing puts me off it.

Hanmik

I'm sure there's some cool Vita info out there but I was pressed for time, OT's a bit late as is :p

nope no Vita info... but a Wild guess from me.. just reuse the photos and assets from the first Fifa game on Vita.. it will be a watered down subpar version, if EA does not want to show it..

Very very excite. Still undecided on to get on PC or PS3, on one hand PC is better looking and smoother, but it's just so much easier to plug and play on PS3 compared to PC with friends offline.

Nice work! Day one.

I'm getting it on the 360. Would be tempted with the Vita version too but the fact we've seen nothing/next to nothing puts me off it.

There was a brief clip of it on the PlayStation Access episode 49 the other week, I can only assume it was the Vita version as they were showing it alongside LBP Vita. Although maybe I dreamt it as I just flicked through the episode on YouTube and can't see it on there.

Man

For those looking to buy the new Ultra Slim PS3, the 500GB version comes bundled with Fifa 13 in Yurop.

IllumiNate

This will be my first Fifa! Can't wait, loved the demo.

When is this available for download if we have EA Season pass?

AlexBasch

I just wish they would solve the issue of your Pro Player being missing if you change teams in Be A Manager, at least let me buy it, dammit. I see no reason of creating a VP because of that, it worked pretty well in FIFA10, whilst 11 and 12 had that problem just like that.

Other than that? Yeah, another year, another FIFA.

EDIT: NA cover will only have Messi? Cool. I didn't want that shithead Rafael Márquez in my Mexican cover anymore.

adelante

Tomorrow (probably around 7PM EST) for NA. Saturday for everybody else, I believe.

Here you go

What are the benefits of purchasing EA SPORTS™ Season Ticket?
•Early Access to FIFA 13
•US: Sept 21, 2012 (Retail: Sept 25, 2012)
•Europe: Sept 22, 2012 (Retail: Sept 28, 2012)
•Australia: Sept 22, 2012 (Retail: Sept 26, 2012)
•New Zealand: Sept 22, 2012 (Retail: Sept 27, 2012)
•24 FIFA Ultimate Team 13 Gold Premium Packs. One delivered each week.
•20% discount off all packs in FIFA Ultimate Team 13.
•Free access to FIFA 13 Creation Centre downloadable content

More details on Season Ticket here: http://www.ea.com/uk/football/news/ea-sports-season-ticket-fifa-13-faq-02

faridmon

Kanu at Portsmouth on the OP?

WTF?

EDIT: so you are picking some random Championship players. Gotcha.

Anyways, I don't know if I am getting this, I feel the changes from 12 is incremental, judging from the Demo. Although, I have been told that the final game differs alot from the Demo built. Probably gonna borrow from my cousin who gets every FIFA out there.

Tobinishi

So FIFA-Gaf, should i buy the Season Pass?

Girlfriend is on holiday and university hasn't started yet, so i could really make use of the extra days. 24 Gold Premium Packs aren't bad too for a Ultimate Team player like me, but 25€ isnt cheap imo.

Btw add me if you're an UT-player on PS3. Would love to fill my friendslist with some UT players. PSN-ID is my GAF username, timezone GMT+1

I'm getting the season pass, not played the demo and 24 packs seems a good way to build a decent team or get a lot of contracts and coins. Hopefully the game is as good as last year. I played the PES demo and the defending wasn't nearly as good as FIFA.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Got round to playing the demo on PC last night.

I was gonna resist but... fuck man it just felt so good to play, like waaaay better than before. Gah.

EDIT: Also gonna have to pre-order on Origin, I don't wanna pay £40 but it means when my housemates are queuing for midnight 360/PS3 copies again, I'll be sat at home already playing.

Kanu and Wiltord lololol.

Great OT, away for weekend, off to watch Spurs at weekend then travel back same night and will have early release waiting for me!!

mktrOOp

Banned
Can't wait to get Fifa 13 in my hands; the demo surprised my in a positive way and the minigames are a neat addition.

Aaand I'm a hopeless FUT junkie, so I'm glad that my addiction will return.

btw, does FIFA-Gaf organize some FIFA 13 tournaments?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Can't wait to get Fifa 13 in my hands; the demo surprised my in a positive way and the minigames are a neat addition.

Aaand I'm a hopeless FUT junkie, so I'm glad that my addiction will return.

btw, does FIFA-Gaf organize some FIFA 13 tournaments?

Depends on the platform.

Spat_triate

well, PES or this? >_<

FIFA 13 is a better game out of the box. PES demos were great and had the potential to win some FIFA converts back over, but the final game is really disappointing.

This is coming from a guy who bought every PES since 4 (yes even 08 and 09).

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
FIFA 13 is a better game out of the box. PES demos were great and had the potential to win some FIFA converts back over, but the final game is really disappointing.

This is coming from a guy who bought every PES since 4 (yes even 08 and 09).

Why is the final game "really disappointing" after being convinced by the demo?

Toma

I am seriously annoyed by the lack of information on the Vita version of this game.

Twice the sales, people pick up PS3 version, then two months later the Vita version. Double profit!

Hixx

Dunno why but seeing Steve Caldwell in the OP made me laugh.

Think I'll be going 360... should really get it on PC but nearly everyone I know gets it on the 360 :(

Bumhead

Banned
Not been as excited as this for a football game in years. On the basis of the demo this has the potential to surpass PES6 as my all time favourite football game.

Will buy on PS3 and wait on reviews for the Wii U version. Not too fussed about the missing feature set if this version allows me to play the game on the gamepad.

Griffin

Wich leagues are present? Is the Turkish league back?

Nope, only Galatasaray.

Below is a list of all the leagues that will be featured in FIFA 13.

Barclays Premier League

npower Championship

npower League 1

npower League 2

France Ligue 1

France Ligue 2

German Bundesliga

German Bundesliga 2

K-League

Major League Soccer

Norweigen Tippeligaen

Scottish Premier League

Liga BBVA

Liga Adelante

Airtricity League

Raiffeisen SL

Austrian Bundesliga

Belgian Pro League

Australian A - League

Danish Superliga

Dutch Eredivisie

Russian League

Swedish Allsvenskan

Polska Liga

Liga MX

Liga Portuguesa

Saudi Pro League

Liga do Brasil

Italian Serie A

Italian Serie B

Toma

Ah fuck you EA.

&#8226;Early Access to FIFA 13

Day -6 confirmed.

20% discount on downloadable content. Does that mean Fifa 13 from the PSN store would cost me 20% less?

I'm not expecting much, it should be similar to last year's version which wasn't all that great.
I didn't buy the version that came out earlier this year specifically because I wanted to wait for what I thought would be a fully featured FIFA 13. Still, the first FIFA on Vita seemed like a solid effort considering the fact that it was a launch game so I had high hopes that the team would treat this year's Vita version with some proper attention. Needless to say I'm not nearly as hopeful now.

Oh well, if the Vita version is bad I will probably just buy the game on PS3. I've had a great time with the demo.

Got round to playing the demo on PC last night.

I was gonna resist but... fuck man it just felt so good to play, like waaaay better than before. Gah.

EDIT: Also gonna have to pre-order on Origin, I don't wanna pay £40 but it means when my housemates are queuing for midnight 360/PS3 copies again, I'll be sat at home already playing.

Go to green man gaming and use the discount code.

£32

Kiraly

I didn't buy the version that came out earlier this year specifically because I wanted to wait for what I thought would be a fully featured FIFA 13. Still, the first FIFA on Vita seemed like a solid effort considering the fact that it was a launch game so I had high hopes that the team would treat this year's Vita version with some proper attention. Needless to say I'm not nearly as hopeful now.

Oh well, if the Vita version is bad I will probably just buy the game on PS3. I've had a great time with the demo.

The first FIFA Vita was an updated FIFA 11, because they said they didn't have time to implement the FIFA 12 engine on the brand new Vita hardware. They also said next versions would be up-to-date.

I have a hard time believing that now, if FIFA 13 Vita still runs on the 11 engine..

Nice OT! Will there be enough people to run a NeoGaf Pro Club? I have only ever played 11v11 twice :lol Getting this on PC,360 and Vita although has other people have said, I am worried about the Vita version.

Top Bottom