• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/24-30| Trying Our Hardest to Become Pachinko Slot Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people want Rainbow Mika back again? Easily Top 5 wackest Street Fighter character ever & yet people want her back. There is a reason she's only in 1 SF game.

Why do people want Rainbow Mika back again? Easily Top 5 wackest Street Fighter character ever & yet people want her back. There is a reason she's only in 1 SF game.

Because after 44 characters in SF4 it's about who's remaining to get "revamped".

Street Fighter 6 Ken from street fighter 2010 is gonna be the top of everyone's list.

I hate that people think a "revamped" character is the same as an actual new character but everything before street fighter 4 didn't exist.
It clearly isn't the same, which is why I gave them different categories.

However, in terms of freshness, a revamped character is closer to a new character than a SFIV veteran. It isn't just about gameplay - any character can be made into a quality gameplay achievement. It's about having an interesting roster in terms of appearances.

I've been playing since the original SFII came out, and I have barely played SFIV, so I don't think you can leverage your complaint toward me.

There is nothing to like about her.
Someone missed the gif on the last page.

Shackzam

Couldn't the green section be returning street fighter characters and the blue just being alpha? I really hope that r.mika is in since she seems like the most fun to try and re-tool and change her up

Couldn't the green section be returning street fighter characters and the blue just being alpha? I really hope that r.mika is in since she seems like the most fun to try and re-tool and change her up
It could be SFII veterans, or it could be SFIV veternans. I am assuming the former so I can't be disappointed, but I can be pleasantly surprised at Juri getting in.

rookiejet

Why do you hate fun, man

Do you also play Tekken

Edit: However it pans out for the character roster at launch I'm not upset, given their keennes on supporting the game with DLC. Everyone will be there at some point

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
We won't get two veterans in a row, I wager. If you believe the split is:

8 SFII Veterans
4 Newcombers
4 Revamped

And we have:
Ryu
Chun
Bison
Nash
Birdie
Cammy
Necalli
Vega
Ken

Then we have:
6 SFII Veterans
1 Newcomer
2 Revamped

And thus, remaining:
2 SFII Veterans
3 Newcomers
2 Revamped

We probably will be getting someone new/revamped this weekend. With so many people sour over Vega, they need some fresh blood to excite people. Especially if we're going to get Honda/Balrog/Dhalsim down the line for even more ZzzZzz.

Well its safe to say that all the characters are in the game and they are in the process of just finessing the art for the game. A newcomer sounds pretty solid right about now since it would not only be refreshing but an opportunity to show that the game's meta is evolving with what this character's v-skill and v-trigger will be. If the illuminati is involved with Necali, I can only assume the other 3 characters are as well, which is why they are embarking on this journey. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a female character to boot too, possibly a femme fatale like Cammy, only more sleek and deadlier. On a mission to hunt down the remnants of the illuminati and bring peace back to her village.
This sounds more plausible than I thought lol

There is nothing to like about her.

lmao, this dude is a straight up troll. i give you my warm regards.

Modern R.Mika please. Or that cosplayer /ShinMaruku

I miss Shin. I can't tell if he's become a meme in this thread or a martyr for the greater good of animu.

NEO0MJ

She's pretty unique design-wise in the SF universe, and even in fighters overall. She was already kinda popular before and like Karst mentioned people will want more characters that didn't appear in SF IV and she's one of the few Alpha characters that didn't come back. Her main competition from that game right now are Sodom and Karin so it's no surprise that she's being asked for by many.

Someone missed the gif on the last page.

What do you mean? I'm still at page one!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fuck oranges. Waste of a spot in the fruit basket.

add a banana
10_Oro_Street_Fighter.jpg

Well its safe to say that all the characters are in the game and they are in the process of just finessing the art for the game. A newcomer sounds pretty solid right about now since it would not only be refreshing but an opportunity to show that the game's meta is evolving with what this character's v-skill and v-trigger will be. If the illuminati is involved with Necali, I can only assume the other 3 characters are as well, which is why they are embarking on this journey. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a female character to boot too, possibly a femme fatale like Cammy, only more sleek and deadlier. On a mission to hunt down the remnants of the illuminati and bring peace back to her village.
This sounds more plausible than I thought lol

lmao, this dude is a straight up troll. i give you my warm regards.
I hope Laura is a BJJ character. Rushdown grapples with fast movement.

Good point on the V-Trigger, too. Revealing a character that overturns our V-Trigger expectations would be fantastic.

Also, Panda warned y'all about ZTS. :p

the less games a character has been in, the better they are

0 games (new characters) are the best, followed by one game, down the line until you get to ryu

WarRock

There's going to be a Samurai Shodown 5 Special FightCade tournament on Friday, if anyone is interested. http://challonge.com/ssvsfsb

The game is easy to get into, and has a lot of janky depth to it. Here's one of my favorite match videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmFDtMw2Ee0
SSVS is so fucking fun. Enja Rekka man ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I want Gouken's daughter and Ken's son.
Ken has a daughter, Mel. She kicked his nuts once.

Skilletor

Must be a great way to go through life, ignoring people because they have different opinions than you. Kappa

I was just joking. That's part of how I go through life. If I put every silly poster on my ignore list, it'd be full.

Don't worry, I can still see your shit posts.

the less games a character has been in, the better they are

0 games (new characters) are the best, followed by one game, down the line until you get to ryu

Rufus, Viper, Abel, Fuerte, Hakan, Seth, All great characters. Some of the best in fact. You've convinced me. In fact I hope they bring R.Mika back with Fuerte's moveset. The best possible scenario.

NEO0MJ

Ya'll are mad. Kiwis are the best fruit.

Bruh if she was popular she wouldn't be in ONE SF game only.

Kinda popular, not very. And I expect most love her not for her gameplay. Plus the only games she could have appeared in after her debut was Capcom Vs SNK 2, Street Fighter IV, and SFxTKN (though she was referenced with a costume in this).

Rhapsody

Banned

My guess is green being returning characters that were in the SF4 roster. Blue being those not in 4.

Ya'll are mad. Kiwis are the best fruit.

Kinda popular, not very. And I expect most love her not for her gameplay. Plus the only games she could have appeared in after her debut was Capcom Vs SNK 2, Street Fighter IV, and SFxTKN (though she was referenced with a costume in this).

FightingJam, Any Vs Game, SVC Chaos.

Two games with the biggest rosters and the xTK which included another set of characters that weren't in SF4 initially, after it already had 39.

NEO0MJ

FightingJam, Any Vs Game, SVC Chaos.

Come on, like she was going to appear in the VS series. Forgot about the existence of Fighting Jam and SVC. But popularity was obviously not everything in those games or Red Arremer and that T-Rex thing would have never showed up.

Two games with the biggest rosters and the xTK which included another set of characters that weren't in SF4 initially, after it already had 39.

By that token Urien wasn't popular, either. His only appearance other than SF III was in Jam.

Azure J

Plums before apples? This is madness. I can't even dignify this with a proper response.

Grapes vs. Plums is a free match up for sure.

You didn't type this...

Tell me, you didn't type this.

There's only one variant of apple that can contend with A tier and that's a good Fuji apple. If anything, the other types of apples hold them back as a whole making everything else sneak up over it. Oranges though are just made to be broken tier.

Furthermore, how can anyone hate on plums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom