• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/24-30| Trying Our Hardest to Become Pachinko Slot Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
smh97qys.gif

Week of August 24th to the 30th, 2015.

Stream Monster Headquarters is the number one location to live vicariously through our favorite fighting gamers. Watch as they push buttons for our amusement and fight each other over bread crumbs.

Here are some quick links:

header2dusa7.png

Pax Prime
Fri, August 28, 1pm – Mon, August 31, 9pm
Fighting Game Announcements?
http://prime.paxsite.com/

Summer Jam 9
Fri, August 28, 5pm – Sun, August 30, 11pm
Capcom Pro Tour Ranking Event
http://bigegaming.com

Hong Kong Esports Tournament
Fri, August 28, 10pm – Sun, August 30, 11am
Capcom Pro Tour Asia Qualifier
http://hkesports.com/

header166z5i.png

• OCT 6 Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
  • WINTER Rivals of Aether
  • MARCH Street Fighter V
  • TBD Beast's Fury
  • TBD BlazBlue: Central Fiction
  • TBD JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven
  • TBD Next The King Of Fighters Title (tentative)
  • TBD Pokken Tournament
  • TBD Rising Thunder
  • TBD Tekken 7
  • TBD Tekken X Street Fighter
  • TBD Yatagarasu: Legend of Raven

header320xnl.png

On GAF we have various members that stream fighting games from time to time too. If you would like to add your channel to this thread, send me a PM.

header4tfzat.png

Often, some fighting games can seem intimidating to players new and old. Below are a bunch of resources that may be of aid to new players, or handy as references.

header5l8ymu.png

weeklygb33au7v.gif

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";176343420]Tell RockTurtle that. He randomly gave me the sprite one day so I decided to theme this week around it in appreciation lol[/QUOTE]

RIP Turtle ;_;

Don't run away from me Vulva.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";176343420]Tell RockTurtle that. He randomly gave me the sprite one day so I decided to theme this week around it in appreciation lol[/QUOTE]
I guess he is watching us from beyond the grave now.

I'm actually interested in Blanka if he is the new SFV character

the design team seems willing to totally change the characters so there's a possibility he isn't awful. I wonder what his concept would be.

Prototype

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";176344965]Last week's had a little more edge to it but nobody really commented on it so I thought it might have been too harsh for most people.[/QUOTE]

I still love the idea tho! Don't stop!

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";176344965]Last week's had a little more edge to it but nobody really commented on it so I thought it might have been too harsh for most people.[/QUOTE]
Don't hold back.

TBD Beast's Fury
TBD Next The King Of Fighters Title (tentative)
TBD Tekken X Street Fighter
TBD Yatagarasu: Legend of Raven

Feel like these should be downgraded to "vaporware until told otherwise" or removed altogether.

Also Pokken is no longer TBD

Slamtastic convinced me.

TBD Beast's Fury
TBD Next The King Of Fighters Title (tentative)
TBD Tekken X Street Fighter
TBD Yatagarasu: Legend of Raven

Feel like these should be downgraded to "vaporware until told otherwise" or removed altogether.

Also Pokken is no longer TBD
Why not keep them on the radar?

If R.Mika is in, I hope she comes with a wrestling ring stage. Throw some Saturday Night Slam Masters cameos in the background too.

Slamtastic convinced me.

Why not keep them on the radar?
Maybe KOF and xSF, but Nicalis is worthless and the Beasts Fury guy doesn't know how to program frame data into a fighting game.

Might want to add Pocket Rumble to the list since it might actually be a thing now too.

Watch the character this Friday be neither Karin or R. Mika but Sagat!
We won't get two veterans in a row, I wager. If you believe the split is:

8 SFII Veterans
4 Newcombers
4 Revamped

And we have:
Ryu
Chun
Bison
Nash
Birdie
Cammy
Necalli
Vega
Ken

Then we have:
6 SFII Veterans
1 Newcomer
2 Revamped

And thus, remaining:
2 SFII Veterans
3 Newcomers
2 Revamped

We probably will be getting someone new/revamped this weekend. With so many people sour over Vega, they need some fresh blood to excite people. Especially if we're going to get Honda/Balrog/Dhalsim down the line for even more ZzzZzz.

We won't get two veterans in a row, I wager. If you believe the split is:

We probably will be getting someone new/revamped this weekend. With so many people sour over Vega, they need some fresh blood to excite people. Especially if we're going to get Honda/Balrog/Dhalsim down the line for even more ZzzZzz.

That's a pretty pessimistic outlook, if you assume for sure that the game will have that many SF2 characters, or that every non SF2 character is going to be overhauled and can't just stand on their own how they were originally, or that all SF2 that make it in will be the same as they always have been. But it's probably a realistic outlook.

I hate that people think a "revamped" character is the same as an actual new character but everything before street fighter 4 didn't exist.

That's a pretty pessimistic outlook, if you assume for sure that the game will have that many SF2 characters, or that every non SF2 character is going to be overhauled and can't just stand on their own how they were originally, or that all SF2 that make it in will be the same as they always have been. But it's probably a realistic outlook.
Well, I was someone who wanted to believe the 8/4/4 color split on the Capcom presentation meant something else, but then Vega was announced. It seems hard to believe otherwise now. I'm sure they will all be touched up a bit (Vega is the only character to receive anything resembling an "overhaul"), but I'm just tired of seeing their faces. They can come back as DLC, and that's fine, but there's only so much excitement I can show for E. Honda hand slapping around the stage again.

The best case scenario is that the remaining two SFII veterans are some combination of Dhalsim, Blanka, and Akuma. Worst case scenario is some combination of Sagat, Balrog, Zangief, and E. Honda. Guile is middling for me. It isn't ideal, but I've come to accept something like this will come to pass. I actually think Dhalsim + Blanka is the most likely, because Dhalsim plays like no one else, and they probably don't want to rehash his playstyle and give it to someone else. Blanka is Ono's favorite. Akuma will probably be the first DLC release; he might be a secret fighter.

Of course, Juri could also be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom